Elagabalus (Orchestral Track)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Everyone!

I'd love your feedback on this short (wip) orchestral composition.

https://soundcloud.com/whichcord/elagab ... al-excerpt

Let me know what could be improved!

No one?
But there must be something that you do not like about that piece! :)

OK, I'll bite!
It actually sounds excellent. The orchestra is nice and weighty, and well balanced. The music? I really need a few more minutes of it to comment.
Where is the rest of the piece?

Googly Smythe wrote:Where is the rest of the piece?
Hello, thanks for the feedback!

This piece is one of three pieces about the "disgusting" life of Elagabalus.
In this one I tried to describe his fear and attempt to flee and finally his assassination. Of course still wip!

Thanks again!

I like what I hear. It's a little hard to judge it out of it's whole but it is emotive and well orchestrated for effect and has good balance. This epcert does sound quite Wagnerian to me. I think your doing a fine job here and of course with any classical music endeavor it's about communicating a timeless theme.

Carry on!

:tu:

It's an excellent piece. The one thing about it that seems kind of curious is that you seem to have some dramatic major intervals on the brass that don't exactly say "fear and disgust" to me in a straightforward kind of way. Although it could be that you're going for something a bit more complex - a bit of pleasure mixed in with the fear and disgust, perhaps?

Great stuff in any case. Thanks for sharing!

[
fastlanephil wrote:I like what I hear. It's a little hard to judge it out of it's whole but it is emotive and well orchestrated for effect and has good balance. This epcert does sound quite Wagnerian to me. I think your doing a fine job here and of course with any classical music endeavor it's about communicating a timeless theme.

Carry on!

:tu:
Really glad you enjoyed it! Many thanks for the very nice words!

Sorry permanently spam alert :x

davidstiles wrote:It's an excellent piece
Thank you very much!
davidstiles wrote:The one thing about it that seems kind of curious is that you seem to have some dramatic major intervals on the brass that don't exactly say "fear and disgust" to me in a straightforward kind of way. Although it could be that you're going for something a bit more complex - a bit of pleasure mixed in with the fear and disgust, perhaps?
Indeed: "One man's meat is another man's poison" So yes, I think it is a very complex view. Good point, though! I have to think about that...
davidstiles wrote:Great stuff in any case. Thanks for sharing!
I greatly appreciate that. Thanks again David!

Great job! :-)

Nice piece bud, what software are you using.

Sononics wrote:Great job! :-)
Many thanks!

winkie00 wrote:Nice piece bud, what software are you using.
Cubase 8.5

I like dramaticity and the majestic vibe, good work on the expanded chords
Nicely done, short but effective.
This is built like an introductive piece, imo

Cheers

Laguna Rising wrote:I like dramaticity and the majestic vibe, good work on the expanded chords
Nicely done, short but effective.
This is built like an introductive piece, imo

Cheers
Hey, thanks for taking the time to listen to my music, glad you liked it!

Return to “Music Cafe”