Progressive Vocal Trance - Feel it (Original mix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Coxy
KVRian
677 posts since 31 Aug, 2004 from England !

Post Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:53 pm

Just need your thoughts & feelings on this?

- Created in Magix Samplitude
- Just two softsynths used for all synth elements, Spire and Strobe 2
- All Samplitude inbuilt FX minus the masterbus processing,

https://soundcloud.com/coxys/coxys-feel ... ix/s-L8fM8

Cheers
Last edited by Coxy on Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zexila
KVRAF
3194 posts since 18 Mar, 2008

Re: Thoughts?

Post Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:25 am

Awesome, vocals just works wonderfully, enjoyed every bit of it till 3:56, don't quite like the bass from there, go with the same one from 1:24, it works better, have more impact and leaves more room for other sounds too. :phones:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Coxy
KVRian
677 posts since 31 Aug, 2004 from England !

Re: Progressive Vocal Trance - Feel it (Original mix)

Post Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:05 am

Zexila wrote:Awesome, vocals just works wonderfully, enjoyed every bit of it till 3:56, don't quite like the bass from there, go with the same one from 1:24, it works better, have more impact and leaves more room for other sounds too. :phones:
Hey Zexila

Thank you very much, I've amended the bass slightly and cleaned up a few areas quite heavily. Appreciated the feedback.

Zexila
KVRAF
3194 posts since 18 Mar, 2008

Re: Progressive Vocal Trance - Feel it (Original mix)

Post Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:57 am

Think you shouldn't have any drums from 1:08, as I see it, it's just extended break/riser which works wonders because you tricked listener into thinking "Well, now it's gonna drop", from there tension really builds up (witnessed that numerous times on dance floor), so my suggestion is leave all the drums out from that part, enter it with explosion and automate reverb on all elements leading into wall of noise and filter it up until the end and drop it usually @1:24, of course all followed with riser effects and whatnot.

I hope you dig what I'm saying, it will really work better, more tension and expectation, more energy building up, better impact on 1:24 too.

Right now, you kinda tricked the listener, but there's no further energy building up, that was release of expectation from previous break, I can imagine myself like not knowing what to do, should I dance, should I wait for the riser, what is this, no bass, no energy, no urge, just kick pounding with snare standing in same spot...nothing worst than getting disappointed in the middle of the dance floor.

@1:38, you need explosion just like on @1:24, little riser before it couldn't hurt, keep the energy up all the time, use the stuff you got @2:09, that works, you got plenty of effects in that final break too, really use them throughout the track to keep energy flowing. :party:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Return to “Music Cafe”