Tone2 Saurus2...The Great Underrated?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

I've been using Fruity since version 2 or 3 and I'm still calling it that way... I find it very sympathic and nostalgic seeing some of the more experienced guys calling it so too :wink: And I don't think its meant to offend someone.

nicksohn wrote:Looks like saurus 2.5 is out.
Indeed. The site says that it's free update, but download seems to cost 59 euros. :o :lol:

Is there a correct link somewhere?

I need Win32 version...

Markku wrote:
Indeed. The site says that it's free update, but download seems to cost 59 euros. :o :lol:

I need Win32 version...
If you have a S2 license, they email it to you.
Mine came last night, check your spam or email them....

the download says upgrade, which it is, from S1 to S2..... as above S2 owners should have gotten an email with the link etc.
rsp
sound sculptist

Calling it Fruity Loops might also have legal implications, after all, IL only gave up Fruity Loops because they got sued by Kellogg's :P

Ingo must be happy, it is his favorite synth.

zvenx wrote:
Markku wrote:

I need Win32 version...

the download says upgrade, which it is, from S1 to S2..... as above S2 owners should have gotten an email with the link etc.
rsp
I got email with a link to upgrade (for 59 euros). But I have a Saurus 2 bought from Tone2 site.

It seems to me that they forgot to link full version and only have a link to buy upgrade.

Like I said, for those with S2, they send you an email with a private link with a unique password and username to download.
If indeed you have S2 and you didn't get such email, either it got blocked in your spam or they didn't send it to you.....

if the later i would email them to 'remind' them to do so.
rsp

Markku wrote:
zvenx wrote:
Markku wrote:

I need Win32 version...

rsp
I got email with a link to upgrade (for 59 euros). But I have a Saurus 2 bought from Tone2 site.

It seems to me that they forgot to link full version and only have a link to buy upgrade.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Like I said, for those with S2, they send you an email with a private link with a unique password and username to download.
If indeed you have S2 and you didn't get such email, either it got blocked in your spam or they didn't send it to you.....

if the later i would email them to 'remind' them to do so.
rsp
Yup. I just did that.

No worries, I have faith in Tone2. Probably they are sending e-mails manually, takes time that way.

v2.5:
More bass and warmer sound.
:lol:

Igro wrote:v2.5:
Yep Tone2 still have the most hilarious bullet lists of improvements for updates in the business. The one above isn't even close to the funniest.

How about such excellent enhancements as:
-Enhanced sound of microtuning.
-Saurus v2.5 'fits better to the mix'. :lol:
-More robustness.
-New knobs with enhanced performance.
-Parameters are more easy to adjust. (ummm are you sure this isn't the same bullet as the above?)

And for new features:
-Right-click on a knob opens a menu where you can assign a massive amount of modulation sources. (they can't just say "where you assign modulation sources", it has to be "a massive amount") :lol:

Their exaggerated lists just kill me. I remember the Gladiator 2 update still where they had a bullet for each knob of each new envelope.
-New knob: Envelope 2 Attack
-New knob: Envelope 2 Decay
-etc.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I can't take these guys seriously at all, which is too bad because some of the plugins don't sound bad.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Igro wrote:v2.5:
Yep Tone2 still have the most hilarious bullet lists of improvements for updates in the business. The one above isn't even close to the funniest.

How about such excellent enhancements as:
-Enhanced sound of microtuning.
-Saurus v2.5 'fits better to the mix'. :lol:
-More robustness.
-New knobs with enhanced performance.
-Parameters are more easy to adjust. (ummm are you sure this isn't the same bullet as the above?)

And for new features:
-Right-click on a knob opens a menu where you can assign a massive amount of modulation sources. (they can't just say "where you assign modulation sources", it has to be "a massive amount") :lol:

They're exaggerated lists just kill me. I remember the Gladiator 2 update still where they had a bullet for each knob of each new envelope.
-New knob: Envelope 2 Attack
-New knob: Envelope 2 Decay
-etc.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I can't take these guys seriously at all, which is too bad because some of the plugins don't sound bad.
Maybe they hired Trump's speech writer to do their ads?

- Better sound quality: New high-end resampling algorithm
- More linear frequency response in 'linear mode'
- Faster Volume Envelope for more punch
- Saurus v2.5 'fits better to the mix'

So I'm guessing then that Saurus v2.6 will fit EVEN better to the mix.
There will be even more linear frequency response in linear mode
An even faster volume for even more PUNCH!
And the side quality will be EVEEEEEEEEN MORE! better than the previous version, and the next version will be EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!

Every single upgrade version has improved sound quality, jeez, how bad was it to begin with?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Apart from the funny exaggerations, maybe it indeed does sound and work better than before. Anyone compared, yet?

This is usually the point when someone says that its not good for an update to change the sound of presets. Then another person points out that they sound identical in the old and new versions but the new ones sound better. Then I face palm.

'punch', 'bass', 'better mix'.
Teh kids will be happy. These notions work. :hyper:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Apart from the funny exaggerations, maybe it indeed does sound and work better than before. Anyone compared, yet?
The things i find better compared to the older version; the knobs react less glitchy, the background image and the knobs are softer and cleaner, i like the reverb a bit more.

I never used saurus for punchy stuff, so i can't say anything about that

Return to “Instruments”