Uplifting trance - Helsinki (Original Mix) - Thank you.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Coxy on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The mixing is very good and the sounds are well made, but I wish the main melody were more memorable, it's a bit too simplistic.

Good track overall.

There was a song called Helsinki Scorching by Super8 and DJ Tab, It had kinda similar vibe, did you take your inspiration from them?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Thanks man. Yes that's a classic tune that took me half way round Australia back in the day.

Possibly subconsciously yes when I came up with the name but didn't set out with that in mind.

I think you're right melody needs some work. I'm trying to keep it progressive but uplifting much like ilan bluestones 'cloudchaser' and '43' if you've heard them?

i enjoyed it... good background music for excersizing. it had breaks and some nice rhythms.
only wanted to hear a little more low end power on the bass synth, and a bit more volume on the leads and keys to fill in a dip in the 300hz-1khz freqs. the drums were good though.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks Layzer. Will take your comments and see what I can do

Good mix and good production. Like it.

Has this TATW vibe, many tracks (7skies, Super8, etc) sharing a bit this similarities.
The mix needs a bit more low-end, compare it with similar tracks (eg. from Super8) and you will hear the difference.

Hi Guys

I worked hard on changing the melody completely and bringing parts together to shorten the track slightly to keep the momentum going.

The melody needs some work still with EQ - sounds a little high end biased but am working on that.

Please give it a re-listen and let me know.

https://soundcloud.com/coxys/coxy-never ... iginal-mix

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Coxy on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I like the changes. It's a good track.
Btw, i tried to visit your homepage but got an error ?

The track is more like progressive than uplifting but still it has got some feel to lift me up. Melody feels however slow. I would also raise BPM just a little bit. I enjoyed Your tune, generally! Keep it up! :)

Thanks all - I've done a final update on the tune and had it mastered.

Final listen from everyone?

TIA

I'd like to shamelessly announce that this ended up getting taken up by a record label, OMG i'm so happy!!

I ended up changing the name to avoid confusion of a classic trance tune called helsinki.

Big thank you to everyone for all the feedback, for this and all the other times I've been relentlessly posting tunes here for your critique. You've all been a part of my development & progression as a producer so it's no understatement to say without that I may not have been able to post this paragraph.

Return to “Music Cafe”