Samplephonics anyone?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone use their sample packs? Their demos sound quite good, and they have some very interesting packs on their site, was wondering if anyone owns/have used their samples? If so, are they good quality?

Cheers!

Hit and miss.

Toby Baker Retro Keys = brilliant imho.
Simon Goulding (Bass) = Brilliant imho.
Iona Leigh (Celtic Vocals) = Kind of sh!t imho.

They have a lot of free stuff you can download and give a test run. Only you know if it's your kind of thing or not.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

For the most part, I like their stuff. Lots of fodder for Maschine. Some packs are more usable than others but the quality is pretty consistent.

Try their free Ronroco guitar and you'll get an idea.

The overall quality is very good indeed. I got several packs and virtual instruments and have used them quite a lot. It's one of the best company out there, IMO.

My limit with sample packs is that I tend not to re-use a sample that gave a unique sound to a project, to avoid the same exact sound to be heard in a new one...

Some of this stuff is incredible. I spent days just downloading and going through all the free stuff. Interesting is the SliceMachine stuff, which I want to check out next and try to figure out how to load my own .wav's, for slicing.

BTW, can anyone tell me if there is a SliceMachine version with no samples? THat is what I want!

i put together a sample pack for them a few years back. 1100+ one shots. mostly from modular systems and some modified rack synths.

http://store.samplephonics.com/products ... alfunction

it's mostly experimental percussion and FX sounds. there's a lot of good fodder for sound design experiments or creating kits in your favorite sampler/drum sampler and forming something unique. the thinking was to make stuff that would inspire people to make their own kits instead of presenting a bunch of ready made construction kits.

the next thing i do will be somewhat different. probably out in a few months but self released via bandcamp which supports many file types now.. including zip files!

on samplephonics you should check out the stuff by evac. pure class.

I own quite a few Samplephonics sample packs, and most of them are pretty good:
The sound quality is uniformly fine, and genre-wise, they are often spot-on.

Seeing that a pack costs roughly 50€ though, some offer not enough value for money (seeing that the "250 loops" sometimes are rather 15-20 loops in 10-15 variations). However, they tend to have 40% off-sales every few months, I usually buy the kind of "interesting, but not worth 50€" sample packs then.

Most of their loop-based libraries are available as REX files, that´s a good way to squeeze much more mileage out of them; most files are sliced quite well too.
dayjob wrote:i put together a sample pack for them a few years back. 1100+ one shots. mostly from modular systems and some modified rack synths.
Fine work. :tu:

epiphaneia wrote:I own quite a few Samplephonics sample packs, and most of them are pretty good:
The sound quality is uniformly fine, and genre-wise, they are often spot-on.

Seeing that a pack costs roughly 50€ though, some offer not enough value for money (seeing that the "250 loops" sometimes are rather 15-20 loops in 10-15 variations). However, they tend to have 40% off-sales every few months, I usually buy the kind of "interesting, but not worth 50€" sample packs then.

Most of their loop-based libraries are available as REX files, that´s a good way to squeeze much more mileage out of them; most files are sliced quite well too.
dayjob wrote:i put together a sample pack for them a few years back. 1100+ one shots. mostly from modular systems and some modified rack synths.
Fine work. :tu:

and they do have lot's of sales and specials. i think they're focusing on smaller packs these days. low cost bundles of samples/kits more focused on particular tasks.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”