Mastering Compressor Recommendation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neo DynaMaster Vintage Neo MasterTool

33tetragammon wrote:Flux Solera 2.
i'm surprised no one mentioned this fantastic tool. so versatile and amazing sounding!!!
This, 1 processor do expand and compress in 1 go. Wish it can do split band processing like Compassion though (Alchemist is multiband but can't use full band as sidechain for a single band)

hodshonf wrote:i'm really enjoying u-He Presswerk.
Me too :)

A top-notch compressor that never gets mentioned and is fairly unknown is Bounce compressor from BeatSkillz. I've tried A LOT of compressors and apart from Algorithmix LP SplitCOMP (wich is not a real option since LP SplitCOMP cost around $1500) I found Bounce to be the most transparent, natural and best at retaining body and depth. It had the most well-balanced sound in my book. Try the demo out, I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you love those characteristics. Ultimately you want to try out many of the top ones to see which best fits your needs I'm just asking you compare Bounce as well! Give it a valid chance you might be surprised! Here's a link - http://www.beatskillz.com/bounce/

PS. There is also audio-demo's of Bounce on the BeatSkillz website and Youtube as well.

EDITED
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

SSl X comp and valve one are intresting too

gonna check BeatSkillz stuff thanks, i never heard about these plugins
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Acustica PINK 2412 is replacing the API2500 for me now. Still using Compassion, Essence, Kotelnikov , MJUC and MDynamic EQ as well though depending on the task at hand :)

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

There's quite a few options out there. Some of my favs so far are elysia Alpha Compressor, Vertigo VSC-2, Millenial TCL-2, IK Opto-Compressor, IK Precision C/L

Sometimes I need transparent, sometimes its something more colored. It really depends on what is going on in the mix.

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

Only one: Kotelnikov GE....
Always can make better low end from Acustica Audio stuff.

http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-kotelnikov-ge/

I personally love the Fabfilter Pro-C2 plugin and the Acustica Audio's Aquamarine3 compressor. I used to use the Sonnox compressor heavily but then I just found myself using these two more and more.

Anything by Fabfilter and Acustica Audio is great in my book.

Empirical Labs Arousor. That is all.

:tu:
Chris H.

I just bought the Acustica Pink 2412 & Scarlet Mastering EQ today. Man am I happy. Is the 2412 pretty close to the API 2500 hardware that u own ?
djscorb wrote:Acustica PINK 2412 is replacing the API2500 for me now. Still using Compassion, Essence, Kotelnikov , MJUC and MDynamic EQ as well though depending on the task at hand :)

Cheers

Scorb
Last edited by Pprimo on Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have to admit that Pink 2412 grabs the drums and punches like hell. Can't believe it to tell u the truth. best ITB compressor I have ever used hands down and I own all the Slate, The Glue, Mjuc, Softube, UA, That Pink is sick as shit man........ On the master or 2 buss. I produce techno and man I am one happy camper !!!!!!! U gotta try there stuff......... who ever is thinking about it. I also tried The Pink Channel which is sick. It just didn't have as much control on the Compressor end. I was debating on it though. Aucustica Audios' EQs' are next level business also man. Demo there stuff!!!!!
Pprimo wrote:I just bought the Acustica Pink 2412 & Scarlet Mastering EQ today. Man am I happy. Is the 2412 pretty close to the API 2500 hardware that u own ?
djscorb wrote:Acustica PINK 2412 is replacing the API2500 for me now. Still using Compassion, Essence, Kotelnikov , MJUC and MDynamic EQ as well though depending on the task at hand :)

Cheers

Scorb

Unisum Mastering Compressor by Tone Project. Maybe a bit pricey and lacking some features that others might have, but its one of the best imho (if not the very best i've tried)

sounddesigner wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:04 pm A top-notch compressor that never gets mentioned and is fairly unknown is Bounce compressor from BeatSkillz. I've tried A LOT of compressors and apart from Algorithmix LP SplitCOMP (wich is not a real option since LP SplitCOMP cost around $1500) I found Bounce to be the most transparent, natural and best at retaining body and depth. It had the most well-balanced sound in my book. Try the demo out, I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you love those characteristics. Ultimately you want to try out many of the top ones to see which best fits your needs I'm just asking you compare Bounce as well! Give it a valid chance you might be surprised! Here's a link - http://www.beatskillz.com/bounce/
Bounce is the best plug they ever put out. Unfortunately the guy from AudioThing made it and they had very little to do with it. Everything else Beatskillz/Tone Empire is trash in comparison.

Unisum...

Return to “Effects”