Boxing Day Trance [Uplifting, driving, 135 bpm]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Coxy
KVRian
676 posts since 31 Aug, 2004 from England !

Post Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:43 am

Hi guys

What's your thoughts on this?

Uplifting trance,
Quite driving
135 beats per minute.

https://soundcloud.com/coxys/the-light- ... ce/s-IvJrC

Just needs a master for limit & loudness now.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas.

recursive one
KVRAF
3850 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Re: Boxing Day Trance [Uplifting, driving, 135 bpm]

Post Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:35 am

Coxy wrote: Quite driving
It surely is! The low end is very lovely and the mixing is perfect (but isn't the kick too loud?). Overall, good melodic progression and nice sounds. What synths did you use?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Coxy
KVRian
676 posts since 31 Aug, 2004 from England !

Post Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:08 pm

recursive one wrote:
Coxy wrote: Quite driving
It surely is! The low end is very lovely and the mixing is perfect (but isn't the kick too loud?). Overall, good melodic progression and nice sounds. What synths did you use?

Hi Recursive

Thanks very much, I'd kinda given up on a reply from anyone and I try not to bump my own music posts too much :lol: so appreciate your listen and comments.

I've since had a few re-listens on fresh fresh ears and raised the overall low end slightly it just helped with the weight and drive of the track but have not re-uploaded yet!

Synths were

Bassline 1 - Magix Revolta (Inbuilt daw synth)
Bassline 2 (sub) FXPansion Strobe
Basslin 3 (saw//rasp style) Spire
Bassline 4 (rounded one for filler) Spire

Buildup synths were 2x Spire, Strobe for some minor backing blips and Spire for some minor backing pad sound

Breakdown synths were 1x Massive, 1x Spire and 1x Serum

Main melody was a combo of 1x Spire and 1x NI Massive.

To be honest I could of done the whole thing without Massive but had a use it or lose it kinda mentality as I bought it second hand on market place and have not really used it in a full track.

recursive one
KVRAF
3850 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:21 am

Thanks for breaking down your synths, 4 layers for bassline - that's insane! :o but you managed to mix them very well. :tu:

Also good synth choice :) Don't underestimate Massive, it's very good for trance and related genres as you go past the factory presets, I for one like it much more than Serum.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

chk071
KVRAF
19334 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:55 am

Nice tune mate. Not much to add to what recursive already wrote. Maybe it could feel a bit more "glued together" in some parts, especially when there's few sounds going on, but that's just very minor niggles really. Good stuff. :tu: Especially like the mix, sounds very clear and brilliant.

Return to “Music Cafe”