Waiting on support for 7 months - any thoughts?

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought a Keylab at the beginning of the year. The keys stuck, so I contacted support. Months later I received a new keybed, but it has the same issue: the keys stick very hard and require constant depressing of all of the keys to be playable. This is different from all other keyboards I have played, including other Keylabs.

So it's 7 months now after the first request. I purchased a new keyboard, because the Keylab is defective and largely unplayable. I was told I would get a new keybed at some point, but when that will arrive is a mystery.

Is there any recourse here? I wish I purchased from Sweetwater so they would have taken care of it, but instead I made the purchase on Amazon and was only entitled to a one month return period.

Hello Penelope.
Sorry to read that.
Can you please provide your ticket number ?
I will take care of your replacement keybed.
Best Regards
Edouard

PM'd.

Hi,

I received the keybed and installed it around 12/20. It was perfect, but I think it's gradually starting to stick again.

My thought is that the problem is because of the grease applied between the back of the key and the surface that it sits on. It hardens in time (whether that be a week or two, or a few minutes) and then sticks, requiring a hard push that essentially launches the key in an odd way.

Would it be possible to check on that? I wonder if applying a different lubricant (WD-40?) would fix the issues...

I've replied by PM.
Best
Edouard

Just FYI - Arturia tech support has provided no solution. Arturia has some nice software, but the hardware is terrible.

Hello.
I'm not sure to understand.
I just checked your case and your new keybed has been shipped on the December 19th.
So for me everything is solved here..
Best Regards
Edouard

This was not resolved. I gave the new Keybed many months to see if it would settle in, like I was told.

There is something else that must be wrong with these keyboards.

There are obviously some serious QA issues (the sustain pedal is even mapped backwards and has to be re-synced with a fix every once in a while).

And I can't sell this in good conscience knowing that the product is a lemon.

Never again Arturia.

maybe there are not enough users affected. that's why they don't fix the firmware for SparkLE.
not buying Arturia products is the way to go. action speaks louderthan words they say...

dermichl wrote: not buying Arturia products is the way to go. action speaks louderthan words they say...
Agree completely. I own 3 Arturia products, and was intrigued by the Matrixbrute but decided to look elsewhere after this ordeal.

Return to “Arturia”