Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
ENV1
KVRAF

2311 posts since 31 Aug, 2011

Postby ENV1; Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:44 am Re: Welcome back Cobalt.

Shemsu-Heru wrote:I may have been inspired by racks, but not that much :wink:

And by my black skin too, it would seem. :wink:

Speaking of which, (or the screenshot rather), the host where i used to upload all my images went offline some time ago and still hasnt come online again. And at this point i dont think it will ever come back either. So heres the screenshot once more on a hopefully more reliable hoster. Like i said, the basic design will remain more or less as it is now, but the window size and item dimensions and positions etcetera will be changed from portrait to landscape in order to use screen space more efficiently. I should be able to have this one finished around autumn or so.

click for fullsize
Shemsu-Heru
KVRer

19 posts since 26 Jun, 2018, from A 2 pas de la mer.

Postby Shemsu-Heru; Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:56 pm Re: Welcome back Cobalt.

ENV1 wrote:

ENV1,

In fact by a lot of created skins. Lots of yours have very interesting "Elements positions".
So thank you all...
ENV1
KVRAF

Postby ENV1; Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:55 am Re: Welcome back Cobalt.

No, i meant the labeling.

Like the 'Analog/Digital Hybrid Synthesizer' at the top.

And Voice Mode, Glide Time, Mod. Intensity, Bend Range, etcetera.

These labels are not on the factory skin (i did some re-labeling there) so i knew they came from the black skin screenshot.

(Not that thats a problem, i just noticed because it looked familiar.) :)
Shemsu-Heru
KVRer

19 posts since 26 Jun, 2018, from A 2 pas de la mer.

Postby Shemsu-Heru; Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:29 am Re: Welcome back Cobalt.

My bad.... :ud:
After a check through all the pages, I used the labels from Layzer which is in the end a modification from yours.
Thank you
fmr
KVRAF

7447 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:05 am Re: Welcome back Cobalt.

ENV1 wrote:

Speaking of which, (or the screenshot rather), the host where i used to upload all my images went offline some time ago and still hasnt come online again. And at this point i dont think it will ever come back either. So heres the screenshot once more on a hopefully more reliable hoster. Like i said, the basic design will remain more or less as it is now, but the window size and item dimensions and positions etcetera will be changed from portrait to landscape in order to use screen space more efficiently. I should be able to have this one finished around autumn or so.

click for fullsize

Looks great, as I already wrote, Please let us know as soon as you finish it. :tu:
Fernando (FMR)
ENV1
KVRAF

Postby ENV1; Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:34 am Re: Welcome back Cobalt.

I had an idea.

Considering that Cobalt is a digital/analog wavetable hybrid, it stands to reason that the name 'Cobalt' was chosen because the PPG wave, which is also a digital/analog wavetable hybrid, was cobalt-blue in color.

So maybe it would be kind of fitting to take this a step further and make an UI similar to the one i made for the PPG wave 2.2 by Waldorf? Since the resources are already done im sure i could adapt these as required, which should speed up the process quite a bit.

What do you think?

click thumbnail to load image, then click into image to enlarge to fullsize
fmr
KVRAF

7447 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:40 am Re: Welcome back Cobalt.

ENV1 wrote:I had an idea.

Considering that Cobalt is a digital/analog wavetable hybrid, it stands to reason that the name 'Cobalt' was chosen because the PPG wave, which is also a digital/analog wavetable hybrid, was cobalt-blue in color.

So maybe it would be kind of fitting to take this a step further and make an UI similar to the one i made for the PPG wave 2.2 by Waldorf? Since the resources are already done im sure i could adapt these as required, which should speed up the process quite a bit.

What do you think?

Please no. As much as I like the PPG WAve, I never liked that bright blue. especially in a computer screen. Follow the panel layout, if you want to, but please, use your previous color scheme.
Fernando (FMR)
Halonmusic
KVRAF

1538 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:08 am Re: Welcome back Cobalt.

ENV1 wrote:I had an idea.

What do you think?

Yes please!
theorize
KVRist

343 posts since 26 Nov, 2007

Postby theorize; Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:20 pm Re: Welcome back Cobalt.

sweet! I did buy this back in the day but don't know what I did with the files and don't even have access to the email I bought it with. I'm going to have to dl it I remember it sounding pretty good.

Also bought the chorus man that thing was nice and had the phaser I think that was magware if I remember right.
Wouldn't mind having those again, I really have do dig through my disks I bet they're somewhere on disk.
In the future there will be robots!
BlackWinny
KVRAF

3500 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:46 pm Re: Welcome back Cobalt.

theorize wrote:sweet! I did buy this back in the day but don't know what I did with the files and don't even have access to the email I bought it with. I'm going to have to dl it I remember it sounding pretty good.

Also bought the chorus man that thing was nice and had the phaser I think that was magware if I remember right.
Wouldn't mind having those again, I really have do dig through my disks I bet they're somewhere on disk.

Hem...
All these things from Leslie are free. Even Cobalt since November 2016.
You can get them all here:
http://www.lesliesanford.com/vst/plugins/
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
JerGoertz
KVRAF

2052 posts since 19 Feb, 2004

Postby JerGoertz; Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:56 pm Re: Welcome back Cobalt.

theorize wrote:sweet! I did buy this back in the day but don't know what I did with the files and don't even have access to the email I bought it with. I'm going to have to dl it I remember it sounding pretty good.

Yeah, the phaser was CM magware and still sounds great.
A well-behaved signature.
Previous

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments