Clipshift Feature Request

Official support for: lvcaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is potentially an odd request. When choosing upsampling, all of the audio is changed. In my opinion, not necessarily for the better (I'm not generally a fan of the sound of upsampling in many instances). Of course, the clipped portion sounds better and has less aliasing/artifacts/etc. But I've ultimately found that perhaps it isn't worth it, since the rest of the audio is effected so much (especially when used in mastering).

Would it be possible in the future to consider only having upsampling effect the portion of the audio being processed, ie clipped?

I could have sworn that maybe the TDR kotelnikov worked this way (I know a compressor and not a clipper)... bit transparent except for anything being processed.

Let me know if it's even possible, but thanks for reading and considering.

That is a really interesting idea. I will have to think about how that would work.
I am working on updating ClipShifter, and I hope to have a new version released soon. I don't think I will have time to add the oversampling feature, but I will work on testing it in the future. It would be a feature that would work well with ClipShifter, as well as Limited-MAX and Limited-T.

One thing that you might want to try in the meantime (if you have the paid version), is to use it without oversampling. Then you can use the EQ function and turn the High EQ frequency control to something like 10k. Then if you turn on processing for the low band, you are effectively bypassing the clipper for anything higher than 10k.

It doesn't eliminate aliasing, but it decreases the effect. The more clipping that occurs in the upper frequencies, the more aliasing "spills" into the lower (and more audible) range.

hi, i sometimes use the paid clipshifter (8x, double) and have noticed i think that it seems the sub/low end of audio signal is removed too much, is that the case when using clipshifter in any mode? cheers

graph wrote:hi, i sometimes use the paid clipshifter (8x, double) and have noticed i think that it seems the sub/low end of audio signal is removed too much, is that the case when using clipshifter in any mode? cheers
I think that is the result of most must having greater "energy" in the lower frequencies. If you look at a spectrum analysis of music, the bass region is almost always significantly louder (and, most spectrum analyzers even attempt to compensate for this by adding about +3 dB/octave when plotting).

If you have the paid version, you can try to use the EQ tab to reduce the clipping in the bass region. If you turn on processing for the bass and mid (or bass, mid, and treble) regions, you can reduce the clipping in the bass. By setting the gain to "SideChain" and turning the bass gain down, less clipping will occur. After clipping, the gain will be added back into the audio so it shouldn't mess up the overall EQ, unless you are doing a lot of clipping.

Let me know how it works for you.

hello, apologies for the late reply.

what i have ended up doing is just placing the plugin on the master channel 1st thing whenever i begin a new project, seems to work fine for me doing that and i go with the sound.

there is another thing, the stuff to do with the mid/side mode, or when you increase the side level for instance an the volume doesn't go up, but visually it does. i use that mode all the time anyway and just go with it, but i don't quite get it entirely.

when in any mode, is increasing the width control function acting the same as increasing the side gain? i guess I'm just not fully aware of what is going on exactly in certain modes or whatever.

cheers

Now that Toned-MAX and Limited-Z have been released, ClipShifter version 2 coding is finally starting. The new plugin will have a new name: Clipped-MAX. Anyone that owns ClipShifter will get a free upgrade to the new plugin when it is released.

Again, please let me know any requests for features. Also, there is about 24 hours left for the 40%-off sale. Happy New Year!

I got the email about ''The next ClipShifter - Clipped-MAX''. Will you be sending a separate email about our free upgrade? I still have my ClipShifter_reg text document license.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Just fire up Clipped-MAX. The first time it launches, it will look for the ClipShifter registration information. If it finds it, it will copy things over to Clipped-MAX. Close Clipped-MAX and relaunch and Clipped-MAX should show that it is registered.

If you run into any problems, just let me know.

Downloaded and installed Clipped-MAX (Windows) – Version 2.0.0.
Opened it in my DAW ... the plug-in didn't ask for anything.

I clicked on the top left LVC Audio logo and copied and pasted my details into the plugin.
Name, email, Reg Key. I clicked save changes but it's still showing demo version even after reloading.

Also tried putting ClipShifter_reg in same folder as ClippedMAX_x64.dll

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
random_id wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:25 pm If you run into any problems, just let me know.

The ClipShifter_reg file needs to be the specific place for the plugin to find it.
On a PC it is C:/Users/[username]/AppData/Roaming/LVC-Audio/
On a Mac it is [username]/Music/LVC-Audio

If you still have problems, PM me or use the contact form from the website. If you send me your name and email that you used to purchase ClipShifter, I can generate a new Clipped-MAX registration email for you.

On a PC it is C:/Users/[username]/AppData/Roaming/LVC-Audio/

In this location there are now three files:
Clipped-MAX_CONFIG
Clipped-MAX_reg
ClipShifter_reg

This hasn't worked.

When I open the plugin, the details displayed are:
Username: Demo Version
Email: Demo Version
Reg Key:---

I already filled out a support ticket a few days ago. There has been no reply.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
random_id wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:25 pm If you run into any problems, just let me know.

Aloysius wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:46 pm ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sent you a PM

Nothing in my inbox. I'll send you one. ;)

Return to “LVC-Audio”