ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Vortifex
KVRian
862 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Vortifex wrote:Quite surprised to discover that each new instance of Reelbus 4 in a project inflates my DAW's RAM usage by around 250mb. Seems very high to me, is that working as intended?
Plug-in installer 1.2.0 changelog
ReelBus 4.0.4
Improved memory efficiency

RAM usage reduced to around 35mb per instance now, nice :tu:

Winstontaneous
KVRian
1387 posts since 15 Feb, 2006 from Berkeley, CA

Re: ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:35 pm

Vortifex wrote:
Vortifex wrote:Quite surprised to discover that each new instance of Reelbus 4 in a project inflates my DAW's RAM usage by around 250mb. Seems very high to me, is that working as intended?
Plug-in installer 1.2.0 changelog
ReelBus 4.0.4
Improved memory efficiency

RAM usage reduced to around 35mb per instance now, nice :tu:
Thanks...does ToneBoosters actually send email notifications of new versions? I am subscribed to their newsletter and almost never get emails - have checked in Spam but no dice.

Beatworld
KVRist
438 posts since 31 Dec, 2010 from Perth

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Winstontaneous wrote:[q
Thanks...does ToneBoosters actually send email notifications of new versions?
Nope, about the only thing I don't like about Toneboosters.
I've been using their plugins for years and I've got used to checking their web site now and then to see if there has been an update.

Vortifex
KVRian

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:59 am

Dunno about the rest of their plugins, but if there's an update for Barricade and Reelbus it'll tell me in the top right corner of the UI. I don't get any emails though. Same with TAL.

badass_billy
KVRist
91 posts since 14 Jul, 2018

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:08 am

The developer is brilliant. One of the best in the business. Every tool he makes is great and useful. The limiter is one of the best in existence. Equalizer is out of this world and loaded with functionality. The bus compressor is uber transparent and similarly feature-loaded.

The price / quality ratio is out of this world. If I had to take one DSP developer with me to a desert island, it would be a tossup between Toneboosters guy and Tokyo Dawn guy (Fabien?).

Who doesn't love Toneboosters?

Beatworld
KVRist

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:39 am

Vortifex wrote:Dunno about the rest of their plugins, but if there's an update for Barricade and Reelbus it'll tell me in the top right corner of the UI. I don't get any emails though. Same with TAL.
With Barricade and Reelbus there is information in the top right corner telling me what version is installed, but I don't see any message telling me there is an update available ??

Vortifex
KVRian

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:48 am

Beatworld wrote:
Vortifex wrote:Dunno about the rest of their plugins, but if there's an update for Barricade and Reelbus it'll tell me in the top right corner of the UI. I don't get any emails though. Same with TAL.
With Barricade and Reelbus there is information in the top right corner telling me what version is installed, but I don't see any message telling me there is an update available ??
If an update is available it should say something like "Version 4.02 (4.03 available)".

Beatworld
KVRist

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:56 am

Vortifex wrote:
Beatworld wrote:
If an update is available it should say something like "Version 4.02 (4.03 available)".
Well, it doesn't here.
For Reelbus it just says Version 4.0.3

The TB downloads page says that the latest Release Installer is 1.2.0 which includes 4.0.4 of Reelbus.
I've tried it in Logic 10.4.1, DSP Quattro 5.08, Live 10.0.2 and Ozone Advanced 8.01.
So maybe it is a Mac AU thing, but that is the state of play here.
macOS 10.13.6

Return to “Effects”