Coral - new music from Studio D

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings,

An ambient choral track :

https://soundcloud.com/davephillips69/coral

A tonal counterpoint exercise for the Angelina synthesizer. Made with Bitwig 1.1.8.

Best,

dp

Interesting sound, you could have personally taken that pad sound and looped it and threw some 808s, kicks, hi hats, and snares behind it and it would have made a sweet chilled trap song! keep up the work man we all start somewhere!
Never forget where you came from, you'll never know once your gone

https://soundcloud.com/trilltek

Trap Tommy wrote:Interesting sound, you could have personally taken that pad sound and looped it and threw some 808s, kicks, hi hats, and snares behind it and it would have made a sweet chilled trap song!
I think you mean that's what *you* would do with it. Be my guest. :)
keep up the work man we all start somewhere!
I'll keep that in mind. :)

Best,

dp

Awesome. I think there is something particularly pleasing about many of the sounds available from synthesized or sampled vocal sources. They often don't sound quite "right", but they still manage to sound right, if you know what I mean. I really enjoyed it. Beautiful melancholia.

Good work :)

nice, but you could have added some death metal guitars, some speed metal double kicks and some circular saw samples
and made a very dreamy, "ambient industrial" track!

lol, jk

this was nice and relaxing. much enjoyed :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

seismic1 wrote:Awesome. I think there is something particularly pleasing about many of the sounds available from synthesized or sampled vocal sources. They often don't sound quite "right", but they still manage to sound right, if you know what I mean.
Thanks, seismic, and you hit the nail directly. I could have chosen from a variety of vocal-sample based solutions, but that was not my intention. I started with the sounds from the synth, not from sounds in my head. I let the sounds guide the composition, the synth has some very "vocal" presets, so the piece evolved into a "fake" choral music, i.e. little attention was paid to the rules of voice leading, parts cross with impunity, ranges are utterly ignored, yet I still like the piece for its overall sound.

Well, I'll take sound over rules any day anyway. :)

Best,

dp

layzer wrote:nice, but you could have added some death metal guitars, some speed metal double kicks and some circular saw samples...
So that's what was missing...
and made a very dreamy, "ambient industrial" track!
Holy Fong, that cracked me up. "Ambient industrial" is intriguing enough, but *dreamy* ?!
lol
Ditto for a much-appreciated pre-coffeenated morning lift. :)
this was nice and relaxing. much enjoyed
Thanks for listening to my track, layzer, and thanks again for the advice on the shredders, kicks, and saws. :D

Best,

dp

This is lovely SD. I often find the best compositions come naturally as you play. The number of times I have done a guitar solo several times and then picked the first version...
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

StudioDave wrote:I still like the piece for its overall sound.
Me too. Very enjoyable. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

Thank you, DH and Allomerus ! :)

Liked. Although I prefer less synthesised vox...
Good job.

Return to “Music Cafe”