v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

I assumed that you were on OS X, sorry for the misunderstanding.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila
A problem i notice mostly is that when choose a chord in preview the chord generator transpose it and it sound diffrent to chord preview. there is no transpose info or so. When i move the chord generator phrase so it sound identical with chord preview on GM and then choose chord Bb then Bb (is a# i know) it sound diffrent when i click on chord phrase. Is it not possible that RC can change the chords in a track with chord generator that it sound identical to chord preview ?. its not octace diffrence. i can do a video if you wish, that show it.

I have modify the next value so better sounding chords get higher rate. i also add as comment the I translation so see more easy that G is V for example

#Chord Progression Rules
#c = I:d = II : e = III : F = IV G: = V : A = VI : B = VII
#Default Dorian Scale Rules
this="start"; next="Im","IIm","IV","Vm"; nextw=100,10,80,50;
this="end"; next="Vm","IV","VII"; nextw=100,100,40;
this="Im"; next="III","IV","Vm","bVI","VIm","VII"; nextw=100,100,90,30,100,80;
this="IIm"; next="Vm","VII"; nextw=100,80;
this="III"; next="Im","IV","VIm"; nextw=80,40,100;
this="IV"; next="Vm","IIm","VII","Im"; nextw=100,50,30,100;
this="Vm"; next="Im","IV","VIm"; nextw=90,100,80;
this="bVI"; next="IIm","Vm"; nextw=80,100;
this="VIm"; next="IIm","Vm"; nextw=100,40;
this="VII"; next="Im","Vm"; nextw=100,40;
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Hi magicmusic,

very nice, thank you, I updated my copy of the rules.

For chord preview you need to enable "Play Root Position" if you don't want the chords to be transposed.
Maybe this is the problem? If I misunderstood you, please send me a video.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila

thanks for info. when i enable play Root Position phrase and chord preview sound same. But sound not so good as when Play Root Position is disable. I am only happy with the sound in chord preview when "play Root Position is disable", but i often need transpose phrases. How can i switch the chord generator that it sound same as chord preview do, when "play root Position is disable" ?

I see! The chord preview does not do voice leading. This would not be difficult to implement.
When not playing the chords in root position, all notes that are higher than G4 (MIDI note 67) are transposed down by an octave. A proper voice leading will be done shortly.

Thanks!
Attila

Hi Attila

I mean the chord preview sound good. but the chord generator sound not good. In chord generator there can not see if transpose as in other generators. but i make sure i set transpose to 0 and i send you a video soon

Hi Attila

i press often space key and RC do not play, because i click before in a browser window. Is it easy possible to change that space key start play when browser window is active ? in browser windows space do nothing

with the instrument browser can not save own VSTi presets. I get the idea, and hope it can easy add, that in track browser for template tracks, that there is a switch in the browser possible and when it is enable, it replace only the instrument in the track. or you can use the track template code that load only sounds in instrument browser and it can add a menu for save instrument, so can save VSTi instruments to instrument browser.

If I use a manual keyswitch it's fine but the Articulation set switch sticks on.
How do you get the kontakt vst window in RC to stay on top ?
Miscellaneous > RapidComposer VST > Make Window Always On Top, this makes the standalone always on top also.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7njmg8jsx8ez5 ... k.mp4?dl=0 < Right click open in new tab.

I use windows and when click on a RC standalone window the VSTI window go always to background. I have this option enable and browser windows on Top. better is when can switch that the vsti windows can stay always in foreground. other DAW allow this option too

I was just trying Melodo out, it has a help similar to what I suggested.
It is only a basic tutorial with left/right click forward/back.
If you could have something like that, or some way users can create tutorials like this with RC that can be added to RC Help ?
Like some kind of step recorder with text boxes ?

Good idea, crossovercable! I wanted to do a similar tutorial.

RapidComposer Beta v3.3b6 is available

Long time no beta version! Here is the latest version with "circle of fifths" chart. I hope it will satisfy all needs. Please let me know if you need improvements to it.

Changes:
  • "Circle Of Fifths" can be displayed when clicking on a chord on the master track
  • "Chords On Scale" in Quick Suggestions pop-up
  • "Chord Builder" in Quick Suggestions pop-up
  • It is possible to configure what to display in the Quick Suggestions pop-up
  • New variation: "Make Monophonic" that removes polyphonic notes and shortens notes to avoid overlapping
  • [OS X] Fixed bug when the application bundle name was incorrect which resulted that the VST plug-in started the wrong application binary
  • [OS X] The RC VST plug-in starts the RapidComposer application in VST mode, instead of the app switching to VST mode later
  • [VST] information displayed when using the VST in Reaper so that in order to make Local Sequencer work you must turn off "Close audio device when stopped and application is inactive" in Reaper
  • "Allow Notes To Overlap" option is removed from "Adjust Note Lengths v2". Notes are always checked for overlapping during rendering.
  • Fixed: running the VST version reset the preview instruments in the standalone version
  • Fixed a MIDI export bug when channel pressure was used in a track
  • Fixed MIDI import bug when every second imported track was added to the composition
  • Other improvements under the hood...

Attila, I started from the terminal and saved the result as text.
Perhaps this will help ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

problem report for RC / quit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Now often there is a crash with a crash report ...
I wonder why Chord builder does not have a chord 13 chords?

Return to “MusicDevelopments”