Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

DIONISIO wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:50 pm Hi

Is possible to make a suggestion for a note quantizer in Avenger 2.0 Arpeggiator and a note randomization feature?

Thank you and all the best
Dionisio
not necessary, we already work on a quantizer. And we also already have developed a ARP Randomizer along with note scales (video of that as soon as the GUI is final for this)

Manuel, I’m very curious how long it takes on average for an XP to go from idea to being released. You can tell by the sounds, SQs etc that there is a lot of work behind them, even for pros like you guys.
depending on the XP's style it takes 3 to 6 months. Some even longer if there is much recording work involved (like the Cinematic or Dystopia... or even the Italo Disco with its sheer amount of vintage samples)

msvs wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:39 pm the last 2 expansions for 2022... enjoy Italo Disco 3 and Techno 2
we wish you a good start for 2023 and remember we still have xmas sale 33% into first week of January

https://youtu.be/fgKrynOXbb4
Something new is brewing in the underworld: Techno 2 is here and it's meaner, harder and more brutal than ever! Explore 134 brand new dark Techno presets made by Andy Hinz for your VPS Avenger, containing devastating beats, roaring hoovers, exploding percussion hits, screaming 3O3s and piercing plucks, low warm subs, randomized modular patches and so much more powerful banging sounds for the next hits to come! Of course you want to use these sounds for EDM or Trance too, to spice up your tracks with unique "non-mainstream" sounds.

https://youtu.be/b3Qq4FKjNc4

We love Italo Disco music, you can cleary hear that in vol. 1&2... so it was clear from the beginning, that there will be a another volume: Now its time for the 3rd round! Italo Disco, a long extincted genre from the 80s/90s is back with a vengeance! Manuel Schleis and Marcel Susenburger united a third time to revive these long forgotten sounds in the most authentic way: by using many of the original hardware, which had been used back in the days. There is no other Italo Disco collection on the market, reaching this level of love for details. It's all here, analog basslines, digital bells, powerful drums and toms, warm brasses and pads - and sequences which will immediately want you to dance. You know that you want this unique expansion pack! Get this time-travel ticket and cast a smile on your face.

get it now at vengeance-sound.com

Italo 3 is mediocre, you can tell it is a patchwork of previous versions, to be forgotten.

Similar opinion for Techno 2, nothing new here nor any sound that says Wow!!! that good, mediocrity and expensive.

Manuel, when are you seriously going to make version 2 of VPS and add 1000 really good sounds to this synth? at the end of the century?

Hey guys ....Pigments 4 or Vps Avenger? Which one is the best? :hyper:

Manuel!

Please add an option in the OSC > voicing > MIDI special menu to filter out the lowest note.

This would be great when you're using a chorder and you want the lowest note to be played by another synth!

Perhaps its already possible? If so, please let me know how!

can you give me a more detailed description of what you want to achieve?

msvs wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:43 pm can you give me a more detailed description of what you want to achieve?
I'm using a chorder (Cthulhu) to trigger chords in Avenger.

I want OSC-1 one to only play the lowest note (this is already possible)

I want OSC-2 to trigger every note but NOT the lowest!

So, OSC-1 is tuned down an octave and is my bass sound.
OSC-2 is taking care of the rest and i don't want it doubling the bass note.

I know this can already be sort of achieved by restricting the key zones, but it would be nice to be able to do it "hard-wired", especially when moving around the range quite a lot.

we'll have a look into it :)

This idea of leaving out a note made me think about the arpeggiator or the random source trigger different oscillators or to specify not just a bass note but the lowest note, the highest note, a range of notes; but weather one or the other.

Xbucket wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:21 am This idea of leaving out a note made me think about the arpeggiator or the random source trigger different oscillators or to specify not just a bass note but the lowest note, the highest note, a range of notes; but weather one or the other.
There is another feature the guys could add, but it's a little esoteric, but i'll try to explain it:

Imagine you have a patch with 5 oscillators.

You play a 5 note chord on your MIDI keyboard.

Nothing happens, no sound. Totally useless, right??!!

BUT!: as soon as you release a finger (any finger, but only one), Avenger will distribute and trigger the notes across the 5 oscillators, low to high (including the released finger, which you can now press again without anything else happening). And it's respects the timing as well, so if you slightly arpeggiated the chord, it respects that timing.

So the idea is you hit your chord, and immediately in the same action, within a few milliseconds, release a finger, probably the left hand pinky.

So by doing all this, you could get complex (but predictable) chord timbres that would otherwise be impossible.

By the way, i believe this technique or something similar is used in some orchestral libraries, for use in playing along with musicals to trigger orchestral arrangements from a MIDI keyboard.

Obviously there's a whole rabbit whole of behaviors you could go down in terms of how the notes are distributed if you only have 3 OCs or whatever, or if you move the internal voices while holding the outer notes, but that's the basic idea.

If anyone wants to mess around with it, here's an M4L device that'll give you this behavior across different MIDI channels: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cyAYfR ... share_link

Avenger's arpeggiator is not polyphonic, it can only play one note at a time and forwards, it doesn't have a back and forward function like Pigments 4's

._.

Would it be possible to determine a keyzone of any kind of modulation?
For instance filter, mod env or aftertouch affect and work only on upper notes?
Also your TRIG option with note on or off doesn't let you determine a keyzone, you can choose one note only or all notes, wouldn't it be better to be able to select first and last note you want to apply it to?
Btw the look of V2 is just an ordinary fatiguing face imo, the current default skin I prefer a lot more with a lively appearance, more fun to watch it, but great new features showcased in previews

you have "keyzone" as modulation source in the modmatrix, so basically you can modulate whatever you want with it. You also can set the range and steepness of the keyzone on the "zones" page
Just set aftertouch to modulate filter for example, set the modulation to 0. Then apply modulation of keyzone to the aftertouch modulation to modulate aftertouch via keyzone

on the "zones" page bzw, you can set start and end notes (and even fades) of your OSC's keyzones

regarding the skin: for 99% of the users its the other way around and they will prefer the new skin. However its planned to bring the "old" skin back in a later update, so you can chose which one to use.

msvs wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:23 am you have "keyzone" as modulation source in the modmatrix, so basically you can modulate whatever you want with it. You also can set the range and steepness of the keyzone on the "zones" page
Just set aftertouch to modulate filter for example, set the modulation to 0. Then apply modulation of keyzone to the aftertouch modulation to modulate aftertouch via keyzone

on the "zones" page bzw, you can set start and end notes (and even fades) of your OSC's keyzones

regarding the skin: for 99% of the users its the other way around and they will prefer the new skin. However its planned to bring the "old" skin back in a later update, so you can chose which one to use.
Thanks a lot. I will try your suggestions - great :)
Regarding the new skin, well, if it's the goal to look similar colour- and stylewise to a lot of other skins and synths, then you match it quite well at the cost of individuality and uniqueness and recognition value imo plus the orange colour highlights more distinctly than blue, btw blue is the color of head/brain/thinking, whereas red/orange is fire/passion/creativity.
Also imagine people using the synth for many years and are used to a certain look,
they are used to a Ferrari, why an Opel shell only all of a sudden?! haha
I can't imagine you got feedback to the new skin from every user, so 99% is rather wishful thinking and most people tend to hype every new feature at first, but great that the current default skin will still be available, I would even give it an award for the best skin ever ;)
Post and opinions on platforms with option to delete posts (yt etc) are not representative anyway.
Of course point of views or opinions on this topic differ.
Not sure whether 99%, but I am pretty sure a lot of people hope for a lower cpu consumption, but every information on this important topic is hidden yet.

the 99% were regarding YT comments, KVR comments, FB Group comments i read (I cant read all of course) and emails we get from customers. In fact you are the first one, who liked the previous skin more. Of course there could be more thinking like you, but the ratio stays ~the same. But no worries, its planned to make it accessible as skin as I said

Return to “Instruments”