Tone2 Saurus2...The Great Underrated?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
simmo75
KVRAF
3355 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:52 am

You can get Saurus 2.5 at Audiodeluxe for $85.. Such a good price!
I'm going to demo it :)

How do users compare it with other analogue vst's, does it hold up as a handy synth in 2017?

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
20759 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:00 am

simmo75 wrote:You can get Saurus 2.5 at Audiodeluxe for $85.. Such a good price!
I'm going to demo it :)

How do users compare it with other analogue vst's, does it hold up as a handy synth in 2017?
I just went there and it's showing $99.

simmo75
KVRAF
3355 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:05 am

wagtunes wrote:
simmo75 wrote:You can get Saurus 2.5 at Audiodeluxe for $85.. Such a good price!
I'm going to demo it :)

How do users compare it with other analogue vst's, does it hold up as a handy synth in 2017?
I just went there and it's showing $99.
Did you add it to your cart?
it's $83.99 in my cart.

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
20759 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:31 am

simmo75 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
simmo75 wrote:You can get Saurus 2.5 at Audiodeluxe for $85.. Such a good price!
I'm going to demo it :)

How do users compare it with other analogue vst's, does it hold up as a handy synth in 2017?
I just went there and it's showing $99.
Did you add it to your cart?
it's $83.99 in my cart.
Well, it's all moot. I try to create an account and it won't let me. It keeps saying "Problem With Form Submission". I've tried 2 different browsers and same problem. So screw 'em if they don't want my business.

simmo75
KVRAF
3355 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:34 am

wagtunes wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
simmo75 wrote:You can get Saurus 2.5 at Audiodeluxe for $85.. Such a good price!
I'm going to demo it :)

How do users compare it with other analogue vst's, does it hold up as a handy synth in 2017?
I just went there and it's showing $99.
Did you add it to your cart?
it's $83.99 in my cart.
Well, it's all moot. I try to create an account and it won't let me. It keeps saying "Problem With Form Submission". I've tried 2 different browsers and same problem. So screw 'em if they don't want my business.
I wouldn't take it personally.
I've bought loads from them and never had a problem.

So I take it you think it's a good synth?

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
20759 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:36 am

simmo75 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
simmo75 wrote:You can get Saurus 2.5 at Audiodeluxe for $85.. Such a good price!
I'm going to demo it :)

How do users compare it with other analogue vst's, does it hold up as a handy synth in 2017?
I just went there and it's showing $99.
Did you add it to your cart?
it's $83.99 in my cart.
Well, it's all moot. I try to create an account and it won't let me. It keeps saying "Problem With Form Submission". I've tried 2 different browsers and same problem. So screw 'em if they don't want my business.
I wouldn't take it personally.
I've bought loads from them and never had a problem.

So I take it you think it's a good synth?
Yeah, I do. I wish I could buy it that cheap but apparently I can't.

Examigan
KVRAF
6682 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:47 am

Saurus 2 here for $84.15

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... rtual.html

The only thing is it doesn't say 2.5 but maybe you can contact them to be sure.
:)
Last edited by Examigan on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Doc Brown
KVRist
479 posts since 13 May, 2012 from Minnesota

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:22 am

So for me to upgrade from v1 is 70 dollars but to buy it outright from various sites it is around 85 dollars. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. So I'll save roughly 15 dollars by upgrading? Tone2 isn't getting a dime more out of me with that "upgrade" price scheme.

Actually, that is probably the worst customer upgrade price I have ever seen out of all the vendors I buy software from. Tone2 has every right to charge whatever they wish but I have every right to go elsewhere as well. I guess I just find it baffling if your goal is repeat customers... :?: :shrug:

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
10806 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:08 am

Doc Brown wrote:So for me to upgrade from v1 is 70 dollars but to buy it outright from various sites it is around 85 dollars. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. So I'll save roughly 15 dollars by upgrading? Tone2 isn't getting a dime more out of me with that "upgrade" price scheme.

Actually, that is probably the worst customer upgrade price I have ever seen out of all the vendors I buy software from. Tone2 has every right to charge whatever they wish but I have every right to go elsewhere as well. I guess I just find it baffling if your goal is repeat customers... :?: :shrug:
That's what I've been saying :shrug:

The upgrade price is insane, especially considering what's the added value of v2. So much so that, in a first approach, they were considering to launch v2 as a free upgrade to v1 users, and they even announced it somewhere. Therefore, there were users that, because they got that announcement, had v2 for free.

The rest of us, Saurus v1 users, are asked to pay 60% of the RRP, while new users may get it for just a couple of bucks more.
Fernando (FMR)

simmo75
KVRAF
3355 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:45 pm

I just bought Saurus 2 from Audiodeluxe.

I can't seem to find the free download link from 2 to 2.5, anyone know where it is?

Really weird site, theres a paid upgrade link from 1 to 2.5 but not a download link to 2.5...

chk071
KVRAF
31661 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:56 pm

The way i understood it, you'll have to shoot them a message to receive the links to the 2.5 download.

simmo75
KVRAF
3355 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:05 pm

chk071 wrote:The way i understood it, you'll have to shoot them a message to receive the links to the 2.5 download.
Thanks, just sent now...

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
20759 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:43 pm

Okay, figured out what the problem was. Audiodeluxe doesn't like AOL email addresses. I had to use my business address to register. All went well.

Now, am I understanding correctly? What I actually downloaded is 2.0 and I have to email Tone 2 to get 2.5?

simmo75
KVRAF
3355 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:53 pm

wagtunes wrote:Okay, figured out what the problem was. Audiodeluxe doesn't like AOL email addresses. I had to use my business address to register. All went well.

Now, am I understanding correctly? What I actually downloaded is 2.0 and I have to email Tone 2 to get 2.5?
That's how it appears to me.

I sent them an email so I guess we'll find out. (soon, hopefully).

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
20759 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:36 am

Links came in an email this morning.

Return to “Instruments”