Double the Dose (Acid Techno)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I think you're probably right about the compression. It doesn't sound particularly bad, but this track is WAY louder than anything else I've played this week. Mind you, you probably don't need to worry too much about headroom from a DR perspective, as the genre dictates this style of levelling. I guess the level is more noticeable when this track is played as part of a playlist alongside Erik Satie or AES Dana :wink:

There was a small break at 0:50 where I was thrown off the rhythm a little. I don't think it was a skip or anything wrong with the audio. It just sounded a little unnatural. I liked the overall feel of this track. All the synth components sounded great, and I liked the snare sound.

Good work :)

Groovy as fvck!

I mean really groovy. :tu:

Maybe overcompressed but it doesn't sound bad.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

seismic1 wrote:I think you're probably right about the compression. It doesn't sound particularly bad, but this track is WAY louder than anything else I've played this week. Mind you, you probably don't need to worry too much about headroom from a DR perspective, as the genre dictates this style of levelling. I guess the level is more noticeable when this track is played as part of a playlist alongside Erik Satie or AES Dana :wink:

There was a small break at 0:50 where I was thrown off the rhythm a little. I don't think it was a skip or anything wrong with the audio. It just sounded a little unnatural. I liked the overall feel of this track. All the synth components sounded great, and I liked the snare sound.

Good work :)
Thanks as always Seismic.

I think part of the issue is I was trying to "master" as I mixed. Schoolboy error. I will leave it a week or so and revisit for another mix down.

I do know exactly what you mean by the unnatural break. It's a weird one that. It has sounded unnatural all along but it just shouldn't; there's no change in notes etc to cause the weirdness. Part of the issue is I tried to correct it, which has obviously made it worse. Another schoolboy error.

recursive one wrote:Groovy as fvck!

I mean really groovy. :tu:

Maybe overcompressed but it doesn't sound bad.
Well that sounds great to hear 8)

Thanks mate!

Up.

Last bump before I pull it down to remix.

Remixed version now up.

https://soundcloud.com/mushy-mushy/double-the-dose
Gotta love the picture...all blotter acid...nice one.
I have no sense of myself anyway, i`m Borderline Personality Disordered, so nothing to lose. I usually just take on the mannerisms of the person closest to me, so no worries. :party: :lol: :wink:
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:Gotta love the picture...all blotter acid...nice one
It did seem to be appropriate.
It has however made me hungry, if you catch my drift :hihi:
I have no sense of myself anyway, i`m Borderline Personality Disordered, so nothing to lose. I usually just take on the mannerisms of the person closest to me, so no worries.
:lol: :D

New toys been remixes 8)

Not sure how I missed miss. Then I looked at the date. Then I asked myself who found this gem and necro'd it. Then I saw it was you. So what happened? Remix? Anyway, very quirky and enjoyable to listen to to a point. Kind of repetitive in places for an almost 9 minute track. But I understand it's a genre thing. Not the kind of music I could listen to for a whole day but it was a nice change of pace. The production is good, at least according to this layman's ears as I don't really know how this genre is supposed to sound. All I know is it sounded good to me. Perhaps the techno experts can offer additional insight.

Anyway, good fun.

Thanks Wags.

I acquired a few new mixing/mastering plugins over the last few weeks along with a bit of knowledge and tips. I intend to remix a few of my older tracks and this is the first of that batch.

Oooooh and all of a sudden I'm back at the Bomb in Notts right in the middle of an effin sweat fest... :hihi:
Yeah man, good stuff! :band2: :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:28 pm Oooooh and all of a sudden I'm back at the Bomb in Notts right in the middle of an effin sweat fest... :hihi:
Yeah man, good stuff! :band2: :tu:
haha thanks man.

That was my era too, the best days of my life. The problem with that though is that any acid track I make inherently ends up having the classic London sound. I’d like to add a current flavour to it and that’s what I strive to do with every new track. One day I’ll get there.

Return to “Music Cafe”