TAL Sampler

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Sampler

Issue that I only seem to have with TAL Sampler in Ableton Live - if I don't have a MIDI controller hooked up and just use a keyboard, if I move a knob or anything the QWERTY keyboard changes to C4 as the root (the correct octave is shown in Ableton/other plugins). I can't change the octave in TAL Sampler unless I turn the QWERTY keyboard off and on in Ableton.

That’s strange. I’m using it in Live 9.7.

is it possible to assign different midi channels to layers?thanks

moutkie08 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:01 pm is it possible to assign different midi channels to layers?thanks
No. If you mean Layer A receives data exclusively on MIDI Ch 1, Layer B receives data exclusively on MIDI Ch 2, etc.. Multiple TAL Sampler instances seems the way to go.

ok, that was what i meant, thanks.

Amazing piece of software! One thing I would really like is to actually trim samples in the samplemap so they take up less memory as embedded audio.

Solmano wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:39 pm Amazing piece of software! One thing I would really like is to actually trim samples in the samplemap so they take up less memory as embedded audio.
Totally agree, very cool tool.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Wanted to see if anyone knows whether Load Previous/Next Sample is available as a mappable parameter? I'm 99% positive it's not, but thought I'd check here in case I was missing something obvious. Thanks!

BobbyLandry wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:35 pm Wanted to see if anyone knows whether Load Previous/Next Sample is available as a mappable parameter? I'm 99% positive it's not, but thought I'd check here in case I was missing something obvious. Thanks!
Do you mean presets? Maybe this will help:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... st15284583

Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:55 pm
BobbyLandry wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:35 pm Wanted to see if anyone knows whether Load Previous/Next Sample is available as a mappable parameter? I'm 99% positive it's not, but thought I'd check here in case I was missing something obvious. Thanks!

Thanks for the link. I see Previous/Next Preset just fine, which I don't really need to do but is cool, I'm just looking to map changing the actual sample itself. It doesn't show up as a mappable parameter in Ableton in addition to not mapping in the plugin itself so I'm going with it not being possible.

I'd like to map the buttons when you're in a Layer and there's the WAV view of whatever sample is loaded and below that is

( < | LOAD | ROM | > )

and it lets you flip through the rest of the samples in the folder.

I can do it with a mouse, it's not the end of the world or anything, it's just something I do constantly and about the only time I'd like something on a controller.

Thanks for the link anyway!

BobbyLandry wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:10 pm
Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:55 pm

Thanks for the link. I see Previous/Next Preset just fine, which I don't really need to do but is cool, I'm just looking to map changing the actual sample itself. It doesn't show up as a mappable parameter in Ableton in addition to not mapping in the plugin itself so I'm going with it not being possible.

I'd like to map the buttons when you're in a Layer and there's the WAV view of whatever sample is loaded and below that is

( < | LOAD | ROM | > )

and it lets you flip through the rest of the samples in the folder.

I can do it with a mouse, it's not the end of the world or anything, it's just something I do constantly and about the only time I'd like something on a controller.

Thanks for the link anyway!
I emailed them about it, super fast response, nice they even entertained me asking for something. They said they might add it if they get more requests.

It's not something I absolutely need or anything but I've never found a sampler that can do it.

How do you do fine adjustments with mouse wheel on this, the usual hotkeys dont seem to work.
Duh

bungle wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:45 am How do you do fine adjustments with mouse wheel on this, the usual hotkeys dont seem to work.
I don't think you can do fine adjustments with the mouse wheel, only ctrl+click, which is a shame.

the way the ctrl+click adjustment is scaled is one of the few things I don't like about TAL plugins - I think there's some sort of in-built mouse acceleration that makes it so there's virtually no change if you move the mouse slowly.

It's really nice for that oldskool sampler sound.

May I ask what settings you use for oldschool sound?

I've tried a lot and I'm not 100% happy, it's often too subtle, I don't get much grit. I still try to find a real instantly noticeable difference between using this one and adding just a TAL DAC after a random clean sampler.

The sampler has a great workflow though! This alone makes to worth to buy.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”