What's up at Plogue?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alter/Ego Bidule chipcrusher chipsounds chipspeech chipsynth MD chipsynth PortaFM sforzando

Korg Supporter wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:23 pm
midi_transmission wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:29 am I'd love to see classic sampler emulations by plogue after that with all the good artefacts they create. Including d/a to polyphonic playback.
Ooooh, Ensoniq Mirage would be nice, but perhaps TAL Sampler covers that.
There is already a great Mirage emulation:

https://www.112db.com/plugins/instruments/morgana/
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Morgana is pretty old.I would love to see what Plogue can do. Honestly an ASR10 or Ensoniq sampler EMU that lets you drag and drop samples in would be a game changer, especially if it can really pitch as well as the old gear.

Yeah, Morgana is a pretty generalized interpretation of vintage samplers in general. Not exactly a faithful Mirage emulation.

On the mother hand, I don’t thing that anyone REALLY wants a super-accurate Mirage. There are just too much awkwardness and inconvenience in the synthesis and file handling.

Personally I’d like a Plogue Prophet VS. The Arturia one isn’t bad, but it’s just so laden with all the generic candy-bloat they put in everything. Plogue would be more hardcore vintage!

IMG_8149.jpeg
I saw this on instagram, anyone can take a guess ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

C64
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Is Sonic Charge cyclone free? I forgot.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:52 pm C64
finally? :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

David has tweeted many times about getting the C64 plugin out of the way.

Hi Plogue, I'm selling my plugins because I don't use them, I know there's a $20 or Euro transfer fee, Is that per plugin?

ie, if I sell them all to one person in a bundle of 3, would it be $20 or $60 (for 3)?
It's unreasonably expensive imho.

pinbot wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:26 pm Is Sonic Charge cyclone free? I forgot.
Yes , and it's recently been updated ( scaling etc..)
It's an amazing sampler :tu:
You can't get closer to hardware in the box with cyclone +ops 7 and the latest usual suspects stuff
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

The vague thing in the background of the image is giving me Famicom vibes. We know the C64 is coming, but we also know that there may have been a pause on development for *something* to work on something else. I think David mentioned that on his personal Twitter a while back.

nominil wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:00 am The vague thing in the background of the image is giving me Famicom vibes. We know the C64 is coming, but we also know that there may have been a pause on development for *something* to work on something else. I think David mentioned that on his personal Twitter a while back.
This is correct

I suspect it is neither C64 nor Famicon.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:00 am I suspect it is neither C64 nor Famicon.
It could be that the curvy CRT vibe of the teaser image refers to something other than the Famicom or C64 or is just a stylized effect not meant to be a clue. Will be interesting to see what that is. I really think I'm seeing a Famicom in the background, but my brain is tired. Perhaps we'll know by the end of the week.

nominil wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:32 am
tonedef71 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:00 am I suspect it is neither C64 nor Famicon.
It could be that the curvy CRT vibe of the teaser image refers to something other than the Famicom or C64 or is just a stylized effect not meant to be a clue. Will be interesting to see what that is. I really think I'm seeing a Famicom in the background, but my brain is tired. Perhaps we'll know by the end of the week.
I figure that since we know that the C64 and Famicom are in the works, Plogue is free to be upfront about their imminent release -- no mysterious teaser is needed. However, the release of a brand new chipsynth product -- one which we were never informed about -- would be more worthy of such a teaser promotion.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Instruments”