Support for Novation Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cool, thanks a lot Moss!!

A few things regarding the 3.1. release:
- Could the aftertouch work in drum mode also? (This way we could build a note repeater with aftertouch/velocity & arp..and more)
- Drum 64 mode is not available or do you mean you removed it?
- "Cursor up/down in device note moves to the next / previous device" I would change the order of these since in Bitwig up/down arrows are used for pre/next device page + add on-screen notifications as in the latest APCMini script.

What is your opinion and interest about adapting the basic features from the Ableton Script (for Lauchpad Pro) I mentioned earlier? For the current worklow two features would be crucial imo:
- Select Clip (without launching it. for eg with Shift + clip. As for many operations you need to have the clip selected)
- Record button behaviour. (Currently to start/stop recording in a new clip and play with the pads at the same time is..cumbersome. Also "Create an empty clip + overdub" requires you know the exact lenght. Ableton script handles this nicely, I reckon)

Cheers and thanks again!

Moss, thank you, I get it now.

One thing, if you quit bitwig, it does not "release" launchpad pro. Instead it is necessary to restart it if going to another host BEFORE going there.

Win10/x64 here.

incubus wrote:Moss, thank you, I get it now.

One thing, if you quit bitwig, it does not "release" launchpad pro. Instead it is necessary to restart it if going to another host BEFORE going there.

Win10/x64 here.
Please report to Bitwig.

Hey moss,

Awesome extension for Launchpad Pro. Thanks for all the hard work on it!

Got a few questions for you:
1. Is there a way to stop recording of the new clip from note modes?
Use case: I press on an empty clip pad in session mode, go to the note mode (ideally it would jump there automatically)
and when I'm done playing I press the button to stop recording without needing to switch back to session mode.

2. Is there a way to change default clip length from the controller?
Use case: I want to record a drum clip which is 1 bar long and a piano clip which is 4 bars long.
Can't find a way to do that from controller.

3. Is there a way to manipulate clip length after recording it?
Let's say I want to limit current 4 bar clip to play only bars 1 and 2.

I came to Bitwig + Launchpad from Maschine, and inability to at least set the length of each clip from Launchpad really sets me off at the moment.

If some of those things are not possible at the moment, do you think some of them can be added to your script?

squareduck wrote: 1. Is there a way to stop recording of the new clip from note modes?
Use case: I press on an empty clip pad in session mode, go to the note mode (ideally it would jump there automatically)
and when I'm done playing I press the button to stop recording without needing to switch back to session mode.
Press Shift+Record.
squareduck wrote: 2. Is there a way to change default clip length from the controller?
Use case: I want to record a drum clip which is 1 bar long and a piano clip which is 4 bars long.
Can't find a way to do that from controller.
Sorry, this is currently not possible. You have to use the settings.
squareduck wrote: 3. Is there a way to manipulate clip length after recording it?
Let's say I want to limit current 4 bar clip to play only bars 1 and 2.
Yes, from the Note Sequencer (first row) and Drum Sequencer (in the lower right).

Thanks a lot!

Hi Jürgen.

Copy/Past from your YouTube channel.

I've got a problem since your update. My Launchpad pro crash all the time & i don't know why. Maybe i can send you a crash report if you explain me how i can do.
The Bitwig popup says
"Launchpad pro script crashed -1".
Are you aware about that ??"

Bitwig 2 (last version)
Sierra (last version)

Ray-Me wrote:Hi Jürgen.

Copy/Past from your YouTube channel.

I've got a problem since your update. My Launchpad pro crash all the time & i don't know why. Maybe i can send you a crash report if you explain me how i can do.
The Bitwig popup says
"Launchpad pro script crashed -1".
Are you aware about that ??"

Bitwig 2 (last version)
Sierra (last version)
And now please also add the crash report so I can have an idea what's the problem :-)

Where i can find this crash report??
I only have a notification in the upper right of the screen in Bitwig

Ray-Me wrote:Where i can find this crash report??
I only have a notification in the upper right of the screen in Bitwig
It is in the script console. Fastest way to open is:
- Press Ctrl+Enter
- Type "script"
- Select "Show script console"
- In the script console select the script, for which you want to see the log
Also in the "Studio I/O" pane there is a button "Show Control Script Console".

So here is the bug report

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at de.mossgrabers.framework.view.AbstractPlayView.getMidiNoteFromGrid
(AbstractPlayView.java:167)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.command.aftertouch.AftertouchAbstractPlayViewCommand.onPolyAftertouch
(AftertouchAbstractPlayViewCommand.java:56)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.command.aftertouch.AftertouchAbstractPlayViewCommand.onChannelAftertouch
(AftertouchAbstractPlayViewCommand.java:83)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.view.AbstractView.executeAftertouchCommand(AbstractView.java:150)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.AbstractControlSurface.handleMidi
(AbstractControlSurface.java:634)
at yRh.sYA(SourceFile:197)
at QiO.sYA(SourceFile:715)
at QiO.sYA(SourceFile:45)
at TP.sYA(SourceFile:642)
at jiJ.sYA(SourceFile:97)
at TwA.sYA(SourceFile:51)
at VDj.sYA(SourceFile:35)
at Qcn.sYA(SourceFile:916)
at jiJ.VHx(SourceFile:45)
at wZq.sYA(SourceFile:211)
at MpB.sYA(SourceFile:248)
at dHk.run(SourceFile:75)
at MpB.run(SourceFile:113)

Under the dashboard, controllers, settings, there is a command called "new clip length."

What is that for?

Ray-Me wrote:So here is the bug report

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
at
Hmm, I thought I did already fix this. Will need to check.

incubus wrote:Under the dashboard, controllers, settings, there is a command called "new clip length."

What is that for?
It is for setting the preferred length of a new clip which is used by the New function (press Double button).

Just released an update:
# 3.2
* New: In sequencer and drum mode the loop selection buttons represent now one page (not a measure as before). Pressing one of the pads selects the page. To set a "one pad" loop press the pad again.
* New: Press Shift+Scene buttons to set the preferred length for new clips.
* Fixed: Extension could crash if aftertouch was used.

Return to “Controller Scripting”