!Epoch, for the next 4 years

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It makes me think something really big is coming......?

The other thread will be closed at its 4th birthday at the 13.02.2016, so lets start the second epoch here.

It is time to wait!

Like the name " !Epoch " best by the way.

You like the name "Not Epoch" best??? Sure it may look cool, but as a name.....neh.
Ask not what your DAW can do for you, but what you can do with your DAW

jowen wrote:It makes me think something really big is coming......?
Yes, maybe in 2020...

The crybully :cry: already closed the other thread. It threw a wittle tantwum. :lol:

Honestly, a new thread isn't a bad idea. The previous one is obviously quite long, so I intended to shortly start an 'official' one.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I guess there will be a new thread with the real name when it's unveiled.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Indeed. I hope jowen doesn't mind, but I will close this thread at that point just to keep things all in one place.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

jowen wrote: Like the name " !Epoch " best by the way.
'Epic' - which is what it became :)

As long as it doesnt become Epochryphyal. :lol:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Although it could be Eponymous, which would be somewhat amusing.

Or perhaps "Epos"? :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

We're doing THAT again?! :)

Epocurus. See what I did there. :wink:

szalonykp wrote:We're doing THAT again?! :)
Yep, it's been that long. Let's do IT! :hyper:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I've been doing some profiling tests, just to ensure that everything still ticks along nicely. On my test machine, a five year-old MacBook, and using the most heavyweight macro I've built - an ADSR envelope sourced from about 150 individual modules - I'm pleased that total CPU usage of this macro is only about 0.4%: pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things.

The most heavyweight built-in modules, the sequencers, tend to take a similar amount. Instances of both the poly and mono step sequencers, for example, have been seen to use about 0.2% each.

The other weighty module, the lua script, which is in itself fairly lightweight, depends largely on what the script is actually doing. There are plenty of lua optimisation tips around, using locals instead of globals, etc, and you can tweak the performance a little more by setting the required size of the memory pool available to each script. As a precaution, if the script appears to take too long - perhaps an accidental infinite loop - it will be forcibly stopped, to ensure that the graph keeps flowing. In this case, the forcible termination will appear in the console, informing you to fix your script! Lua scripts will also be forcibly terminated if they fail twice consecutively.

So, all looking good CPU-usage wise, and I've still several performance tweaks to implement post release.

Return to “Loomer”