Signalizer: Sidechaining update! Open-source & free audio visualization plugin (v. 0.4.3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is really a shame that this app was abandoned. I still like it quite a bit .. has a lot of potential.

It's open source. If it's actually abandoned, hopefully someone can take a look at the source code and update it.

<•()))><

><((()•>
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Has anyone has issues using this with the latest MacBook Pro 16 inch?

The moment I add Signalizer to my chain, everything slows down. UI and input responsiveness goes way down, things get laggy, and my system heats up.

I looked at the process and it doesn't seem to be eating up a ton of cycles. GPU is at 20%.

This plugin no longer appears to work since updating to macOS 10.15.4, as it's flagged as coming from an unidentified developer. Apple seems to be more and more strict about this with each OS update. :(

matthewmattical wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:14 pm This plugin no longer appears to work since updating to macOS 10.15.4, as it's flagged as coming from an unidentified developer. Apple seems to be more and more strict about this with each OS update. :(
It works just fine if you de-quarantine it. Any 64-bit plugin will work in Catalina. If they come with an installer, you have to right-click the installer, choose open, click open, and install as usual. If it comes as .component, .vst, .vst3 files, you have to de-quarantine them before moving them to your plugin folders. Proof:

To fix, download the latest. Unzip. Open a terminal and change to the directory where the 64-bit plugins are, and do this:

Code: Select all

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine *
Then move them to the corresponding plugin directories.

You can also turn off SIP system-wide, but I don't recommend that.

Sorry for not checking in for a while, - need to not rely on notifications :)
Compyfox wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:02 pm So the software is now declared "abandoned"?
Naenyn wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:56 am It is really a shame that this app was abandoned. I still like it quite a bit .. has a lot of potential.
It's not abandoned, at all. But time does fly by pretty quickly..
I'm shipping another plugin hopefully in the coming months, then I can get back to this.
kh1 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:41 am Greetings! Has anyone had any luck recently getting this to work on Bitwig + Linux?
As mentioned, it's currently only compiled as a VST2 (although that's only because I forgot a compilation switch). I can't speak much for stability, it worked in the hosts I tried - but that didn't include Bitwig
rj0 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:21 amOn the scope, what is the best way to capture the leading edge (the attack) of a sound?
Spectral triggering allows you to adjust the phase +/- 180 degrees. If you use envelope or zero crossing, they will trigger on the leading edge (in terms of local minimums). You might need to play with the threshold to get this working correctly. Maybe an offset parameters could be interesting.
norse wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:18 amThe moment I add Signalizer to my chain, everything slows down. UI and input responsiveness goes way down, things get laggy, and my system heats up.
I have not seen this, but I know what could cause it in JUCE. I'll add it to my bucket list of things to investigate.
For reference, what OS version was this?
matthewmattical wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:14 pmApple seems to be more and more strict about this with each OS update. :(
Yes, I'll see if it's possible to get around this without paying the Apple tax.

Just found and tested it today. This is amazing, thanks for the probably huge effort.

Would love to try this plug-in, it looks great! Unfortunately, my Logic Pro gets stuck on the scanning window when opening the DAW for the first time after putting the component in the corresponding folder. I also tried the dequarantining suggested above. I can abort the scan, so it's not crashing/freezing anything, it just stays put at "Scanning Audio Units (finalized 0 of 1)".

MacOS Catalina 10.15.2, Logic Pro X 10.5 and 10.5.1 (I tried again after updating).

bnz wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:12 am Just found and tested it today. This is amazing, thanks for the probably huge effort.
Appreciate it.
MikeySea wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:30 pm ... Logic Pro gets stuck on the scanning window when opening the DAW for the first time after putting the component ...

MacOS Catalina 10.15.2, Logic Pro X 10.5 and 10.5.1 (I tried again after updating).
I'll have a chance to test out this combo shortly.

I updated to Catalina 10.15.6 today, and Signalizer is working! Love the mesmerizing green on black...
So if anyone else has the issue I had, you can recommend to get the latest macOS.

MikeySea wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:58 am I updated to Catalina 10.15.6 today, and Signalizer is working! Love the mesmerizing green on black...
So if anyone else has the issue I had, you can recommend to get the latest macOS.
Great to hear! :)

Mayae wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:21 pm Sorry for not checking in for a while, - need to not rely on notifications :)
Compyfox wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:02 pm So the software is now declared "abandoned"?
Naenyn wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:56 am It is really a shame that this app was abandoned. I still like it quite a bit .. has a lot of potential.
It's not abandoned, at all. But time does fly by pretty quickly..
I'm shipping another plugin hopefully in the coming months, then I can get back to this.
kh1 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:41 am Greetings! Has anyone had any luck recently getting this to work on Bitwig + Linux?
As mentioned, it's currently only compiled as a VST2 (although that's only because I forgot a compilation switch). I can't speak much for stability, it worked in the hosts I tried - but that didn't include Bitwig
rj0 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:21 amOn the scope, what is the best way to capture the leading edge (the attack) of a sound?
Spectral triggering allows you to adjust the phase +/- 180 degrees. If you use envelope or zero crossing, they will trigger on the leading edge (in terms of local minimums). You might need to play with the threshold to get this working correctly. Maybe an offset parameters could be interesting.
norse wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:18 amThe moment I add Signalizer to my chain, everything slows down. UI and input responsiveness goes way down, things get laggy, and my system heats up.
I have not seen this, but I know what could cause it in JUCE. I'll add it to my bucket list of things to investigate.
For reference, what OS version was this?
matthewmattical wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:14 pmApple seems to be more and more strict about this with each OS update. :(
Yes, I'll see if it's possible to get around this without paying the Apple tax.
This is the best plugin news I've heard in some time :) Glad to see you around @ Mayae!

Is there a way to get that sonogram? I would LOVE to have that but I can't seem to get it working on mac!

I go to spectrum -> color spectrum, but it doesn't seem to display properly
Ignore this, found the preset under spectrum :) Great plugin, hope it gets more updates!
Last edited by reflekshun on Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Music Producer / Audio Engineer

Return to “Effects”