v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

As a separate observation, having Browser tabs at the top of the docking area and Inspector tabs at the bottom of the docking area strikes me as very inconsistent GUI-wise and a complication to understanding and navigation.

I would suggest all tabs be at the top, and if desired to distinguish between Browsers and Inspectors (why?) then use color or some other graphic or arrangement aspect to make the distinction.

Perhaps more to to the point from the understanding/learning POV - if a Browser is what you find in the (showable or dismissable) docking area, and an Inspector is what you get when you right-click or keyboard shortcut on an object, then that (to me, and in general IMO) is a perfect distinction between them!

I have already read a lot of letters on this topic and of course only from my side I want to give one example in conclusion ... In my DAW (DP10) 100 years ago it was solved) In the program settings for this there is one (only one) checkbox that allows choose how the browsers will look. Or floating or embedded in the main window. Thanks for your attention !)

Yes, DP is fairly sophisticated in that respect.

DP Window Sets 01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This is just a general overview of the structure browser. How to navigate, etc. The gotcha stuff only involves chord generation using rules. I also mention a problem when creating a new composition near the end of the video..

edit : corrected video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG73F9i1wDU
Last edited by BluGenes on Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Good info BluGenes. Thanks!

yea, gonna re-do it though.. I totally left out the drag and drop arrangement ability.. (and the mis-spelled word in the title.. lol)

Thank . It is appreciated when making tutorials!

BluGenes, please let us know here when the revised video is released, thanks.

will do.. you should get a notification from YouTube if you are subscribed.. I'll add this one to the playlist as well (the new revised one).. I won't post it here, but, in the tips and tricks area as well..

New Video is up in Tips and Tricks area..

viewtopic.php?p=7848708#p7848708

LOl it is what it is, but, figured out something new to me, and probably has been there a while.. it is related to the structure browser, well at least it is structure related.. Will do an update supplement video soon..

Ok, here is the link.. can't believe I missed this for so long.. lol.. even I learn something new...

edit: title had a typo.. new video

viewtopic.php?p=7848994#p7848994

BluGenes wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:17 pm Ok, here is the link..
Thanks for the vids, if you want to get all the audio levels of the voice over, application, music etc.. the same you can use the free Active Presenter it will record screen capture as well as different audio sources that you can adjust before render to mp4, you can also add audio or video clips.

Hey, thanks for the tip.. The whole process is actually quite complicated because I use ASIO. To get the audio from the mic and RC, I route from the Apollo to the Apollo mixer, then the ASIO is sent to Voicemeeter, then it is routed to Reaper. In Reaper I get the audio from RC on channels 3 and 4 from RC and the voice channel is routed into the RC channel for a compressor/gate to duck RC. I use OBS Studio for screen capture, which also captures just the mic. I then can use the audio track from the video to sync to the Reaper mix, which is done in Corel Video Studio. (Voicemeeter is the only way to mix Windows audio and ASIO audio..)

The early videos that I did for RC were more or less a hit and miss. This new setup seems to work best for me. The biggest issue is making sure the mic is close enough, and keeping the A/C off while I record.. I try and watch them before I upload, but, if I get pressed for time, I may miss something..

hey all.. based on feed back, I tweaked audio and video and want to make sure it is suitable.. so, I did a audio test video and any feed back on that is more than welcome..

viewtopic.php?p=7849903#p7849903

Return to “MusicDevelopments”