Bliss sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

Probably not. We're rather busy updating Bliss with native Apple Silicon compatibility and new framework right now.

Greetings, George;

Is there any chance you can solve the issue of Bliss native Linux requiring "save samples in the plugin state" to be enabled to correctly reload the Bliss setup? It adds many Megs to the size of my Reaper projects.

It should be fixed on the next update.

Bliss 2.0 Beta 1 has been released.

https://www.discodsp.com/members/ (for 1.8 customers only).
  • Universal 2 Binary (Native Apple M1 chip compatibility).
  • Added alert window when selecting extreme quality interpolation settings.
  • Added Export Program to mapped WAV files.
  • Added Linux JACK support for standalone.
  • Added Windows ASIO support for standalone.
  • Delay FX synced to host tempo by default.
  • Enhanced voice handling.
  • Fixed legato mode.
  • Full width character display on Program and Zone LCD.
  • Improved unison speed.
  • LUA script updating.
  • Major framework updated (JUCE 5 to JUCE 6).
  • Max voices upped to 64.
  • Memory optimizations.
  • Miscellaneous GUI cosmetic changes.
  • More musical Chorus FX default value.
  • Pitch Shifting (Licensed Rubber Band engine from Breakfast Quay).
  • RAM memory per instance reduced to 7.7x.
  • Redistributed VST sampling menu.
  • Removed FLAC export code from voice DSP code.
  • Removed webkit component in Linux for additional compatibility.
  • Simplified reverb engine.
  • VST sampling engine enhancements.

I just did a quick test on Bliss 2 beta 1.

It works! I can load projects *without* enabling "save samples in the plugin state" :clap:

This is a big deal - Thank you, George!

Will this update have round robin? Been asking for this since 1.5 and repeatedly promised every update would have it (1.6, 1.7 and 1.8)

Not for 2.0. Round robin has been on the todo for a long time indeed but the priority is low because there’s little demand and quite time consuming to implement.

and hardware sampling ?

In 2.x for sure, it’s relatively easy to implement.

discoDSP wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:12 pm Not for 2.0. Round robin has been on the todo for a long time indeed but the priority is low because there’s little demand and quite time consuming to implement.
Good to know, maybe it looks like the demand is low, because those who think its important didn’t consider to buy Bliss in the first place…
Its a standard feature, even decent sampler can do it…

discoDSP wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:12 pm Not for 2.0. Round robin has been on the todo for a long time indeed but the priority is low because there’s little demand and quite time consuming to implement.
If Round Robin is a low priority, could you implement some alternative (but easier) way of avoiding the machine gun effect when using drums? For example, maybe an adjustable LFO or some other randomizer tied to which sample velocity layer is played to make it use each different velocity layer as a different sample? For example, DrumGizmo has a humanizer option that uses a similar approach to avoid the machine gun effect when drumming. That would go a long way to doing away with the need for round robin for me. :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

I'd go for the round robin instead, the randomising thing can be addressed easily via DAW. Decent sampler seems a excellent product and I noticed it's written using JUCE too. I'll try to reach the developer and ask to join forces.

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:08 pm
Good to know, maybe it looks like the demand is low, because those who think its important didn’t consider to buy Bliss in the first place…
Its a standard feature, even decent sampler can do it…
I have to agree with this. I haven't requested round robins because I don't use Bliss, because it's not the sampler for me, since it doesn't offer things like round robins...

discoDSP wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:59 pm I'd go for the round robin instead, the randomising thing can be addressed easily via DAW. Decent sampler seems a excellent product and I noticed it's written using JUCE too. I'll try to reach the developer and ask to join forces.
Sounds good! Thank you! 🙂
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Bliss 2.0 Beta 2 has been released for registered customers at https://www.discodsp.com/members/
  • Adjusted sample edit GUI controls to fit window.
  • Added Rubber Band time stretch library license string.
  • Fixed note sharp character not displayed correctly.
  • Fixed note sharp character not exported correctly.
  • Added dragging behaviour for velocity, key range and tempo selection.
  • Added export single selected file.
  • Added exported file to recent sample list.
  • Added save selected zone in Bliss program.
  • Sample and zone export now uses 24-bit instead 16-bit.
  • Minor fixes and enhancements.

Return to “Instruments”