DrumSpillage 2.5 Roadmap and Update Information

Official support for: audiospillage.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Also, holding CMD while using a SCROLLWHEEL (not drag) will increase accuracy.

And also lets pretend there's a whole paragraph about why 432Hz is a ridiculous concept that has almost 0 grounds in reality and history, but leave it at that.
My kicks do sound like Tibetan bowls :D

Thanks for the tip, time to plugin a mouse and give that a try.

Everglide wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:45 am ...I would also love to see Audiospillage take on the classic 808 and 909 drum machines.
i really wanna post a giant eyeroll image here.

as much as i love these machines, really?
DrumSpillage can be pretty much anything you want it to be.
With a BILLION Roland X0X emulations and samples already out there, why on earth, really.

dayjob wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:52 am
iosys wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:25 pm Is there any point in even hoping for new features? I assumed this plugin was abandonware, I bought it a while back and quickly realized there was no activity from the developer anymore, shame really as its a great plugin
read through the thread. he posted here in january. the update will happen it's just gonna be a while. still the best sounding drum synth as it is.
The original projection was fall of 2016 so you may forgive a bit of skepticism :party:

padillac wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:14 pm
dayjob wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:52 am
iosys wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:25 pm Is there any point in even hoping for new features? I assumed this plugin was abandonware, I bought it a while back and quickly realized there was no activity from the developer anymore, shame really as its a great plugin
read through the thread. he posted here in january. the update will happen it's just gonna be a while. still the best sounding drum synth as it is.
The original projection was fall of 2016 so you may forgive a bit of skepticism :party:
Agreed.

Dear potential purchasers: If you like DrumSpillage as-is, then absolutely buy it. It is terrific. But at this point, no one should buy DrumSpillage expecting it ever to be actually updated. I sincerely hope it does get updated, and I truly hope I'm proven wrong. But I think 3.5 years of empty promises and missed deadlines is enough to warrant skepticism.

Sqigls, while I understand your sentiment, perhaps I should elaborate. When I use the word 'take' that doesn't mean another emulation. I don't see the point of that another 909 either. We all love this DrumSpillage and the Roland classics for good reason.

A new BassDrum model (BD3 :party: ) inspired by ___ would be nice.
sqigls wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:31 pm
Everglide wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:45 am ...I would also love to see Audiospillage take on the classic 808 and 909 drum machines.
i really wanna post a giant eyeroll image here.

as much as i love these machines, really?
DrumSpillage can be pretty much anything you want it to be.
With a BILLION Roland X0X emulations and samples already out there, why on earth, really.

nm

dunno if i filed this already, but having "sustain" behave as sustain usually does, and as it does in Elecktroid, would be amazing. (so you can do held notes)

Apple silicon is on its way, hopefully DrumSpillage will come for the ride

Everglide wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:51 am Apple silicon is on its way, hopefully DrumSpillage will come for the ride
2 year transition and apple will support intel for a long time w/OS updates. so, i think it's safe to delay ARM compatibility for a bit and continue focusing on intel update. :ud:

drumspillage sounds so good i hope it lives forever on whatever future format is relevant.

5 month check in. still on Mojave. staying there for good i think... perhaps will update to big sur in like 2 years but maybe not. perhaps stay mojave until my current macs are no longer usable. then resurvey the OS landscape, apple $$$$ cost of entry vs performance etc. and what i'd have to say goodbye to to go to windows if that's even a possibility worth entertaining.

so, how's DrumSpillage going? any news?
Last edited by dayjob on Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

I’d be happy with a VST3 version to be honest, I was told when I bought it at the beginning of the year that an update was on its way but I don’t think that’s the case...

yeah using it in Cubase without a wrapper would be much better for me.
i know it's mostly in my mind, but i don't really use it anymore, for this reason.

R.I.P.

:( i really love this little bugger

Ploki wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:20 pm :( i really love this little bugger
Me too. And, the developer was extremely kind to me. Something must have happened, probably personal. I wish him the very best. Sadly, barre a miracle, it seems this lovely piece of audio software is gone.

Return to “AudioSpillage”