Focusrite Plugin Collective

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: R2

Russell Grand wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:38 pm I like Puremagnetik plugs so I'm disappointed to see that the supposed Puremagnetik offer is not in my account. However, I am a fan of VG-Iron so I'm still happy!
I think the Focusrite offers are tied to "tiers", which are based upon which Focusrite/Novation products you own. There was some talk here about that last year.

That said, if you like Puremagnetik (and supporting indie artists), here's something that might interest you, from an e-mail I received earlier this week:
"Puremagnetik experimental duo Larum - known for their signature tape drones and dreamy, ambient soundscapes - invite you into their world with a complementary plugin.

Pledge $1 or more to their new album All the Roads and download Weave for free (included in the Bandcamp download). Weave is a buffer manipulator, space and soundscape machine inspired by drone and tape music. Now Larum have made this tool available for you to use in your studio too!"

So basically, you get Puremagnetik's Weave for free if you pledge $1 or more for All the Roads, by Larum. I'm not affiliated with either of them, but it sounds like a win/win scenario to me!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:15 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:38 pm I like Puremagnetik plugs so I'm disappointed to see that the supposed Puremagnetik offer is not in my account. However, I am a fan of VG-Iron so I'm still happy!
I think the Focusrite offers are tied to "tiers", which are based upon which Focusrite/Novation products you own. There was some talk here about that last year.

That said, if you like Puremagnetik (and supporting indie artists), here's something that might interest you, from an e-mail I received earlier this week:
"Puremagnetik experimental duo Larum - known for their signature tape drones and dreamy, ambient soundscapes - invite you into their world with a complementary plugin.

Pledge $1 or more to their new album All the Roads and download Weave for free (included in the Bandcamp download). Weave is a buffer manipulator, space and soundscape machine inspired by drone and tape music. Now Larum have made this tool available for you to use in your studio too!"

So basically, you get Puremagnetik's Weave for free if you pledge $1 or more for All the Roads, by Larum. I'm not affiliated with either of them, but it sounds like a win/win scenario to me!

Steve
Oh okay, the tiers explanation makes sense. I'm gonna jump on that $1 deal, that's awesome! Thank you, Steve. :tu:

I think the Focusrite product owners getting Sound Collective offers thing is a glitch.
It's happened before and then Focusrite corrects the mistake. The Sound Collective is supposed to be for Novation product owners only but for whatever reason their system screws it up from time to time.

That's too bad that they corrected the problem mid promo this time after some of you guys were expecting to get the Puremagnetik stuff though.

Local Man wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:06 am I think the Focusrite product owners getting Sound Collective offers thing is a glitch.
It's happened before and then Focusrite corrects the mistake. The Sound Collective is supposed to be for Novation product owners only but for whatever reason their system screws it up from time to time.

That's too bad that they corrected the problem mid promo this time after some of you guys were expecting to get the Puremagnetik stuff though.
Right. The Plugin Collective is for Focusrite hardware owners, and the Sound Collective is for Novation hardware owners. And from time to time, some of us do get both. That said, I do have some Novation software registered, so that's probably how they threw my name into the hat. When you log into either site and go to the Plugin Collective (via Focusrite's site) or Sound Collective (via Novatio's site), you're still sent to the same place. Somehow, in setting up this new portal, they merged or corrupted some accounts, and now some people get both, while some get none at all. But I've found Focusrite's support team to be very helpful in resolving issues like this.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

In case anyone cares: up until yesterday, the Ujam VG Iron giveaway said it ran until November 7th. When I signed into Focusrite last night to see what the new giveaway was, the Ujam VG Iron deal is still up there with an end date no longer listed. I e-mailed Focusrite to see if/when there would be a new offering; haven't gotten a response yet.

Russell Grand wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:30 pm In case anyone cares: up until yesterday, the Ujam VG Iron giveaway said it ran until November 7th. When I signed into Focusrite last night to see what the new giveaway was, the Ujam VG Iron deal is still up there with an end date no longer listed. I e-mailed Focusrite to see if/when there would be a new offering; haven't gotten a response yet.
On the plugin collective web page it now shows the end date as Nov. 14.
Maybe they are struggling to find new partners for this or it might just be an issue with hammering out their terms or something.

Local Man wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:05 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:30 pm In case anyone cares: up until yesterday, the Ujam VG Iron giveaway said it ran until November 7th. When I signed into Focusrite last night to see what the new giveaway was, the Ujam VG Iron deal is still up there with an end date no longer listed. I e-mailed Focusrite to see if/when there would be a new offering; haven't gotten a response yet.
On the plugin collective web page it now shows the end date as Nov. 14.
Maybe they are struggling to find new partners for this or it might just be an issue with hammering out their terms or something.
Ah okay, I didn't see the new date listed.

I think you're right about Focusrite having trouble finding devs to give away their software. The Collective used to offer a new giveaway or discount every single month, then it went to every other month, I imagine for that very reason. Can't complain though, I've acquired some incredible software through the Plugin Collective. :D

Thanks, Local Man.

Its because of Maintance that will happen on november 13th and not because finding partners.

They have partners set aside weeks if not months ahead.

It's probably still true though that every month was a bit too much for them. Honestly I'd rather see them fewer giveaways with better stuff than churn one out every month with low effort low quality crap.
No signature here!

Anyone used these puremagnetik Freebies? Are they any good?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:01 pm Anyone used these puremagnetik Freebies? Are they any good?
I think they're fun but it's definitely a matter of taste.
If you are in to Lofi stuff at all then they're certainly worth a shot.

Local Man wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:29 pm
telecode wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:01 pm Anyone used these puremagnetik Freebies? Are they any good?
I am debating. Perhaps wait until after Dec 2 to register my keyboard. Maybe Novation will have a different freebie.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:44 pm
I am debating. Perhaps wait until after Dec 2 to register my keyboard. Maybe Novation will have a different freebie.
No, it doesn't matter. If you register now, you will get this and all future Sound Collective offers.
(At least that's how these offers have worked so far.)

Local Man wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:12 pm
No, it doesn't matter. If you register now, you will get this and all future Sound Collective offers.
Oh yeah? The past ones as well. I think there was this one that looked really promising on their past offers page.

telecode wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:17 pm
Local Man wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:12 pm
Oh yeah? The past ones as well. I think there was this one that looked really promising on their past offers page.
Unfortunately not past. But present and future, yes.
If turns out to be like the plugin collective (the Focusrite brand specific promo that's been going on longer) then they will end up repeating several of the offers over time.

Return to “Effects”