Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
SLiC
KVRAF
 
2481 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales

Postby SLiC; Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:04 am Whatever happend to Panarama Nektar support?

The new update to allow control of VST's like Cubase, Logic etc seems to have been promised for a very long time but nothing new since 2014/11/17 (its 2016 now!)- I thought Biting and Nektar were buddies with all that 8 track stuff- how about some enhanced BWS integration guys :tu:
Current Gear: i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, System 1m, Korg ARP, P6, Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, MPC Live, OP-1, Mother 32, Dominion Club, Roland TD8 and HPD-20, Guitars, Basses and Amps
anp27
KVRist
 
403 posts since 9 Feb, 2012

Postby anp27; Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:35 am Re: Whatever happend to Panarama Nektar support?

SLiC wrote:The new update to allow control of VST's like Cubase, Logic etc seems to have been promised for a very long time but nothing new since 2014/11/17 (its 2016 now!)- I thought Biting and Nektar were buddies with all that 8 track stuff- how about some enhanced BWS integration guys :tu:


They kinda fell of the face of the earth, didn't they.... I know that a lot of the Logic guys are repeatedly asking the same question... strange.. :scared:
Bathrobe
KVRist
 
316 posts since 10 Oct, 2011

Postby Bathrobe; Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:05 am Re: Whatever happend to Panarama Nektar support?

I wonder if it has got something to do with the glossy surface of the Nektars.
Maybe they would have sold a lot more units if it were not for the shiny, reflective surface.
I know i would have bought one.
User avatar
powermat
KVRian
 
917 posts since 20 Sep, 2013

Postby powermat; Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:50 am Re: Whatever happend to Panarama Nektar support?

Windows 10, BWS 1.3.6 RC1, Nektar Panorama P6

Anyone getting a nektar window popping up? It's full screen, completely grey, void of any text or user interface at all and won't let anything appear on top of it.

The only reason that I know it's a Nektar window is by performing the steps below:

When the full screen grey window monster rears it's head, do this:

NOTE: You will not see what you are typing while performing the steps below, so type carefully!

1) Hold the alt key, press tab repeatedly until Bitwig is highlighted and let go of alt.

2) Bitwig will not be shown (it's behind the full screen grey window monster), but pressing the spacebar will stop the music and you can Ctrl+S to save. If this is a new file, type some letters and press enter and it will save under the new name.

3) Press the Windows button + R. You won't see it but this will open a "run" command window. Type CMD then press enter.

4) You won't see it, but this opens a command prompt. Type the line below, exactly, and then press enter:

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

5) Now, you should be able to see the command prompt window, but you won't have a Start button. Type this in command prompt:

explorer

6) Press Enter. Boom, everything is back and in somewhat working order.
bludreamsounds
KVRist
 
174 posts since 10 Dec, 2012

Postby bludreamsounds; Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:57 am Re: Whatever happend to Panarama Nektar support?

I bought one lol! They actually look good but more importantly I got a p6 because of the work I know Tim Chandler and the rest of the team have done to integrate these tools to a DAW. It's kind of a pain staking process from what I understand and I have been wanting super-integrated functionality with bitwig for a while but nothing. Here's to a better 2016!
proverbs
KVRer
 
15 posts since 22 Dec, 2015

Postby proverbs; Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:03 am Re: Whatever happend to Panarama Nektar support?

Bathrobe wrote:I wonder if it has got something to do with the glossy surface of the Nektars.
Maybe they would have sold a lot more units if it were not for the shiny, reflective surface.
I know i would have bought one.


I have a P1 and the glossy surface is a questionable decision, but the aesthetics aren't high on my priority list.
What is pretty poor are the feel of the encoders and faders.

Presently, there still isn't any documentation on the step sequencer portion of the device, which is a bummer, but I knew there wasn't going in. The transport controls and patch editing tools make it worth the discounted price I paid for it.
bludreamsounds
KVRist
 
174 posts since 10 Dec, 2012

Postby bludreamsounds; Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:16 am Re: Whatever happend to Panarama Nektar support?

the sequencer is really easy to use. I can't recall if I just fiddled with it or what youtube video shows it but dig alittle more and you'll figure it out Im sure. It's an interesting feature too, kind of like a classic step sequencer.
SLiC
KVRAF
 
2481 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales

Postby SLiC; Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:03 am Re: Whatever happend to Panarama Nektar support?

I know one of the guys from Nektar has popped up on this forum before, lets hope for some feedback
Current Gear: i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, System 1m, Korg ARP, P6, Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, MPC Live, OP-1, Mother 32, Dominion Club, Roland TD8 and HPD-20, Guitars, Basses and Amps
User avatar
powermat
KVRian
 
917 posts since 20 Sep, 2013

Postby powermat; Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:01 am Re: Whatever happend to Panarama Nektar support?

I love my Panorama... but I'd like to love it more.
bleepbot
KVRer
 
14 posts since 12 Jun, 2015

Postby bleepbot; Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:27 pm Re: Whatever happend to Panarama Nektar support?

powermat wrote:Windows 10, BWS 1.3.6 RC1, Nektar Panorama P6

Anyone getting a nektar window popping up? It's full screen, completely grey, void of any text or user interface at all and won't let anything appear on top of it.

The only reason that I know it's a Nektar window is by performing the steps below:

When the full screen grey window monster rears it's head, do this:

NOTE: You will not see what you are typing while performing the steps below, so type carefully!

1) Hold the alt key, press tab repeatedly until Bitwig is highlighted and let go of alt.

2) Bitwig will not be shown (it's behind the full screen grey window monster), but pressing the spacebar will stop the music and you can Ctrl+S to save. If this is a new file, type some letters and press enter and it will save under the new name.

3) Press the Windows button + R. You won't see it but this will open a "run" command window. Type CMD then press enter.

4) You won't see it, but this opens a command prompt. Type the line below, exactly, and then press enter:

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

5) Now, you should be able to see the command prompt window, but you won't have a Start button. Type this in command prompt:

explorer

6) Press Enter. Boom, everything is back and in somewhat working order.


This seems to happen with a lot of stuff. I don't have any Nektar products, but this bug happens to me very frequently, to the point where I'm almost giving up working on projects in Bitwig. :(
I described it here: viewtopic.php?f=259&t=453209&start=180#p6349337
konsume242
KVRist
 
42 posts since 20 Jun, 2015

Postby konsume242; Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:05 pm Re: Whatever happend to Panarama Nektar support?

powermat wrote:Windows 10, BWS 1.3.6 RC1, Nektar Panorama P6

Anyone getting a nektar window popping up? It's full screen, completely grey, void of any text or user interface at all and won't let anything appear on top of it.

The only reason that I know it's a Nektar window is by performing the steps below:

When the full screen grey window monster rears it's head, do this:

NOTE: You will not see what you are typing while performing the steps below, so type carefully!

1) Hold the alt key, press tab repeatedly until Bitwig is highlighted and let go of alt.

2) Bitwig will not be shown (it's behind the full screen grey window monster), but pressing the spacebar will stop the music and you can Ctrl+S to save. If this is a new file, type some letters and press enter and it will save under the new name.

3) Press the Windows button + R. You won't see it but this will open a "run" command window. Type CMD then press enter.

4) You won't see it, but this opens a command prompt. Type the line below, exactly, and then press enter:

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

5) Now, you should be able to see the command prompt window, but you won't have a Start button. Type this in command prompt:

explorer

6) Press Enter. Boom, everything is back and in somewhat working order.




same thing here but screen is white. :(
User avatar
powermat
KVRian
 
917 posts since 20 Sep, 2013

Postby powermat; Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:17 pm Re: Whatever happend to Panarama Nektar support?

Do you all have the Panorama and this problem?!
Kypresso
KVRist
 
128 posts since 26 Mar, 2014

Postby Kypresso; Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:04 am Re: Whatever happend to Panarama Nektar support?

powermat wrote:Windows 10, BWS 1.3.6 RC1, Nektar Panorama P6

Anyone getting a nektar window popping up? It's full screen, completely grey, void of any text or user interface at all and won't let anything appear on top of it.

The only reason that I know it's a Nektar window is by performing the steps below:

When the full screen grey window monster rears it's head, do this:

NOTE: You will not see what you are typing while performing the steps below, so type carefully!

1) Hold the alt key, press tab repeatedly until Bitwig is highlighted and let go of alt.

2) Bitwig will not be shown (it's behind the full screen grey window monster), but pressing the spacebar will stop the music and you can Ctrl+S to save. If this is a new file, type some letters and press enter and it will save under the new name.

3) Press the Windows button + R. You won't see it but this will open a "run" command window. Type CMD then press enter.

4) You won't see it, but this opens a command prompt. Type the line below, exactly, and then press enter:

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

5) Now, you should be able to see the command prompt window, but you won't have a Start button. Type this in command prompt:

explorer

6) Press Enter. Boom, everything is back and in somewhat working order.


I'm not sure after reading this what makes you assume this is a nektar window?

The task that you are killing, explorer.exe, is the windows shell and nothing to do with nektar.

It sounds like the windows shell itself has crashed, this can leave you with a blank display like you are getting, but i dont have win 10 so i have no idea how it handles that happening.

I would try using "C:\Windows\explorer.exe" to restart the windows shell rather than just "explorer", this should get it back in more than just "somewhat working order" hopefully. This assumes that win 10 has explorer in the same place as win 7.

Hope this helps.
User avatar
powermat
KVRian
 
917 posts since 20 Sep, 2013

Postby powermat; Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:09 am Re: Whatever happend to Panarama Nektar support?

the first window I'm able to close after restarting Explorer.exe ... is the full scren GREY window with the Nektar logo at the top left.
Kypresso
KVRist
 
128 posts since 26 Mar, 2014

Postby Kypresso; Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:34 am Re: Whatever happend to Panarama Nektar support?

powermat wrote: is the full scren GREY window with the Nektar logo at the top left.


Well that explains it now. :)
Next

Moderator: Bitwig Mods

Return to Bitwig