Soundtrack for a drama

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRist
240 posts since 9 Dec, 2013

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:00 pm

Good evening!

My first successful soundtrack has been used for our theatre play. My friends liked it but I would also like to hear feedbacks from You, the musicians. :)

(Genre of play: tragicomedy)

http://soundcloud.com/brain-claim/brain ... -your-eyes

KVRist
76 posts since 30 Jun, 2013 from Boston, MA

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:45 pm

Sounds perfect for a play soundtrack. Not thematic enough to distract from the action, but has enough character to create a slightly ominous mood.

KVRian
654 posts since 25 Sep, 2010

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:29 pm

Suggestion: try lowering the MIDI velocities on the piano, at least during the intro. It'll sound more natural. Just give it a try - most sampled instruments do better in the middle of their velocity range rather than staying too long at the upper end.

KVRist

Topic Starter

240 posts since 9 Dec, 2013

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:11 am

bbaggins wrote:Suggestion: try lowering the MIDI velocities on the piano, at least during the intro. It'll sound more natural. Just give it a try - most sampled instruments do better in the middle of their velocity range rather than staying too long at the upper end.
Thanks so much for the recommendation. I did not even realize that myself.
erikgyle wrote:Sounds perfect for a play soundtrack. Not thematic enough to distract from the action, but has enough character to create a slightly ominous mood.
Thanks for the feedback! Well, it wasn't supposed to distract from the action, I am not that experienced soundtracker yet :D

Return to “Music Cafe”