Soniccouture favourites?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Try-Harder wrote:I'm also interested in Haunted Spaces. I have Geosonics, and it seems like another great sounding ambiance product.
Geosonics is especially cool because you can use the underlying field recordings itself as they are.

How does Canterbury Suitcase compare to EP73 Deconstructed?

Anyone know how long the current sale is? I want the Haunted Spaces for half price, can't happen this month tho.

jancivil wrote:Anyone know how long the current sale is? I want the Haunted Spaces for half price, can't happen this month tho.
Bottom of the page at NI:
This special offer is valid from July 12 until July 30, 2018, at the NI Online Shop. Savings described here are calculated on the basis of suggested retail prices (MSRP). Please note that according to our terms and conditions, e-vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with special offers.

Yah, Haunted Spaces seems quite interesting.

Electro-Acoustic is the freshest way to use classic drum machines. Great for electronica.

haunted spaces and the ian boddy snapshots are fantastic. since i already own most of the soniccouture libraries that interest me, i think i'll go for the electro-acoustic library during the sale.
cheers

nordickvr wrote:
jancivil wrote:Anyone know how long the current sale is? I want the Haunted Spaces for half price, can't happen this month tho.
Bottom of the page at NI:
This special offer is valid from July 12 until July 30, 2018, at the NI Online Shop. Savings described here are calculated on the basis of suggested retail prices (MSRP). Please note that according to our terms and conditions, e-vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with special offers.
Thanks. The page I was looking at didn't have that for some reason.
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... 0d7c1b438f

This isn't going to happen for me then. If I had the money I'd buy the whole lot, even as 5 of them would be redundant.

woggle wrote: I'd not noticed Konkrete, but but looks a lot of fun - can you output to midi or build your own kits for it or are you limited to the sound within it? Alternatively does anyone make sequencer like the one in Konkrete - looks simple to use but quite powerful.
IK wonder the same. The Euclidian seems like a nice tool to have. So does anybody know if it is possible to add you own samples to the instrument and make a new Kit for Konkrete?
Last edited by GearNostalgia on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xtended Piano
Glassworks
Geosonics
Gamelan
Konkrete

Haha, my top five favorites. Soniccoutre make some great stuff, excellent samples, excellent programming, and excellent service.

GearNostalgia wrote:
woggle wrote: I'd not noticed Konkrete, but but looks a lot of fun - can you output to midi or build your own kits for it or are you limited to the sound within it? Alternatively does anyone make sequencer like the one in Konkrete - looks simple to use but quite powerful.
IK wonder the same. The Euclidian seems like a nice tool to have. So doe anybody know if it is possible to add you own samples to the instrument and make a new Kit for Konkrete?
You can route the midi out (if your DAW can do it), but no you can’t load samples into Konkrete.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

yellowmix wrote:Electro-Acoustic is the freshest way to use classic drum machines. Great for electronica.
Yes, they extensively sampled a lot of drum machines. Not just dry but through vintage analog gear and PA systems. They also have 3 good interfaces for pattern programming. A ridiculous amount of work went into this. I think it is more interesting than Wave Alchemy's drum machine products.

I have the novachord and ondes libraries. I like them both, but don't use them as much as I should.

+1 on Electro-Acoustic as well, I went with this over Wave Alchemy drums too. The collection
might not be as large, but it comes with tons of character. Another amazing effort from Soniccouture imho.
Konkrete is awesome as well, I thought everybody already knew as much.

-Cheers

^^^ I heard their demos. Can ElectroAcoustic or Konkrete do soft, offbeat, jazzy textures, or just drummachine style?
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote:^^^ I heard their demos. Can ElectroAcoustic or Konkrete do soft, offbeat, jazzy textures, or just drummachine style?
Electro Acoustic can do whatever you need, in as much as they are sampled drum machines.
Fortunately, all the kits can be used dry or with a large variety of processing and recording
treatments, e.g. the main point of the library.

Konkrete is more specialized in that it's sounds are out of the ordinary for the most part.
Soft jazzy sounds are in there probably, but mostly few and far between I would think.
Think of a loud, interesting and complex sound palate when thinking of Konkrete.

IMHO...

*Personally, I wouldn't rule out Konkrete for anything. As an untrained amateur, I believe,
for myself, out of the ordinary is the best chance I have to produce anything that could
possibly be thought of as being truly significant.

Thank you, pekbro.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”