iZotope Neutrino - Spectral Shaping

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutrino

Looks handy for hobbyists like me with little patience for the finer points in mixing:

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix/neutrino.html

Has anyone tried it yet?

The GUI looks like a NI product.

I demand 71.6 Amount and 54.4 Detail on all my Instrument

I listened to the demo songs and I couldn't hear difference between the plugin bypassed or not, maybe my ears are just shit :/
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Reminds me of Bootsy's (Varietyofsound) Slick HDR conceptwise. With Slick HDR I was also never able to tell a difference with plugin on or off (I'm a big fan of all his other plugins though).

I haven't used it yet, but have DL's already. I could tell the difference in the vids, so I'm looking to try it out.
John
"B4serenity"

skipscada wrote:Looks handy for hobbyists like me with little patience for the finer points in mixing:
Oh, its one of THOSE PRODUCTS

djshire wrote:
skipscada wrote:Looks handy for hobbyists like me with little patience for the finer points in mixing:
Oh, its one of THOSE PRODUCTS
I think it's for those that appreciate the intricacies of analog summing or console emulation (neither of which it is, but the analogy and approach is not dissimilar), and are looking for small, yet perceptible difference makers to elevate a mix from a good 99% to a refined 100%.

Conversely, the important, meaningful subtleties may not always be apparent without attention to the finer points, but I believe philosophically, subtle refinement (much like we argue about small differences in A/D converters) is actually a significant thing in the world of mixing, rather than anything overblown.

Well, I'll be buggered if I could hear anything worth writing home about. Switching the instrument seemed to make no difference whatsoever, nor did the detail do anything. Amount seemed to do, I dunno, something but nothing exciting. I like my plugins to go from subtle to over-the-top then I know the extremes of what it can do and I can find the sweet-spot. When it goes from subtle to barely-perceptable-even-at-a-quantum-level then this is one plugin I can live without.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

So it's basically an EQ suite that carves out certain frequencies of each instrument group, so when used together they have more separation - like a "TrackSpacer" kind of idea, but not dynamic?

You could write that is Free..

However on the AU version something weird is happening. I took some audio, and when open both to 100% suddenly brightness is coming, but after that disappearing. PC windows users can anyone confirm such behaviour there?
Maybe it's a bug with AU version.

Thanks

Does Neutrino require iLok / PACE / something else? It's not clearly stated anywhere, but I assume all iZotope products have some super strong copy protection gadgets which my system makes totally incompatible and crashing...

MogwaiBoy wrote:So it's basically an EQ suite that carves out certain frequencies of each instrument group, so when used together they have more separation - like a "TrackSpacer" kind of idea, but not dynamic?
https://www.izotope.com/en/community/bl ... al-shaping

Den* wrote:You could write that is Free..

However on the AU version something weird is happening. I took some audio, and when open both to 100% suddenly brightness is coming, but after that disappearing. PC windows users can anyone confirm such behaviour there?
Maybe it's a bug with AU version.

Thanks
"Because Neutrino is constantly listening and adjusting to the incoming signal, changes made on the Detail knob may take a second to adjust, so we suggest that you make a small adjustment, pause, then listen to the effect it’s had on your signal. Fast adjustments, especially to extremes of the control, may not be heard immediately as Neutrino catches up."

taken from https://www.izotope.com/en/community/bl ... h-neutrino

Is this like an automatic linear phase dynamic eq?

Return to “Effects”