KVRAF
4432 posts since 26 Apr, 2007 from Noosphere

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:38 am

Is flakes2 actually Markus from tone2?

fmr
KVRAF
10806 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:17 am

LeVzi wrote: You are attacking them on false preface, and if English isn't your first language then get a dictionary and don't rely on google translate.

You are talking out of your arse mate, maybe that's simple enough for you. The update was free, never paid and no one is missing you out of emails, contact T2 and ask for the update,contact T2 and ask for the update.
The fact that English is not my first language doesn't prevent me from writing clearly, and get myself understood. It's your fault if you don't know things, and are talking "out of your arse". The update (upgrade, whatever) from Saurus v1 to Saurus v2 was NOT free - it was paid. What is free is what came out AFTER v2, but only for v2 owners. So, if you don't know enough about Tone 2, STFO.

To make things worse, v2 was announced, in a previous state, as a free update, therefore, some users got it for free. And YES, there are people missing those stupid e-mails, as already noted in this thread. And it happened to me also, regarding Gladiator - IT HAPPENED TO ME. If you don't understand english, get back to school. I don't need Google, I am quite fluent in English and several other languages, contrary to you, that don't even understand your own.

And a v2 user shouldn't need to "contact T2 and ask for the update". What they should have to do is simply go to the website and download the update LIKE IT HAPPENS WITH EVERY OTHER VENDOR.

It doesn't need much to understand something so simple as this.
Fernando (FMR)

Examigan
KVRAF
6681 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:26 am

fmr wrote:
LeVzi wrote: You are attacking them on false preface, and if English isn't your first language then get a dictionary and don't rely on google translate.

You are talking out of your arse mate, maybe that's simple enough for you. The update was free, never paid and no one is missing you out of emails, contact T2 and ask for the update,contact T2 and ask for the update.
The fact that English is not my first language doesn't prevent me from writing clearly, and get myself understood. It's your fault if you don't know things, and are talking "out of your arse". The update (upgrade, whatever) from Saurus v1 to Saurus v2 was NOT free - it was paid. What is free is what came out AFTER v2, but only for v2 owners. So, if you don't know enough about Tone 2, STFO.

To make things worse, v2 was announced, in a previous state, as a free update, therefore, some users got it for free. And YES, there are people missing those stupid e-mails, as already noted in this thread. And it happened to me also, regarding Gladiator - IT HAPPENED TO ME. If you don't understand english, get back to school. I don't need Google, I am quite fluent in English and several other languages, contrary to you, that don't even understand your own.

And a v2 user shouldn't need to "contact T2 and ask for the update". What they should have to do is simply go to the website and download the update LIKE IT HAPPENS WITH EVERY OTHER VENDOR.

It doesn't need much to understand something so simple as this.
Sometimes vendor's email go to my spam/junk folder, (it's rare, but it happens) so I am always careful and check to see if I missed anything.

fmr
KVRAF

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:34 am

Examigan wrote: Sometimes vendor's email go to my spam/junk folder, (it's rare, but it happens) so I am always careful and check to see if I missed anything.
Sure, but that's not the point. The point is they shouldn't force users to depend on the links on those e-mails to get the updates. That they send e-mails warning users about the update is fine to me (many vendors do that). But we can get those updates ANYTIME by simply go to their website.

The problem with Tone 2 is that you may miss the e-mail and not be able to get the update, because the links don't exist in thir website AND, if you delete the e-mail and later need to download the update again, you will need to ask them AGAIN for the link because, as I said, you cannot get it anywhere else.

This is something that only Tone 2 does, AFAIK, and totally unjustified. Virsyn did that in the past too, and I got pissed because of that. Their links even expire with time, and if we had the need to download again, we had to e-mail them and aks for a new link. All this for something that needs an authorization file to run, which we don't get with the installer. So, what's the need of that?
Last edited by fmr on Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr
KVRAF

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:49 am

I have to say that I like Tone 2 synths. I have all of them, although Rayblaster and Saurus are still at v1, and I am not in the mood to "upgrade" them. It's not that I think any of them emulates any "classic" sound (even Saurus), it's more because all of them have their own "personal" and specific sound. Although I was pissed with all the Saurus "upgrade" episode, the recent updates for Electra 2 and Icarus made me look at them with more sympathy.

But this attitude with the recent Saurus 2 update seems like a step back, again. It's always the same story with Tone 2. When we think they finally got the message, they do something that pisses users once again.
Fernando (FMR)

fluffy_little_something
Banned
12897 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:55 am

I assume not putting the update on the public website helps fight pirating.
Sylenth1 updates are also not on the public website if I am not mistaken. When the synth tells me there is an update, I have to sign in to download the latest version.

fluffy_little_something
Banned
12897 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:07 am

TIMT wrote:The weird group delay shit (their so called psycho acoustic modelling)that is on all of their products pretty much ruins the bass,so they are relatively useless for that below about 80-90hz("useless"might be me projecting a bit.i'm just not that big a fan of "slow"bass),but they are cool if you are looking for something tremendously artificial sounding.i've always found that Allpass filters and anything that imparts a group delay and doesn't modulate over time has a very artificial,plastic aesthetic to them
No useful bass below 80-90 Hz? Not sure what that means. Can it do typical Moog synth basses or kick drums? Speaking of the latter, does it have oscillator retrigger + phase control? I don't see it on the GUI, but maybe it is hidden in the matrix.

fmr
KVRAF

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:43 am

fluffy_little_something wrote:I assume not putting the update on the public website helps fight pirating.
Sylenth1 updates are also not on the public website if I am not mistaken. When the synth tells me there is an update, I have to sign in to download the latest version.
You log in and get the update. Anytime, and without having to wait for an e-mail. That's the difference - a BIG difference.

Many vendors work like that - updates are in a reserved area, where you have to log in with your user account to get them. I'm fine with that, since I don't depend on an e-mail that may or may not arrive.
Last edited by fmr on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

chk071
KVRAF
31653 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:47 am

All fair enough, but, did you send Tone2 a message, or post in their forums to tell them that?

himalaya
KVRAF
5518 posts since 23 Mar, 2006 from pendeLondonmonium

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:55 am

fmr wrote:I have to say that I like Tone 2 synths. I have all of them, although Rayblaster and Saurus are still at v1, and I am not in the mood to "upgrade" them. It's not that I think any of them emulates any "classic" sound (even Saurus), it's more because all of them have their own "personal" and specific sound.
Yes, agreed (re: sound)

In terms of sound, there is a world of difference between some of these synths. There are some unique synthesis options on offer with Tone2 synths.

I have a particular love of Electra. It's a synth that oozes sublime sounds. The layering is so convenient for intricate sound design and gels with my workflow. It reminds me of Zebra is some ways. Very different "uber" synths, very different initial sound, but both have something cool in common in my mind.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

LeVzi
KVRAF
4564 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:28 am

fluffy_little_something wrote:I assume not putting the update on the public website helps fight pirating.
It is part of it. Piracy is a problem no matter who you are.

Can't really blame anyone for wanting to protect their work.
Stop looking back, you aren't going that way

chk071
KVRAF
31653 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:45 am

I'd rather put that in the "myths and legends" department though. The way i always read it, the crackers actually buy the plugins, and crack them then. So, hiding the download from anyone who is not a legit owner of the plugin won't really do anything. I have no idea why Markus does, but, he probably has his own reasons for it.

TIMT
KVRian
936 posts since 8 Mar, 2009

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:58 pm

fluffy_little_something wrote:
TIMT wrote:The weird group delay shit (their so called psycho acoustic modelling)that is on all of their products pretty much ruins the bass,so they are relatively useless for that below about 80-90hz("useless"might be me projecting a bit.i'm just not that big a fan of "slow"bass),but they are cool if you are looking for something tremendously artificial sounding.i've always found that Allpass filters and anything that imparts a group delay and doesn't modulate over time has a very artificial,plastic aesthetic to them
No useful bass below 80-90 Hz? Not sure what that means. Can it do typical Moog synth basses or kick drums? Speaking of the latter, does it have oscillator retrigger + phase control? I don't see it on the GUI, but maybe it is hidden in the matrix.
I did clearly outline that i was probably projecting quite a bit due to my detestment of "slow"bass meaning bass that is delayed due to some factor of group delay.that weird group delay processing that they call "psycho acoustic enhancement" or whatever such marketing spiel is the origin of that.i am not saying that is unusable i was stating that i personally would not use it for elements that play that low in the spectrum.retriggering of phase or a phase position adjustment of the oscillator waveform would not rectify this "issue"because the distribution of the frequencies phase happens in a non-linear fashion.it's longer the lower you go,creeping into the lower milliseconds which sounds really crap (to me)on large systems(which already have a shit tonne of group delay).i don't like minimum phase multiband plugins for the same reason.it's also evident in the top end too.sounds a bit smeared.i can't state with absolute certainty that it involves Allpass filters,but the house sound of Tone 2 has similar properties that i would associate with high order Allpass filters
I

surreal
KVRAF
2348 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:44 am

The latest Saurus update has a general improved sound to my taste and the drag and drop modulation is really great!!

Kudos to Tone2 and Markus for this update.

Great indeed!

Obvious561
KVRist
50 posts since 15 Aug, 2017

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:33 am

It's great to see Tone2 synths getting all updated, especially those that are free updates.

Return to “Instruments”