Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
D-Fusion
KVRAF
3852 posts since 13 Jul, 2004 from Earth

Post Sat May 07, 2022 12:37 am

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:13 pm Does anybody know if there's a way to shut off the constant notifications coming from the Roland Cloud Manager? I assume that there's not, because I don't see any settings or options within the app itself.

It's telling me practically daily that I have updates, so I'll open the app and check and nope, nothing there for anything that I own, so I just close it and I get back to whatever else I was doing.

All of my Roland Cloud stuff is up to date, so I know when the app keeps letting me know that there's an update, I know that it's bogus most of the time.

I'd rather check manually once a month or something for updates instead of having bogus notifications coming from the app practically daily.
You can turn off Roland Cloud on startup if you click on the icon at the bottom with your name on it and select Preferences.

Synth Master Jedi
Banned
456 posts since 21 Jun, 2013

Post Sat May 07, 2022 12:50 am

D-Fusion wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:37 am
You can turn off Roland Cloud on startup if you click on the icon at the bottom with your name on it and select Preferences.
There it was, thanks! I just turned off notifications and launch at startup.

I've been using it for a couple of years, but I guess that late is better than never. :)

D-Fusion
KVRAF
3852 posts since 13 Jul, 2004 from Earth

Post Sat May 07, 2022 1:41 am

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:50 am
D-Fusion wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 12:37 am
There it was, thanks! I just turned off notifications and launch at startup.

I've been using it for a couple of years, but I guess that late is better than never. :)
:tu:

ProfK
KVRer
2 posts since 8 May, 2022

Post Sat May 07, 2022 11:25 pm

I think should waiting their release should we added S-550 VST plugin into cloud soon now.

OllieBoi
KVRist
44 posts since 3 May, 2022

Post Sun May 08, 2022 10:50 am

ProfK wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:25 pm I think should waiting their release should we added S-550 VST plugin into cloud soon now.
I wonder why Roland would create an S-550 emulation. The S-770 was the pinnacle of their sampling technology.

zvenx
KVRAF
11107 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Sun May 08, 2022 11:05 am

Whilst I do agree that the S-770 was the pinnacle, back then the goal was very different.. Realism was primary goal.. Now using 'vintage' gear realism I suggest is no longer the primary goal.

rsp
sound sculptist

Cochrane
KVRist
110 posts since 5 Oct, 2001

Post Sun May 08, 2022 11:11 am

For me there are some more gems to be considered also for emulation:
- V-Synth/V-Synth 2/V-Synth GT
- Super JX/MKS-70
- JD-990
- R-8/R-8mkII Drum machine (maybe embedding all expansion cards)
- S-550 and S-770 plus library compatibility (ISO CD-ROM, floppy images, etc.)
- maybe a little gift: MC-505/MC-909

WatchTheGuitar
KVRAF
10832 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Sun May 08, 2022 11:17 am

Just my opinion, but I'd rather they implement S-550/S-xxxx style bitcrushers in their FX so you could use them with whatever modern day Samplers or tech you'd like. That old school sampler workflow was horribly slow. I don't understand why anyone would want that back.

"I'm over here, just a lonely turd floating in a pickle jar by myself. Is that how this works?"
https://soundcloud.com/main_tenant

Synth Master Jedi
Banned
456 posts since 21 Jun, 2013

Post Sun May 08, 2022 11:22 am

I'm not interested in any old Roland samplers, but I'd like to see some more vintage gear coming to the cloud, such as a few more of their vintage, classic drum machines. As long as there still exists some old cool gear that Roland hasn't yet ported to the cloud, then there is still work left to be done, imo.

It's cool that 707,727,808 and stuff like the 909 are there, but there is still more to go, machines which came before those machines and some that came after.

ProfK
KVRer
2 posts since 8 May, 2022

Post Sun May 08, 2022 4:59 pm

OllieBoi wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:50 am
ProfK wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:25 pm I think should waiting their release should we added S-550 VST plugin into cloud soon now.
I wonder why Roland would create an S-550 emulation. The S-770 was the pinnacle of their sampling technology.
Agree

N 4 LIFE
KVRer
16 posts since 5 Jan, 2022

Post Sun May 08, 2022 11:24 pm

Yup. Great insights ITT by keyboardists. Most important thing I saw here was NEVER DEPEND on Roland VSTs for a live show. You're doomed. Auto Sampler is your only option. Otherwise, fake the Rolands with Logic ES2 which is an excellent synth that you can use offline.

jamcat
KVRAF
2064 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Mon May 09, 2022 2:49 pm

Why Logic?
There are plenty of Roland models by other developers that don’t require a DAW or a Mac.

Arturia, Softube, TAL, AudioRealism, d16
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Brian.McClelland
KVRist
108 posts since 18 Sep, 2020

Post Mon May 09, 2022 4:04 pm

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:17 am Just my opinion, but I'd rather they implement S-550/S-xxxx style bitcrushers in their FX so you could use them with whatever modern day Samplers or tech you'd like. That old school sampler workflow was horribly slow. I don't understand why anyone would want that back.
Hi, WatchTheGuitar! Great idea. We have had several requests for the S50/S-550 and I usually recommend the same thing. ZENOLOGY FX features an effect called Lo-fi Compress that emulates the preamp of classic Roland samplers, with more flexible parameters. This is one of my favorites, personally, as I still run most of my tracks through an SP-404SX at some point. Now I just drop ZENOLOGY FX on the track and skip the bouncing back and forth. Thanks!

OllieBoi
KVRist
44 posts since 3 May, 2022

Post Tue May 10, 2022 7:58 pm

Hi Brian,

It is my understanding that the Juno-X includes Juno 60 and Juno 106 Zen-core models along with the new Juno-X engine. Firstly, is the Juno 106 model in the Juno-X the same model that is offered through Roland Cloud (as a Zen-core model expansion and not the "Legendary" / ACB Juno 106 plugin)?

Secondly, are there plans to make the Juno-X model available through Roland Cloud? While I really like the styling of the new Juno-X, I just don't have space for another keyboard. It would be great to have the Juno-X model available as software in order to take advantage of all the new features (separate envelopes for pitch, filter, and amplitude, a more capable and expansive FX section, etc.).

Please let us know.

Thanks!

trusampler
KVRAF
1506 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Post Thu May 12, 2022 11:40 am

These are my questions as well. I took a look at the Juno X documentation - ( Sound List ) https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_pr ... 2ccd0fde6/ and the Roland Juno Model ( 106 ) looks like it's exactly like what's in the Zenology Pro,Fantom, Jupiter X ( for the ( 106 ). Is it an updated model? Who knows, Roland hasn't made any statements from anything I've seen YET.

They also have a JUNO X and JUNO 60 model,with Patches that are not in Zenology Pro YET.. I'd be curious if it's going to be implemented in the Cloud or our Fantoms, Jupiter X's..
Cpu:Win10/Intel Core i9-10900K
Interface:Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core/UA Apollo Rack/SSL UF8+UC1
Synths: Sequential Prophet 10/Arturia Polybrute/Roland Fantom7/Deepmind 12/Waldorf M/Korg OPsix/Akai Mpc

Return to “Instruments”