UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

digitallysane wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:46 pm Did anyone take advantage of the current expansions offer (buy one / get one free)?
It doesn't seem to work, I add two expansions and the total is... two expansions (the site says the discount should be applied automatically).
just tried it: working for me. possibly a brief fault on the back-end or a browser, JavaScript or cookie issue - are you running an adblocker?

I didn't buy anything but I tried it yesterday and it indeed only showed me the price for one after adding two. AudioDeluxe also has the same deal, same price, but they give you $3.XX credit for each.
rsp
sound sculptist

OK, so the "promo" is broken.
I'm trying to buy them using my UVI account (as usual) which is on my studio, based in EU, so orders contain no VAT.
This "no VAT" thing seems to break it.

When I'm logged with my account, the order looks like this:
logged_in.png
When I'm logged out, it does take the discount into consideration:
no_login.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Same here. Promo is not working in my account... I was choosing right expansions more than two hours :) Already created a support ticket, hope they will fix it until promo ends.

UVI support solved it quickly, great service!
Savage and Pulsar added to my growing Falcon expansions collection.

digitallysane wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:52 amSavage and Pulsar added to my growing Falcon expansions collection.
heh, I picked up Savage as well, partly out of curiosity because there was no real reviews of it that I could find, and no video walkthroughs etc. Haven't done a deep dive yet but it sounds suitably aggressive on first listen.

Ended up double-dipping at Audiodeluxe because they were giving $6.34 of credit back for every pair of expansions purchased.

Might try mashing up Savage with Simon's new Singing Bowls expansion later and see what I come up with :party:

I guess that promo ended.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

Hey guys, here's a little preset demo of one of my favourite presets for Alive - UVI Falcon expansion (Still 30% off!) :D

New Loops - Alive - UVI Falcon Expansion - In White Light - Preset Demo

https://youtu.be/HaeWOqp8Y48

Any chance that the performance of Falcon with larger sample libraries will ever get improved?
Former customers are actually leaving:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt8iH5Mg-fk
It's such a wasted opportunity...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:57 pm Any chance that the performance of Falcon with larger sample libraries will ever get improved?
Former customers are actually leaving:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt8iH5Mg-fk
It's such a wasted opportunity...

Cheers,

Tom
yes it would be a good thing if it was but I seem to remember there is some deep aspect of the architecture that makes it unlikely they can

fairlyclose wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:59 pm yes it would be a good thing if it was but I seem to remember there is some deep aspect of the architecture that makes it unlikely they can
So change it.
A sample player that takes ages to load samples is a joke in 2022.
Since hardly anybody but UVI uses Falcon anymore, it's not impossible to change the format/architecture.
I don't buy any UVI libraries because of it and hardly use Falcon at all.
I'd never thought that UVI could be that blind for so long.
When Falcon came out, I thought it would be the next Kontakt.
But that will never happen, instead the former/potential customers all create their own engines.
:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:02 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:59 pm yes it would be a good thing if it was but I seem to remember there is some deep aspect of the architecture that makes it unlikely they can
So change it.
A sample player that takes ages to load samples is a joke in 2022.
Since hardly anybody but UVI uses Falcon anymore, it's not impossible to change the format/architecture.
I don't buy any UVI libraries because of it and hardly use Falcon at all.
I'd never thought that UVI could be that blind for so long.
When Falcon came out, I thought it would be the next Kontakt.
But that will never happen, instead the former/potential customers all create their own engines.
:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:
I sill use it a lot - I find their instruments - like World Inst - very handy in themselves and as sound sources for processing within the engine. Perhaps they found that working with sample library devs wasnt showing a good return. But I certainly think if they can make it quicker then they should because I much prefer Falcon to Kontakt as far as usability and flexibility go. Kontakt seems to me where devs have really dropped the ball, it is not as if Virharmonic went to Kontakt instead of Falcon

fairlyclose wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:18 pm Kontakt seems to me where devs have really dropped the ball, it is not as if Virharmonic went to Kontakt instead of Falcon
Of course not.
Kontakt is so outdated it's not even funny anymore.
But still there are thousands of 3rd party libraries for it and for Falcon there are maybe 5, if that?Virharmonic was the only interesting one I know off.
Kontakt at least loads Samples quickly.

But yeah, I know I'm barking up a dead tree, somehow UVI isn't going anywhere, but seems content with no longer being a platform for anything but it's own stuff.

And all larger sample providers create their own tools now.

Well, whatever... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sorry for the noise.
Over and out.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:02 pm When Falcon came out, I thought it would be the next Kontakt.
I don't think it's correct to think that way, at least by presence synth engines in falcon. And it seems normal that a product limited only to working with samples will load them faster. The idea to bring sampler part of Falcon closer to Kontakt (in the performance sense as well) perhaps would be an unbalanced thing.
Although I would also like to get more depth in the options for oscillators (as well in modulations), but remembering that this is also a sampler (moreover, not the most primitive), I admit that there are certain limits to resources.

c_voltage wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:11 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:02 pm When Falcon came out, I thought it would be the next Kontakt.
I don't think it's correct to think that way, at least by presence synth engines in falcon. And it seems normal that a product limited only to working with samples will load them faster. The idea to bring sampler part of Falcon closer to Kontakt (in the performance sense as well) perhaps would be an unbalanced thing.
Although I would also like to get more depth in the options for oscillators (as well in modulations), but remembering that this is also a sampler (moreover, not the most primitive), I admit that there are certain limits to resources.
There is a lot of overlap, but Falcons many OCS' and sampler modes cover a lot more than Kontakt. Although CPU heavy, the granular modes are good.

Return to “Instruments”