Pro-R 2

im also thinking about getting it but i already got:

R4
all Valhallas
NI Reverbs (cause of komplete)
2CAudio Reverbs
Blackhole
Zynaptiq Verbs

but i love fabfilter and the great visual feedback + controls on pro-r are fantastic!

what i still lack is a dedicated IR Verb though, still thinking about Altiverb for it.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yeah, I also got all Valhallas, R2, Breeze 2, Little Plate and Blackhole. Already tried Pro-R three times before, and always thought I don't need it. But at this new low price... :hyper:

BDeep wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:56 am
e@rs wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:52 am Pro-R for 61 EUR in my account... Damn, I have to demo it again (4th time).

Anybody still use this thing? Like actually use it? Or it's just a toy left in a corner?
Yup I do, all the time. I find it complements more Lex-ish reverbs like VVV very well. It's more natural/transparent and just gives air and 3d spatialization. Great if you want say, drum sounds to have a bit of space but not want to clog up the mix and the groove with too much reverb tail.
Thanx! And indeed, I always found it so shy compared to the Valhallas. No 'Look at me!' at all.

Exactly, it's not as spectaculair in a way. So when demoing on individual sources, others may sound more "wow", but I found it's exactly what I need in a mix for quite a few types of tracks. ymmv and all that of course :)

It's absolutely underrated I think. I tried it on many sources and where I thought it might not fit, I just tweaked 2 or 3 parameters and voila. The continuously space selection is really nice, because it solved "either this or that" problems I had with other plugins. It's quite refreshing too to deal with meaningful parameters like "brightness", "character" and "distance" without knowing what exactly they internally do to the sound but just work. But one of the biggest features is the decay rate eq. Pretty unique in that way and being able to not only control intensity of certain frequency areas but also the length/smoothness/muddiness is very useful. I use this especially on busses.

I'd wish to have to have some sort of pre/post switchable eq (though I know this could make ProQ obsolete). And some more control to just leave the ER would be cool too.

It of course isn't my only used reverb but it fills many gaps.

FabFilter Pro-R and Zynaptiq Adaptiverb. The two verbs I’ll never part with. And those sweet Valhalla’s, particularly Room and VintageVerb.

Return to “Effects”