v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hi Gotacki,

thanks for the clarification.
Gotacki wrote:- I still have the Rythm 'Drag and drop' freeze RC when option 'Open browsers in separate windows' is choosed but only when the rythm separate window is outside the RC windows (when it's inside the RC windows, it works perfectly)
Then it depends on which application (or windows desktop?) you are dragging the rhythm over, that is which program handles the drag messages before it reaches the RC window.
Gotacki wrote: Right click and rename line 3 'line 1' and press <enter> -> freeze (at last on my computer :) )
I tried this and I got the same message as with Line 2 :) Crazy.
Gotacki wrote:- About the double 'expression' sliders : I think I have understand ! The first one is a variation slider and the second one is the Track midi controller, I must have got confused.
I see, sorry about the confusion. From the next update the MIDI sliders will be displayed as green.

Thank you,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi and thanks for your so quick answers :) !

Well, I don't know then, there must be a devil in my two computers :neutral: (arf, it's the mystery of windows, maybe).

On another matter, I am discovering the wonderful world of midi variations ! Amazing, simply amazing !
(I will continue to discover RC for a few weeks. This program is awesome ! I will maybe report my feelings on the workflow (if any feature wanted ?), but I prefer to learn it a bit more, not to waste your time.)

Thanks again a lot !
Best regards, :)
Gotacki
Gotacki

Hi Gotacki,

thanks for all the feedback, which I am grateful for!
I suspect you are using the beta version, if not, you should definitely check it out. It has important workflow improvements when working with chords. I'll send you the download links, if you wish.

Best regards,
Attila

RapidComposer Beta v3.3b9 is available!

This update implements a few requests that arrived in e-mail or on this forum.
  • 'Split Notes On Grid' and 'Split Notes On Playback Position' added to Phrase Editor
  • VSTi plug-in editors forward keystrokes to RapidComposer
  • Chord preview works in Chord Builder
  • Option to invert the piano roll vertical scroll direction in Settings
  • Fixed minor issues when editing percussion notes: when creating or moving notes they become absolute notes
  • Fixed regression: Esc key stopped working as a Panic button in previous beta
  • Small reorganization on the Settings / Preview page
  • (from v3.23) Fix crashing issue when scanning for VST plug-ins
  • (from v3.23) Pressing the preview buttons multiple times should not start the preview for each click
  • (from v3.23) Fix velocity problems when editing/moving notes in the Phrase Editor during playback

Hello Attila!
Thank you very much for the preview in the chord builder!
It seems to me that we are waiting for some great update ...)))

Hello lulukom,

thank you for the positive feedback! :) I am redesigning the chord palette, which will be more flexible and usable. As a result the Progression Editor tab will disappear. And then v3.3 can be released...

Thanks,
Attila

Thank you, Attila!
I really like the direction in which the program is developing!

VSTi plug-in editors forward keystrokes to RapidComposer
sorry to tell all, be careful with the b9.cubase work btw same. when press backspace and the plugin do no action on backspace, it can delete phrases in RC editor. i think such keys as delete or backspace , copy paste keys, undo redo keys should ignore, when they are send from plugin. maybe the best to have best compatibility, only check if plugin send space key or shift space, control space alt space. all other should handled as before.

MUX handle delete key, so RC delete no phrase . press backspace in MUX do nothing, so MUX forward it and RC delete active phrase.

in sample tank 3 when press backspace or delete it delete too a phrase in RC or in cubase 8 le
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

[sorry due to a bug in the forum I double posted instead of editing my post]
Last edited by MarcN58T on Wed May 31, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think I found some new bugs in RC for Mac, which wasn't fixed in the newest beta 9.

Sometimes I cannot reorder the song parts in the structure dialog box, it might lead to a crash.

I cannot rename the parts, instead, the rename box appears permanently even after I press enter and moved the "Master Track" dialog box. The part is never renamed, instead, the rename box never disappears.

MarcN58T wrote:The part is never renamed, instead, the rename box never disappears.
I have also seen this, I'll check it ASAP.
Thanks,
Attila

magicmusic wrote: in sample tank 3 when press backspace or delete it delete too a phrase in RC or in cubase 8 le
Hi magicmusic,

thank you for your help, I suspected this may be a 'dangerous' change. Probably a setting will be required for which keys to forward to RapidComposer...

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:You can copy the program and associated data to a pendrive if you wish.
You need to copy the Data folder (RapidComposerV3) from your Documents folder to the program folder.
E.g. if you want to use D:\RC as the program folder you need to have
D:\RC\RapidComposer_x64.exe
D:\RC\RapidComposerV3\Settings
D:\RC\RapidComposerV3\DB
D:\RC\RapidComposerV3\Soundfonts
D:\RC\RapidComposerV3\CustomPhrases
etc.

The program checks if there is "RapidComposerV3" in the program folder, and it will use that. Otherwise it looks in your Documents folder.
Does the portable installation feature still work with the latest betas?

I just updated RC on my pendrive, and when I run RC from the pendrive, it insists on looking in the documents folder. If I rename the Documents\RapidComposerV3 folder to something else and restart RC, I see the following modal dialog boxes appear one after another:

I also noticed that while the popup dialogs were displayed waiting to be acknowledged with a button click, I could not click anything in the Windows taskbar (the taskbar would not respond to the button clicks).
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Hi Tony,

you are right, portable use was broken in the latest beta because of code refactoring. I fixed that quickly and re-uploaded the windows version. Thanks for letting me know...

Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:Hi Tony,

you are right, portable use was broken in the latest beta because of code refactoring. I fixed that quickly and re-uploaded the windows version. Thanks for letting me know...

Attila
Thanks Attila.

I downloaded and re-installed the beta build9 to my USB pendrive. Is it possible to update the Window installer to make portable installations/upgrades more effective? For example, present the option of where to install the RapidComposerV3 folder. Right now it defaults to \users\me\Documents\RapidComposerV3, and I would rather it be written to the folder location that is suitable for my portable installation.

By the way, the first couple of times I changed the location of the custom phrases folder, RC did crash while loading up the custom phrases in the background:

:?: How can I get RC to use short relative path names for the folder locations?

Right now, I have a location for the custom phrases that looks like this:
\apps\music\RapidComposer V3 (x64)\RapidComposerV3\CustomPhrases

I was hoping to be able to set the folder location relative to some other folder such as the installation folder. For example, something like this:
.\RapidComposer V3 (x64)\RapidComposerV3\CustomPhrases
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “MusicDevelopments”