Dream Reactor [melodic psytrance]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Second try :wink:

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/dream-reaktor

145 bm full-on psy with some "normal trance" elements.
Last edited by recursive one on Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

IT's good, it's driving, doesn't have that screechy top end I hear in a lot of the more recent trance.

Love the bit at 3:27, very plucky and bubbly

And at 3:52 when the main bit comes back in. Lots of ear candy :D

I loved it!! Sounds great on my headphones.

Thanks for the listening, guys! :)
Codestation wrote: doesn't have that screechy top end I hear in a lot of the more recent trance.
I'm not a big fan of noisy "modern" EDM sound either so I try to avoid too bright top end.

Superb fella.

Sadly I did get told to turn it off and put some carols on instead. Bollox.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Thanks! :)

Not all carols are bollox, btw, this one is quite good :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyl75ZW_BsA

I did some small changes to the mix, the link in the OP is updated.

Excellent! It held my interest all the way through which is unusual for trance. The mix is perfect. :tu:

Really great sounds and progression ! I loved it =)
My debut album pretty in ping is out, download it here: https://edgenet.bandcamp.com/ Thx! :)

Thank you, guys, glad that you like it!

Good to know that the mix sounds OK, now I can finally stop doing these obsessive-compulsive tweaks ;)

Great stuff

Usually when I see the word trance (in any form) in a music cafe post it's usually met with a sigh of despair on my part as the poster thinks that trance sounds like the techno demo in a 90s workstation synth.

But no!!

This was good. Good.

If I HAD to criticise it I would say that the acid line and lead line that come in later are a tiny bit too loud in the centre (probably because that's where the bass sits). Getting them a little bit out towards the stereo field might help them sit in the mix a little. Although not doing this doesn't really hurt the track.

Thanks, mate! :)

The middle part of the song with these acid lines and all the other things was especially tricky to mix, I tried panning them but was not very happy with the results. But actually I'm just tired of this song like hell so I'm no more sure that I properly hear it.

Great combination of psy and some "softer", more trad. trance elements. If that was an experiment to test the validity of the combo, I would call it a success. I really enjoyed the climax, if ya' know what I mean. I thought the mix was very successful, given the complexity of the arrangement. Listened on Rokit 5s. I loved the low-end. Might listen on the 990s later.

Good work :)

I liked the sh*t out of it. The "ear candy overture" in the middle was tremendous.

Thanks, guys! I'm really glad that you like it :)
seismic1 wrote:Great combination of psy and some "softer", more trad. trance elements. If that was an experiment to test the validity of the combo, I would call it a success.
Not that I'm first to do this kind of things, the validity of such a combo has been successfully tested long before me. But this is what triggers me the most - the power and the weirdness of psy combined with the euphopric "retro-futuristic" mood of classic trance tunes.

Reuploaded the mix again with some final tweaks

Sounds great on the cans too :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”