Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

martiu wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:13 pm hi i love the legend
i have spoken
:clap:

SebAV wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:18 pm
martiu wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:13 pm hi i love the legend
i have spoken
:clap:
:?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Anyone else having problems getting Legend to respond to MPE? Is there a hidden activate MPE button I'm missing? Isn't responding as other synths are in Bitwig.

I don't own an MPE device so can't test but there is no button.

You might want to bring up any concerns at the Synapse website. They are more likely to be seen there.

I don't remember if I've seen you there before or not.....

https://forum.synapse-audio.com/
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:54 pm I don't own an MPE device so can't test but there is no button.

You might want to bring up any concerns at the Synapse website. They are more likely to be seen there.

I don't remember if I've seen you there before or not.....

https://forum.synapse-audio.com/
Thanks. Figured I'd check quickly in case I'm missing something stupid, but yeah I'll bug support.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:40 pmAnyone else having problems getting Legend to respond to MPE? Is there a hidden activate MPE button I'm missing? Isn't responding as other synths are in Bitwig.
It's not MPE support as such, you have to set it up yourself. So there is a Mod destination called "Timbre", which is SLIDE or GLIDE (I can never remember which is which), and there is Aftertouch and you have to change the pitch-bend range manually. That's what you get.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:18 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:40 pmAnyone else having problems getting Legend to respond to MPE? Is there a hidden activate MPE button I'm missing? Isn't responding as other synths are in Bitwig.
It's not MPE support as such, you have to set it up yourself. So there is a Mod destination called "Timbre", which is SLIDE or GLIDE (I can never remember which is which), and there is Aftertouch and you have to change the pitch-bend range manually. That's what you get.
Yeah I changed the pitch bend range to 48 but it isn't responding to mpe pitch bend. I thought it worked before. Could be a thing with a recent bitwig update, not sure yet.

I dont own the Legend but was wondering if anyone know if there is a way to midi map the preset left/right buttons? I didnt see them in the cc implementation chart and I was hoping to not have to use the mouse to scroll through presets.

nori.lam wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:29 pm I dont own the Legend but was wondering if anyone know if there is a way to midi map the preset left/right buttons? I didnt see them in the cc implementation chart and I was hoping to not have to use the mouse to scroll through presets.
Not at this time but you can use your qwerty keyboard's arrows to change presets. Legend does also respond to midi program change messages (if I'm not mistaken, it's been a while since I've tried it. I'll try again later today just to be sure).
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

nori.lam wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:29 pm I dont own the Legend but was wondering if anyone know if there is a way to midi map the preset left/right buttons? I didnt see them in the cc implementation chart and I was hoping to not have to use the mouse to scroll through presets.
I save out the presets to my host format (Logic in my case) so I can use the host's preset browser to organise, search, and step through via key commands or MIDI controls in a consistent manner...

Thanks for the quick replies!

I am using Ableton with Push 2 and was hoping to avoid having to save the presets in Ableton to be able to browse with Push. But I did just find this M4L device that converts midi messages to qwerty commands, so this might just do the trick.

https://github.com/11ols/11strokes

I am away from my gear but will post back if I get it working :)

I just checked again and The Legend does respond to midi program changes. Your Push 2 doesn't have the ability to send Program Changes?

Maybe this will be of some help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ZTIX5ZNgE

Has been updated with genetics feature etc ;)

We have updated The Legend to version 1.5. This update adds the patch browser and Genetics function first introduced in DUNE 3.5.

Furthermore, this version contains Mac-specific enhancements:

NKS support added for Apple Silicon machines in native mode
(requires latest NI software updates).
AAX version supports Apple Silicon natively as well.
Enabling MIDI 2.0 in Logic now works properly when using the Audio Unit.
Updated the plug-in for macOS Ventura compatibility.

Seems like mpe is fixed for me (VST3 in windows). Cool. Browser is nice too.

Return to “Instruments”