DrumSpillage 2.5 Roadmap and Update Information

Official support for: audiospillage.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have since tested Stacker and it's good but not great, and anyway i'm more interested in synthesis.

Still patiently waiting for 2.5, make it a paid upgrade i'll gladly pay for it, drumspillage makes it in one way or another to my every project

Installed Studio One to check out DrumSpillage, this thing sounds awesome! Anyone experiencing any issues running it in Catalina?

Ploki wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:08 pm Still patiently waiting for 2.5, make it a paid upgrade i'll gladly pay for it, drumspillage makes it in one way or another to my every project
Thanks Ploki. 2.5 is still happening so stay patient!

:party: :pray: :hug:
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

2.5 is still happening so stay patient!
Looking forward to this!

cranium wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:56 am
2.5 is still happening so stay patient!
Looking forward to this!
I cannot wait!

It’s the best drum synth I’ve ever used. Nothing has matched it. I finally gave up on drum synths and just use a synth now. Or sampler.

It has an unrivaled punch to its sounds that outshines the competition. I've never been anything but disappointed in other drum synths. I'm getting nice results with more generic synths, but always come back to DS.
DS 2.5 is my most anticipated synth along Zebra 3 (I suppose that means a lot hehe ^^)
.com
3OP

nilhartman wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:39 am It has an unrivaled punch to its sounds that outshines the competition. I've never been anything but disappointed in other drum synths. I'm getting nice results with more generic synths, but always come back to DS.
DS 2.5 is my most anticipated synth along Zebra 3 (I suppose that means a lot hehe ^^)
ikr?
i tested every single drum synth i could get my hands on, and they all pale next to DS.
I just load the default preset kick and i'm blown away each time.

Indeed yeah.

I've been experimenting with Hive 2 as a drum synth lately, getting pretty convincing results but nothing as immediate as DS2.

DS2.5 doesn't need much IMO, but I'd love to hear what Stephen can achieve with currents CPU. A couple of tiny workflow improvements would be nice as well (on the top of my head : typing-in parameter values, resizeable GUI and linking pads just as in v1).
.com
3OP

Ploki wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:48 am i tested every single drum synth i could get my hands on, and they all pale next to DS.
I just load the default preset kick and i'm blown away each time.
sounds like you don't want me to muck about with the kick model too much then :)

I think I understand the comments about other drum synths. I don't really know what I've done that is any different tbh. I deliberately kept the synth models clean and punchy and decided against saturating the models with too much overdrive or analog tone out of the box. some of the oscillators are based around filters rather than traditional waves too.

saying that, filter and distortion algorithms are very much an area that will be improved upon in the next update. along with workflow enhancements.

audiospillage wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:01 pm

sounds like you don't want me to muck about with the kick model too much then :)

I think I understand the comments about other drum synths. I don't really know what I've done that is any different tbh. I deliberately kept the synth models clean and punchy and decided against saturating the models with too much overdrive or analog tone out of the box. some of the oscillators are based around filters rather than traditional waves too.

saying that, filter and distortion algorithms are very much an area that will be improved upon in the next update. along with workflow enhancements.
No please don't :D
BD model 1 is pure magic and joy to work with, and i'm so happy this thing still works with Catalina.

I usually run the OSCs clean via multi-out, the exception being Resonator, because i frankly can't find a similar processor in plugin form.

Improved filter and distortion could work.

Message me if you want some sound-sets or beta-testing for the 2.5, I'd gladly participate. 8)

Ah, I'm more of a BD2 guy :D
.com
3OP

audiospillage wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:18 pm .... 2.5 is still happening so stay patient!
"Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:46 pm
Here's a little information about the upcoming DrumSpillage 2.5....."

this announcement seems to be more than 3 years ago, i am curious

Return to “AudioSpillage”