Aeolian In C: Adrasta

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A piece in the old Aeolian mode - scale of C, root is A. Kind of a minor key sound. Very dark.
Although this is actually an edited (read "shortened" version, I think it's still too long :shrug:. The original was about 23 minutes long.

Aeolian In C: Adrasta

6th in a series of 7.

Comments, (kind :D ) criticism welcome, as always.

Have a nice day! :tu: :party:

Nice work. I enjoyed it, and I particularly liked the choral elements near the beginning and at the end. I think you might be right about the length, though - it could probably be taken down to about 10 minutes or so. The only other thing that seemed a bit odd to me was the sort of "tape hiss" noise, which I assume must be a deliberate choice in this day of fully digital production. Perhaps you were going for a mix tape nostalgia sort of feel?

The "tape hiss" is either the gong or the fact that my most favourite plugins are the Waves TG12345 and Waves NLS - one or other is on every channel, including the groups. :o And I push them hard! My worn out ears don't help - not so much golden as leaden... :dog:
:party: :tu:

ps Thanks for taking the time to listen! :tu:

Oh, I see. I guess it probably originates with the plugins. Not to worry, it's not overly distracting or anything - it just struck me as an oddity.

Totally unabashed bump :D

I liked the end choral section but not much else...sorry.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

You can't win them all! :D
But thanks for taking the time to listen and to comment. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”