What's up at Plogue?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alter/Ego Bidule chipcrusher chipsounds chipspeech chipsynth MD chipsynth PortaFM sforzando

Nice, the C64 is definitely what I'm waiting for. @davidv@plogue - Is there any intentions of having a VGM Player for SID tracks - I frequently listen to things from HVSC ( https://www.hvsc.c64.org/ ) and would be great to have a more accurate player than my existing player (sidplay)

Niowiad wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:25 am
Caine123 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:36 pm
davidv@plogue wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:29 pm
NAD wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:01 pm Please do FC next!
Funny how FC was the first announced and will ship last in the ones that were announced.
C64 is next. We are deeply focussed on it.
best news :)! any ETA yet?
This was the last public update on the matter.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid/status/1546549683199303680

I'm looking forward to both C64 and FC chipsynths :love:
thx a lot! so hope is it still gets released this year :tu:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Greenstorm33 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:18 am Five minutes isn't good for anything more than quickly running through the presets. Which isn't really much more helpful than listening to demos. I'm interested in your chipsynth products but have not yet bought any due to the inability to properly test them.
i installed ops7 and gave it a try in ableton. after reaching the 4th preset - some really awesome oldschool fm bass sound - i smashed some chords. i was really pleased.
then i wanted to go on with the presets as the shutdown happened.

well...all i can say, i usually test plugins over a VERY long period of time, for example almost all u-he plugins. i even make some tracks with them WITH the annoying noise or so. i dont care. i bought my first u-he plugin after some month. then i bought the next one, then the next and so forth. i almost have all of them now. took me a couple years though - mostly due to my limited budget tbh. but without that generous offering of u-he doin an unlimited time demo with noises i wouldnt have bought them.

i dont even demand an unlimited demo, but at least a nicer timelimit WITH the noise. maybe 15mins. otherwise, i mean 3-4 presets and thats it? doesnt do the trick to my wallet tbh...very sad. the sound of the plugin may be a killer^^

Was my last post overlooked?

Still interested in buying chipsynth MD.
But currently the envelope knobs seem to have a bug, which makes using them kind of hard.

Nokenoku wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:29 pm Was my last post overlooked?

Still interested in buying chipsynth MD.
But currently the envelope knobs seem to have a bug, which makes using them kind of hard.
True, but that knob will never feel natural however we tweak it. If your buying decision is based around one type of knob in the UI, then you have your answer.

Kind Regards.
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid
https://plogue.com

Any particular reason, why you don't want to fix this bug?
Are you pissed at me somehow, because I explained it to you in detail, after you already came with that needlessly condescending "sigh" at me? Are you one of those guys? Would not have thought that after watching and enjoying your videos.

It's not a matter of "tweaking" something to make it feel good.
It's a matter of fixing a bug, which is making the envelope-knobs not react (to mouse-movement) as you intended.
Did you even watch the video? I think you still don't understand the issue. Maybe open up chipsynth MD for yourself and have a play with those knobs.

Also the Shift-Button does not work on them. In fact it makes to knobs jump.
It is a bug.
davidv@plogue wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:46 pmIf your buying decision is based around one type of knob in the UI, then you have your answer.
My buying decision is based around the quality of a product and its alternatives.
If you fix the product, I don't even care about your attitude.

Nokenoku wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:33 pm Any particular reason, why you don't want to fix this bug?
I've used MD for several years. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but I think you're wanting envelopes that simply don't exist in the original chip, and the original chip is what Plogue are modeling here. Envelope values are very coarse and limited, so shift+click+drag is not going to result in smooth fine-tuning. If this isn't what you meant, please ignore my post.

nominil wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:51 pmMaybe I'm misunderstanding something, but I think you're wanting envelopes that simply don't exist in the original chip, ...
No. I don't want anything about the envelopes to be changed.

I explained the bug here in detail:
viewtopic.php?p=8484854#p8484854

And I showed it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHsr7ufrnJw
The knobs are not reacting properly to mouse-movement.
That's all I am saying.
nominil wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:51 pmEnvelope values are very coarse and limited, so shift+click+drag is not going to result in smooth fine-tuning.
Shift could still make the knob turn slower.
Also the knob will jump, when you press shift after you already started moving.

Nokenoku wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:39 pm
And I showed it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHsr7ufrnJw
The knobs are not reacting properly to mouse-movement.
That's all I am saying.
Ah okay, I somehow missed the video upthread. I *think* I see what you're referring to, but I also think I adjusted to that a long time ago. For me, it was a minor and rarely encountered annoyance, but that's me. I'm an MD fan (it's one of my favorite synths and architectures) so I am perhaps not even remotely unbiased. :)

AFAIK, there's one other commercial MegaDrive soft synth, and I think there's a freeware one as well. If you like old school FM, those might be worth googling into. Good luck!

Nokenoku wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:33 pm Any particular reason, why you don't want to fix this bug?
No reason except the difference of opinion regarding how big of an issue it this is. We feel its a low priority fix.
Kind Regards.
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid
https://plogue.com

nominil wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:51 pmAFAIK, there's one other commercial MegaDrive soft synth, and I think there's a freeware one as well. If you like old school FM, those might be worth googling into. Good luck!
So far I found 2 other commercial ones:
Inphonik RYM2612
AlyJamesLab FMDrive

And 2 free ones:
Genny (successor to YM2612)
OPNplug

However they have their own issues:

FMDrive ... really bad UI.

RYM2612 ... better UI, but main knobs only being labled on top.
Instrument import from VGMs is a bit complicated.

OPNPlug ... bad UI, really uncommon knob-turn-behaviour.
Bloated by general MIDI stuff.
No option to import instruments from vgm.

Genny ... UI is pretty good, but a bit small on 4K displays.
Sadly it has a lot of bugs. Some controls from OP2 and OP3 are switched. LFO does not work (but there's an alternative vibrato, activated by high notes).
And then there seems to be a bug baked into some of the presets, which makes certain elements of a sound not trigger in some of the notes. However so far it seems you're fine, if you don't use those faulty presets.

It's not like you couldn't use those. Same for chipsynth MD of course.
But without the envelope-knob-bugs chipsynth MD would be easily the best and an instant-buy.
However as we heard the dev, he does not care about potential customers and bugs in his software.

davidv@plogue wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:51 pmNo reason except the difference of opinion regarding how big of an issue it this is. We feel its a low priority fix.
Kind Regards.
If you ever find the time for it, I'd be really thankful and happy to use your product.

Kind Regards

Nokenoku wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:11 pm However as we heard the dev, he does not care about potential customers and bugs in his software.
Wasn't the response I read. If I was a developer, I wouldn't cater to your hyperbolic whining either.

Nokenoku wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:11 pm
However as we heard the dev, he does not care about potential customers and bugs in his software.
Dude , seriously :dog:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

kidslow wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:24 pmWasn't the response I read. If I was a developer, I wouldn't cater to your hyperbolic whining either.
Learn to read then.

He confirmed it's a bug and that he won't fix it.
He acted like I was somehow weird for wanting a plugin, where I don't have to fight the UI.
He made it very clear, that he is not interested in me as a customer.

I took my time to properly report a bug, and then I get this attitude.
And then some toady like you tells me, it is "whining". :clap:

Return to “Instruments”