Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

gondii wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:18 pm "We care about our customers and heard you loud and clear. By popular demand, we have decided to discontinue the use of the code meter copy protection and switch instead to serial codes. Also look at all the new features with 1.8, as always free for existing customers."

Or something like that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with changing ones mind and this could be spun very easily to repair a lot of the damage that had been done. I think nobody would care how stubborn they had been. I know I would respect it.

But either way, smart choice. I'm sure it'll boost sales for any upcoming BF deals and certainly for Avenger 2.0.
Why did you put that PART THAT YOU MADE UP in quotes, as if it was a quote from REFX? WTF? And then write "Or something like that."

Secondly, why are so many people on this thread incapable of spelling out the word 'CodeMeter', and keep writing 'CM'? (To me, CM stands for 'Computer Music' magazine.)

BenfordLaw wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:14 pm Secondly, why are so many people on this thread incapable of spelling out the word 'CodeMeter', and keep writing 'CM'? (To me, CM stands for 'Computer Music' magazine.)
The CodeMeter icon is literally a CM. And 2nd, you answered your own question - To me CM stands for... In the conext of dropping copy protection for this plugin, who would think of Computer Music magazine instead?

BenfordLaw wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:14 pm Secondly, why are so many people on this thread incapable of spelling out the word 'CodeMeter', and keep writing 'CM'? (To me, CM stands for 'Computer Music' magazine.)
msvs wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:33 pm @dermage: thats maybe only valid for the standalone app. CM was deeply inweaved into Avenger(...)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

msvs wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:33 pm @dermage: thats maybe only valid for the standalone app. CM was deeply inweaved into Avenger and Rene could not compile at all on Mac, there were hundreds of unsolveable conflicts with M1. Maybe it would have been possible with very deep research and a complete re-coding over months. Dropping it was the most logical thing at this point.
Ah. So I wasn't far off.
Pretty sure it will be very welcomed in the community, at least for me it was a reason to install it again and return using it.

Thanks a million times to the noble M1 for screwing up the whole Avenger protection system and letting us get the serial number back.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Really delighted about vps avenger again!
Awesome synth also I'm having a blast with midi learn in the bottom right corner.

Cautiously interested in Avenger now cm has been binned -- assuming they don't change back again!
But I noticed their faq still says this:
VPS Avenger uses a keyfile based licensing system (CodeMeter)
Have they just not updated their webpage yet?!

Well, since reason already was cracked (I assume it uses the heaviest code meter implementation), it was only a matter of time, that those crackers would decide to crack your Synth. Maybe they just waited for an upcoming major release.

So now you are back to game. Imho just publish some little updates/fixes and gimmicks from time to time, so there is no reason for use a cracked version. Other companies do that, too, and this business approach seems to work. I wish you luck.

Matfink wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:41 pm Cautiously interested in Avenger now cm has been binned -- assuming they don't change back again!
But I noticed their faq still says this:
VPS Avenger uses a keyfile based licensing system (CodeMeter)
Have they just not updated their webpage yet?!
will be fixed soon..... thx for pointing at this issue ;)

Code meter gone???!! 😁

Bitdefender still complaining, they really suck about false positive for a while

Biome_Digital wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:03 am Code meter gone???!! 😁
yes

BD gone and JKR irritated TW, WTD?

Well I went ahead and bought it now codemeter has gone 👌

Can someone help me understand if it is possible copy a preset from the main list ( any arp-/bass/pad...from any expansion) and paste into an Osc slot (or drag/drop)? Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”