Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Official support for: bitwig.com
volker@bitwig
KVRist
367 posts since 29 May, 2005 from Berlin

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:50 pm

Hello again,

another day - another beta ... Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10 is online. Here is the list of changes:

FIXED - Remember state of popup browser when browsing for samples or multi samples for a sampler.
FIXED - Crash sometimes when double clicking recently used document in file browser.
FIXED - Engine crash related to sends of nested device chains.
FIXED - Search field is not focussed when opening Popup Browser via Drum Machine.
FIXED - Regression: Crash when deleting a clip that is viewed in note editor with folded note lanes.
FIXED - Selecting aggregate CoreAudio devices crashes the engine when a separate input is selected as well.

Cheers,
Volker
Volker Schumacher, developer at http://www.bitwig.com

polytrikz
KVRer
22 posts since 12 Sep, 2015 from Berlin

Re: Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:57 pm

crazy ;) it's 23:56 GMT+2!

mrfrenkie
KVRist
256 posts since 26 Mar, 2014 from Moscow

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:02 pm

After load searched samples via popup browser, sampler not remember path for samples.

Also if sample loaded from side browser (not even from the search results)
Last edited by mrfrenkie on Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThomasHelzle
KVRAF
5310 posts since 9 Dec, 2008 from Berlin

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Wow, I can hardly keep up LOL

:tu:

Thanks Volker!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream|Thomas Helzle 8) Twitter

yoshi303
Banned
576 posts since 3 Jul, 2010

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:09 pm

VERY NICe WORK , TY BITWIG's !!! that was so "terrible" in beta 9 -> too much crashes..

now i can load my template perfectly... :D

gonna investigate more... ;p
night life...
sry but i can't talk alone.

woodsdenis
KVRAF
1523 posts since 25 Feb, 2005

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:23 pm

1.2b10 when trying to initialise Avid HD Native core audio BW freezes and is unresponsive and has to be "force quit" or I get error message (see pic) . This is opening with the blank default project, no plugins of any kind loaded.

Core Audio Line in/out using built in mac sound works.

Am I the only one who has these issues using Core audio, Bitwig 1.11 works flawlessly with this setup ?
1.2b10 engine fail.png
crashed.png
works.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mac Pro
10.12.6 Digi 96 io
Cubase 9, Ableton Live 9.7, Bitwig 1.3

danhandan
KVRer
20 posts since 28 Mar, 2014

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:39 pm

Nice one with the rapid updates :tu:

Still having problems with Aggregate Audio device on Mac OSx Yosemite.

In this version the Aggregate Device does not show up as an option on the Input Settings and is only available in the Outputs section. When Aggregate is selected as an output the input selector becomes greyed out.

This means that I can't aggregate multiple inputs although outputs work fine.

This all works fine in v1.1

volker@bitwig
KVRist

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:40 pm

woodsdenis wrote:1.2b10 when trying to initialise Avid HD Native core audio BW freezes and is unresponsive and has to be "force quit" or I get error message (see pic) . This is opening with the blank default project, no plugins of any kind loaded.

Am I the only one who has these issues using Core audio, Bitwig 1.11 works flawlessly with this setup ?
1.2b10 engine fail.png
crashed.png
works.png
We are currently looking into this, but it takes a bit of time to fix as we eventually need to get the audio hardware first or find another way of reproducing the issue. If anybody else experiences this with other hardware please let us know!

Can you try setting you audio input to "none" and see if it makes a difference?

volker@bitwig
KVRist

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:43 pm

danhandan wrote:Nice one with the rapid updates :tu:

Still having problems with Aggregate Audio device on Mac OSx Yosemite.

In this version the Aggregate Device does not show up as an option on the Input Settings and is only available in the Outputs section. When Aggregate is selected as an output the input selector becomes greyed out.

This means that I can't aggregate multiple inputs although outputs work fine.

This all works fine in v1.1
Aggregate devices can currently only be chosen in the output chooser. The reason why the input chooser become greyed out is that the inputs are also taken from the aggregate in that case.

woodsdenis
KVRAF
1523 posts since 25 Feb, 2005

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:53 pm

volker@bitwig wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:1.2b10 when trying to initialise Avid HD Native core audio BW freezes and is unresponsive and has to be "force quit" or I get error message (see pic) . This is opening with the blank default project, no plugins of any kind loaded.

1.2b10 engine fail.png
crashed.png
works.png
We are currently looking into this, but it takes a bit of time to fix as we eventually need to get the audio hardware first or find another way of reproducing the issue. If anybody else experiences this with other hardware please let us know!

Setting audio input to none makes no difference.
Mac Pro
10.12.6 Digi 96 io
Cubase 9, Ableton Live 9.7, Bitwig 1.3

paulbreeze
KVRian
1089 posts since 6 Jul, 2009

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:59 pm

This one opens projects created with 1.2b8 fine. (1.2b9 crashed). Thanks.

shonoob
KVRian
538 posts since 8 Jul, 2015 from Canada

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:14 pm

how come samplers attack cant go to 0.0 second m8s

Bobby L'Avenir
KVRist
344 posts since 2 Jun, 2015

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:38 pm

volker@bitwig wrote:

1.2b10 engine fail.png
crashed.png
works.png

This version deletes all inputs and outputs set up again, beta 8 didn't, please fix this for ALL future updates :(

WXLF
KVRian
793 posts since 2 Nov, 2014

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:02 pm

shonoob wrote:how come samplers attack cant go to 0.0 second m8s
It's not in seconds it is in milliseconds...
If you look on most hardware synthesizers the minimum will say 1 millisecond too.

EDIT: from moog minitaur specs...

•VCA EG Attack – Sets the attack Time of a Minimoog-Style ADSR Envelope Generator used to modulate the VCA. Time ranges from 1 msec to 30 seconds.

•VCF EG Attack – Sets the attack Time of a Minimoog-Style ADSR Envelope Generator used to modulate the VCF. Time ranges from 1 msec to 30 seconds.
Last edited by WXLF on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yoshi303
Banned
576 posts since 3 Jul, 2010

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:05 pm

paulbreeze wrote:This one opens projects created with 1.2b8 fine. (1.2b9 crashed). Thanks.
(my useless post/answer...)

had same issues here but not had time to work on beta9... this evening it asked me to DL b9.. i just opened/tried 2 things : open template/recreate template... and it was crashy very unstable beta... i hope they will not fire the new stagiaire if there is one more lol... (was not thinked they'll work b10 as good in right time !!)

all 1.1.x (except maybe 1.1.9b ?) were alxways stable for me (except this 1.2b9 so also),

but i not test BWS in a "professional" way, i mean it's only home studio here.

not tested live dj'ing, live giving... but for live-creating i tested in the past (at home) with live ableton 8 lol that was funny.... at 165 BPM :borg: started from a kick and thats all. :))))) i took almost 5 minutes to put a new sound (headphoned or not) when on bitwig i can do same in less than seconds ;)

try to live-create when recording, it c&an be funny too lol and probly better :D :D :D

voilà that was the joke... :party:
night life...
sry but i can't talk alone.

Return to “Bitwig”