Apple Acquires Camel Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Alchemy Mobile Alchemy Player CamelCrusher Cameleon 5000 CamelPhat CamelPhatFree CamelSpace

Ed A. wrote:Maybe Ableton next? :lol:
Appleton Live. Hm, rolls off the tounge, eh? :help:

Seriously though, kind of crap news. Even though I'm a Mac guy for graphics/video work, I still use a PC for audio and music because there's no way I could afford a Mac Pro these days, and there are still some beloved plug ins that have never, and probably will never, be ported over.

So that's that. I doubt very much they'll continue Windows development for the Camel stuff, but I'd love to be wrong.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

jlanthier wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Any less boring news?

There is a LOT of much more interesting news readily available on any of the standard world news outlets, but frankly, most of it scares the living sh&^t out of me so I personally willfully narrow my field of vision to the point where I can become genuinely upset that one of my coolest plug-ins is a now reduced to an unsupported sitting duck thanks to one of the world's douchiest companies.
Sure, but after weeks, no months of wild speculations - with the Apple buyout being the most popular one - these "news" don't come so unexpected as it appears to be in this thread.

Oh, geez, it just got even crazier!

Native Instruments Acquires Apple?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I hope they somehow surprise us all and we find that PC users still have a way in to whatever comes next. Otherwise, I am deeply disappointed that my favorite synth has been swallowed into Tim Cook's proprietary cornhole.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

I am not clicking that. No Rick-rolling here :uhuhuh:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I'm honestly not surprised that this happened.
:borg:

"No, Apple! Put down that unfathomably large cheque book! I have to keep PC users happy!"

trimph1 wrote:I am not clicking that. No Rick-rolling here :uhuhuh:
Sorry. Too soon? :lol:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

"We will not accept your $50 million dollars. We have integrity."

Sampleconstruct wrote: Sure, but after weeks, no months of wild speculations - with the Apple buyout being the most popular one - these "news" don't come so unexpected as it appears to be in this thread.

Ya, I get you. I'm definitely on the record several times as believing it was most likely Apple all along. Still sucks to watch the last nails being driven into the coffin. :?

Gates of H&I wrote:Good grief.
You still own the product that you paid for. You still don't own the product that you didn't pay for and which doesn't exist.
I'm on board with this. Not really feeling the bite that others are expressing (at least not now).
Maybe it will be a good move for Apple to get back to doing something for the community that originally made them since they seem to have been completely ignoring us for the mass appeal in the idiocracy. Certainly they will employ the 'new obsolescence' model of making everything needed now and worthless in 18 months... but there's something to be said about them buying what they don't have the imagination to do on their own, for a market they had become almost indifferent to, in whatever guise and ploy they intend to fashion it, anyway. (It could be a good thing.)

Being that V1.55 is 64 bits, complete, and works better than some others on my drive. I still feel it has plenty enough life in it for me to not let any of this vex me for awhile. Moving forward with it and H5. And what the Camel becomes is still yet to be seen (even as a mac only product).

I wonder how Apple users would feel if Logic was bought by a company that was going to turn Logic into a PC-only product. I guarantee that their would be death-threats and lynch-mobs. Seriously though, can anybody blame users for being upset? We'll get over it. It just makes me nervous though, for what other beloved software will be taken over to the "Dark side" by Apple. :lol: Laughter is the best medicine!

quantum7 wrote:I wonder how Apple users would feel if Logic was bought by a company that was going to turn Logic into a PC-only product. I guarantee that their would be death-threats and lynch-mobs. Seriously though, can anybody blame users for being upset? We'll get over it. It just makes me nervous though, for what other beloved software will be taken over to the "Dark side" by Apple. :lol: Laughter is the best medicine!
Personally? I'd just put Windows back on my Hackintosh ;-)

Tis a bit harsh for the PC users though, but it happens... Plenty of people on OSX want Harmour and Vocodex after seeing the How To Bass series from Seamless.

Kickflip wrote: Plenty of people on OSX want Harmour and Vocodex after seeing the How To Bass series from Seamless.
How many of those people have spent hundreds of $$ on licenses before OSX support got pulled? :wink:

quantum7 wrote:I wonder how Apple users would feel if Logic was bought by a company that was going to turn Logic into a PC-only product. I guarantee that their would be death-threats and lynch-mobs.
Been there, done that. I was a PC Logic user when emagic sold to Apple, and terminated Logic on the PC platform.

(And actually, before that, I was a Logic *Atari* user when they terminated Atari ST support.)

Use Macs now, never been happier, and Logic has never been better. After the rants are over, the sky doesn't fall, people adjust, and we make music with whatever tools we can.

Return to “Instruments”