Fragile Gods - "All Systems Burn"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRAF
5699 posts since 18 Jul, 2008 from New York

Post Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:24 pm

Now that I'm on vacation, I finally had a chance to finish this aggressive but varied song.

https://soundcloud.com/fragilegods/allsystemsburn

I used my old favorites - Monark, Rayblayster, Electra2, Diva, Helix, M-Tron Pro, Drumatic4 and some new toys - Chromaphone, Melda MAutoDynamicEq and MMultiBandPhaser.

Any feedback is appreciated.

This track is available on my debut EP: https://fragilegods.bandcamp.com
Last edited by Frantz on Sun May 29, 2016 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

KVRAF
1521 posts since 19 Mar, 2008 from germany

Post Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:51 am

The start is pretty industrial. When the vocals come in it
sounds brilliant & good. The mid part appears to be a
little disrupted and lacerated. The listener may ask:
Where's the hook? What's the melody? Perhaps I just
had to listen to it a few more times.

The last part finally focuses on the main melody,
the "all systems burn" vocal-part stays in the ears.

Overall: Good work, but still with potential of
improvement. :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

KVRAF
10286 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Post Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:18 pm

I've listened to this 3 times over the last couple of days. As is usual with FG tracks, the songs improve with repeated listening. I'll listen again tomorrow. One thing I noticed is that the vocals seem to be more confident and accomplished.

Good work :)

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:01 pm

enroe wrote:The start is pretty industrial. When the vocals come in it
sounds brilliant & good. The mid part appears to be a
little disrupted and lacerated. The listener may ask:
Where's the hook? What's the melody? Perhaps I just
had to listen to it a few more times.

The last part finally focuses on the main melody,
the "all systems burn" vocal-part stays in the ears.
Thanks enroe for the detailed feedback. I did this song as a change of pace from my previous track which could be described as synthpop. I wanted this to be more industrial and aggressive so it was intended to be less melodic than a "normal" song. I think the whole thing makes sense after a few listens but I'm glad you at least liked some of it. :)

KVRAF
1785 posts since 9 Apr, 2011

Post Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:26 pm

I was actually into the weird structure. It made the aggression more unsettling. I think, going that route, some of the sections sounded a little disjointed. Working on making the transitions between parts a little more organic might help the different sections hang together.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:24 pm

seismic1 wrote:I've listened to this 3 times over the last couple of days. As is usual with FG tracks, the songs improve with repeated listening. I'll listen again tomorrow. One thing I noticed is that the vocals seem to be more confident and accomplished.
Thanks for the listens and early feedback. I am now trying to give equal attention to the vocals and synths instead of spending forever on the synths and then rushing through the vocals. With additional attention to detail, my crazy Dalek shouting now sounds better than ever. :nutter:

KVRist
233 posts since 25 Nov, 2013

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:32 pm

Loved the first 50sec, Bowie meets Numan.
Great stuff. :)

KVRAF
7679 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:13 pm

i got a great Peter Murphy vibe off of it. Great bass and mix. i enjoyed it thoroughly... i even found myself singing it to my cat a few times "all systems purr" :3
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

KVRist
209 posts since 13 Dec, 2011

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:56 pm

Very good. Excellent perhaps. Hints of Kraftwerk in my ears but that is no sin. Nice contrast between the start which is so calm and the rest of the song which is done in faster tempo.

KVRAF
6804 posts since 13 Nov, 2012

Post Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:37 pm

Wow, I can relate to this one.
I used to live in an old building from the 1800s.
Some said it was haunted...

No big deal right, old building...
Well, I had the entire several story structure as a living space and recording studio (just me and the ghosts).

It was old, the wires in the walls, the ghosts, the echo of the train that passed every night.

Full of old ideas, thoughts and dreams, wandering threw in the night with only the moon light glaring in dusty windows.

Your song reminds me of that.

KVRAF
2091 posts since 22 Jan, 2011 from near Los Angeles

Post Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:36 pm

Frantz,
Thank you for the review! Now your tune: I'm trying to figure out who this reminds me of (Skinny Puppy?, Tangerine Dream? ByGod20? All three and more, probably). Some parts sound kind of synth pop, and other parts sound more industrial. Audio quality is always good. Vocals are a bit pitchy at times, though that's not unusual for industrial. Otherwise the vocals are fine. I dig all of the synths. The bass synths are probably my favorite part of the song. Nice tune.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:02 am

nineofkings wrote:I was actually into the weird structure. It made the aggression more unsettling. I think, going that route, some of the sections sounded a little disjointed. Working on making the transitions between parts a little more organic might help the different sections hang together.
I know what you mean but the abrupt transitions between sections are intentional. I wanted there to be some elements of surprise throughout to keep the listener a little off balance. Thanks for listening. :)

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:25 pm

kloon wrote:Loved the first 50sec, Bowie meets Numan.
Great stuff. :)
Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for listening. :D

KVRAF
2672 posts since 28 Aug, 2012 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:43 pm

Enjoyed this Frantz, as someone said the first reference for me was Bowie (you should check out his new album).

Plenty happening and a great urgency to it!

Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:24 pm

layzer wrote:i got a great Peter Murphy vibe off of it. Great bass and mix. i enjoyed it thoroughly... i even found myself singing it to my cat a few times "all systems purr" :3
Glad you liked the song and the mix. My three "purring systems" seemed to like it as well. :D

Return to “Music Cafe”