Progressive trance need advice on next steps

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Coxy
KVRian
677 posts since 31 Aug, 2004 from England !

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:06 am

It's early days with still a lot to be done but I'm not happy with the main lead.

I was hoping for something more uplifting - or moving. But making the transition from Progressive to uplifting is difficult.

Any ideas on where to take this?

https://soundcloud.com/coxys/kh120-comp ... 01/s-KIqlS

TIA

chk071
KVRAF
19426 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Progressive trance need advice on next steps

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:16 am

Don't know about the lead, or the other stuff, but the kick, and generally the precussions could use a LOT more punch. Sounds like you created the kick from a single sound, needs more laying IMO. And everything could be a lot louder, brighter, more bassey etc. All sounds very background-ish.

Sorry to be so critical, but it really lacks a lot still IMHO. Your least concern should be the lead. And the sounds are quite good.

Coxy
KVRian
677 posts since 31 Aug, 2004 from England !

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:20 am

Thanks

No I compose and arrange first to avoid burning out on the detailed stuff.

The layering, balance and stuff you talk of will come later, I'm just trying to sort raw composition, melodic elements and "feel" at the moment.

For me concentrating on the stuff you talk of means i just end up getting bogged down - I need to get the creative side out first.

chk071
KVRAF
19426 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:25 am

Ok, fair enough.

rvkYoDleFool
KVRist
66 posts since 4 Mar, 2013 from Germany

Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:36 am

It's a good track but now i know what you're saying that it lacks some kind of melody. Til now it sounds like some 2nd lead should be added ? I think the sound of the lead synth should be more aggressive. My 2 cents.

:tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”