Signalizer: Sidechaining update! Open-source & free audio visualization plugin (v. 0.4.3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Awesome!

Now the oscilloscope please. A good oscilloscope is direly missing in the free software world.

I'm still using 32bit s(M)exoscope converted to a 64bit AU by 32lives and then loaded into Bitwig via Bluecat Patchwork...

larsomat wrote:Awesome!

Now the oscilloscope please. A good oscilloscope is direly missing in the free software world.

I'm still using 32bit s(M)exoscope converted to a 64bit AU by 32lives and then loaded into Bitwig via Bluecat Patchwork...
Seems you missed that one:
http://www.sugaraudio.de/oscarizor/
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Any plan for Syphon/Spout output?

stardustmedia wrote:

Seems you missed that one:
http://www.sugaraudio.de/oscarizor/
No. But I don't like it.

I use an oscilloscope mainly to see possible phase problems in the crossover between kickdrum and bassline. Somehow I can see this much better with s(M)exoscope than with oscarizor...

larsomat wrote: I use an oscilloscope mainly to see possible phase problems in the crossover between kickdrum and bassline. Somehow I can see this much better with s(M)exoscope than with oscarizor...
Would be great if you could explain why you think so and how you want to identify phase problems in the oscilloscope of the free single channel mono plug-in anyway? Don't want to go off topic here, of course you could also answer in the Oscarizor thread.
Sugar Audio - Sweetest Audio Plugins
http://www.sugaraudio.com

Awesome, works now !! :)

Works well now, but do not know if it's a bug or is done on purpose in the configuration of colors.

When I want to change the color of the grid by one darker, it disappears completely.

The same goes with other elements.

It also seems that when I select mode ARGB, alpha values do not seem to work.

Wow! The only free all-in-one! Thanks!!!
Are you planning a standalone version? It would be better in cases, when a host is not needed (live performance, audio developing etc.)

lxegs wrote:Thanks for the new version, it works well now on my system

Clement
Thats nice to hear :)
Autobot wrote:Nice ... v0.2.7 works now in all my (x64) daws ... cant wait for the forthcoming features ... great freebie ..
Fantastic

Yes, oscilloscope is next up as soon as I've confirmed this current version is stable (enough). Still no problems I've heard of for this version.
jc_vt wrote:Any plan for Syphon/Spout output?
Yes, I haven't looked at it yet but it seems obvious and it's definitely something I want Signalizer to be used for.
larsomat wrote:I use an oscilloscope mainly to see possible phase problems in the crossover between kickdrum and bassline. Somehow I can see this much better with s(M)exoscope than with oscarizor...
If you can formally elaborate on what you want in the oscilloscope it might make it into Signalizer (or any other software, as seen below).
goleat wrote:Awesome, works now !! :)

Works well now, but do not know if it's a bug or is done on purpose in the configuration of colors.

When I want to change the color of the grid by one darker, it disappears completely.
The same goes with other elements.
It also seems that when I select mode ARGB, alpha values do not seem to work.
Good to know. The disappearing colours - yeah, will be fixed in next version (bad optimization - supposed to turn of non-visible colours). ARGB doesn't always work, it depends on the blending function used by the rendering algorithm. But I just tried it out and there definitely seems to be something off.
alestsurko wrote:Wow! The only free all-in-one! Thanks!!!
Are you planning a standalone version? It would be better in cases, when a host is not needed (live performance, audio developing etc.)
Glad you like it. Yeah, standalone version will be included once features are done being developed (or before if I'm bored or have unexpected time off my hands).

Mayae wrote:
larsomat wrote:I use an oscilloscope mainly to see possible phase problems in the crossover between kickdrum and bassline. Somehow I can see this much better with s(M)exoscope than with oscarizor...
If you can formally elaborate on what you want in the oscilloscope it might make it into Signalizer (or any other software, as seen below).
I try to describe my workflow. In psytrance we usually have a pattern like this kick-bass-bass-bass where the kick usually is longer than 1/16th note. In the crossover between kick and 1st bassnote phasecancellation can happen.

I use an oscilloscope to look very closely at the crossover area while adjusting the phase of the bass (in the synth, with a short delay like Voxengo Sounddelay or with something like Voxengo PHA-979).

I also often try to make sure that the bassnote ends before the next begins or before the next kick, so they don't interfere with one another.

So I need an oscilloscope that keeps a stable position and lets me zoom in.

Oscarizer is not too bad in that regard, but the generated waveform doesn't have a high enough resolution. Or maybe the resolution is high enough, but it somehow looks strange. s(M)exoscope is much better in that regard, or the oscilloscopes in cableguys software (but those don't have a high enough contrast).

Edit: Here is a comparision of the two, 4/16th notes of kickbass pattern. The information both give is indeed the same, but the cableguys waveform looks like a continous wave. Oscarizor has those weird areas where the wave is not painted continously. That is irritating to my eyes.

And the colors... ouch!
Bildschirmfoto-2016-04-28-um-12.10.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mayae wrote:

Yes, oscilloscope is next up as soon as I've confirmed this current version is stable (enough). Still no problems I've heard of for this version.
Recently I was dearly missing a proper oscope plugin to sync the phase of a sample bassdrum and a synthesised sub kick. This would need a tempo sync function, so if I looped a single kick note, the peaks would display at the same position in the scope. Many scopes fail at this somehow as they let the starting point drift around.

Huh - either I'm too stupid or it just doesn't work here - the spectrum tab is just a plain black window and the vectorscope just a grid. Nothing else.
I already installed the latest graphics drivers (Ivy Bridge HD Graphics 4000, 10.18.10.4358), OpenGL works as tested with CPU Caps Viewer. Win 7 x64, Cubase 6.5 64bit, Signalizer 0.2.7. OpenGL Rendering engine enabled (when i set it to software, signalizer displays "Enable OpenGL in settings to use the vectorscope)
Any idea anyone?

hi
good work :)

i get a error on windows xp 32 sp3
querydisplayconfig on user32.dll

thx

larsomat wrote:Now the oscilloscope please. A good oscilloscope is direly missing in the free software world.

This has bothering me for quite a while now, and I think we should finally address this.

The "scope" view we talk about in this case (BPM synced, continious), is actually a "Waveform View", as this is continuous information.

If we talk single cycles or a "still standing" view (technical applications), that's technically a waveshape oscilloscope.

Technically, a Goniometer is also an Oscilloscope (actually, a X/Y Oscilloscope - yet another viewtype) but how you use the device (read: the application) decides what this thing is doing.

Aside from that, yes - a multi channel feature would be interesting to compare (as mentioned) a kick with a bass, or a kick with a snare regarding phase coherence.

Another thing that nobody seem to talk about:
What will the price be once it's out of the "alpha" stage?
You put a lot of effort into this project after all. And it wouldn't be the first that suddenly goes commercial.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

fese wrote:Huh - either I'm too stupid or it just doesn't work here - the spectrum tab is just a plain black window and the vectorscope just a grid. Nothing else.
I already installed the latest graphics drivers (Ivy Bridge HD Graphics 4000, 10.18.10.4358), OpenGL works as tested with CPU Caps Viewer. Win 7 x64, Cubase 6.5 64bit, Signalizer 0.2.7. OpenGL Rendering engine enabled (when i set it to software, signalizer displays "Enable OpenGL in settings to use the vectorscope)
Any idea anyone?
Try to check if the 'window size' knob says '0 ms' (a known rare bug), just set it to any other value.
naquelapsy wrote:hi
good work :)

i get a error on windows xp 32 sp3
querydisplayconfig on user32.dll

thx
This should have been fixed in version 0.2.7, are you sure you're using that version (can be checked by clicking the '?' button in the upper right corner).
Compyfox wrote:
larsomat wrote:Now the oscilloscope please. A good oscilloscope is direly missing in the free software world.

Another thing that nobody seem to talk about:
What will the price be once it's out of the "alpha" stage?
You put a lot of effort into this project after all. And it wouldn't be the first that suddenly goes commercial.
It will remain free and open-source. I do not intend to compete in a saturated market vs. commercial giants. Instead, this projects' only about giving free and complete tools to not-so-rich audio technicians out there - and provide a fully functioning open-source plugin other people hopefully can learn from.

fese wrote:Huh - either I'm too stupid or it just doesn't work here - the spectrum tab is just a plain black window and the vectorscope just a grid. Nothing else.
Any idea anyone?
No graphics for me either, Reaper x64 PC Intel HD Graphics 4600 OpenGL 4.3

Return to “Effects”