Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

expansions are optional, you can use Avenger to design your own stuff, its a full synth. And there is a huge factory library included.
btw there is the "Pick5 bundle" which basically gives you 1 xp for free

...and unlike Nexus, there are third party expansions too, they can price however they like.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

FilterSnd.png
:tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This is coming to Avenger 1 or 2?
rsp
sound sculptist

I just got a new MacBook Pro with an M1 Pro processor. I was expecting big things from this new Apple processor, but when I tried Avenger 1.8.2 in Logic, I was getting all sorts of CPU overloads whenever I played. But, what was even weirder was that the CPU meter was well above 50% even when I wasn't playing at all. All my other instruments seemed to be fine, so I decided to look at the Avenger system settings and see if I could figure out anything that might be a problem. Just out of curiosity, I moved the FPS Mode from ECO to MID and the CPU meter immediately went down. I set it to HIGH and now everything seems to be good. Just to check, I went back to the ECO setting and the CPU meter immediately jumped way up and had overloads. I couldn't find any posts about this with a quick search. Has anyone else seen this behavior? I'm not sure why setting a higher FPS Mode setting would be more efficient. It seems like the opposite should happen.

@zvenx thats 2.0

for explanaition:
that is paralell filtering... now you have the option to route Filters not only in row (serial), but also paralell... which means you can independently have a LPF and a HPF at the same time (and a third BP in the mids if you want so)
PS the signal flows from top to bottom

@scoplunk: that FPS Mode setting is a thing from the earliest 1.0 versions. Meanwhile it should be optimized, that it doesnt matter (or like in your case, even could have a negative effect). Its only still in for compatibility reasons, I guess in 2.0, this setting will be no more.

Thanks Manuel.
rsp
sound sculptist

Seems now that some of the expansion packs are now on sale on pb (don't see the bigtone ones).

https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals/sh ... c3d39bf8f6

rsp
sound sculptist

Damn, none of the packs I'd be interested in are in the PB sale. I wonder why its just that selection?

Yes I would have surely been very tempted with BigTone1 & 2, alas neither of them are there.
rsp
sound sculptist

i'd buy the drum & bass one if they add it

The Collection 1 is there, which is a particularly good deal with 175 patches (and some Big Tone in there too). The demo sounds appropriately broad.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:49 am The Collection 1 is there, which is a particularly good deal with 175 patches (and some Big Tone in there too). The demo sounds appropriately broad.
Yes I listened to the demo, too much other stuff there to truly tempt me.
Strangely the Melodic Techno 2 is the one I am most tempted by.

rsp
sound sculptist

scoplunk wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:26 am I just got a new MacBook Pro with an M1 Pro processor. I was expecting big things from this new Apple processor, but when I tried Avenger 1.8.2 in Logic, I was getting all sorts of CPU overloads whenever I played. But, what was even weirder was that the CPU meter was well above 50% even when I wasn't playing at all. All my other instruments seemed to be fine, so I decided to look at the Avenger system settings and see if I could figure out anything that might be a problem. Just out of curiosity, I moved the FPS Mode from ECO to MID and the CPU meter immediately went down. I set it to HIGH and now everything seems to be good. Just to check, I went back to the ECO setting and the CPU meter immediately jumped way up and had overloads. I couldn't find any posts about this with a quick search. Has anyone else seen this behavior? I'm not sure why setting a higher FPS Mode setting would be more efficient. It seems like the opposite should happen.
Interesting, I found the same thing (M1 max studio). Testing on an identical preset - ECO: cpu jumps way above 75% and hovers around 45%. High: cpu jumps much less frequently and only to ~60%, hovers around 40%.

Maybe we're misunderstanding what ECO means? Well done on discovering this, whatever it is. It certainly makes avenger less painful to use. :tu:

Seems to be a Apple Silicon Native thing though, because I read this, and excitedly fired up Avenger in Cubase on my macintel, since I always have cpu spiking with it, only to realise that I was already on HIGH mode. (Moving it to ECO didn't make it less spikey for me).. Though the now removed 1.8.4 which is the one I am running seems to be less cpu intensive than all previous versions since I bought it (at around 1.5 or 1.6)..
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”