Developer Challenge 2016 Rules - Violations and Prize Distribution criticism

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Compyfox wrote:What a way to tick off the KVR community and criticizing those that don't swim with the masses...
Calm down, bro.

Ivan_C was and is right on this. No matter how taunting my analogy was.

Compyfox wrote:Maybe we need an additional layer of security during the submission period, or 1-3 days between the final day of the entry submission and the challenge voting process to check if all entries are legit. That assumes, that the people submitting already have a webpage and don't lie to the challenge hosts.
I like this idea. Maybe a short vetting period where KVR can address any potential violations before the contest. Seems like a good solution, but it would require time. Perhaps a couple 'non-partial' volunteers could be assigned the task.

There's no need for us to argue about this, the challenge organizer sets and enforces the rules as they see fit.

That is indeed a valid point.

However... think of the bad press if rules are not(!) enforced....
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Have you approached Ben about this? Or someone else?

This is the thing... there are no ways of official contact.

I could indeed forward this to Ben (and the other mods) in the next 10 minutes... but I'm not envisioning any response anytime soon.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Point 3 should have been stopped by the organizers before testing was started.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Though in their defense... if the system is automated (from submissions to release)...

Who will check and validate the entries?

Compyfox > I think we can agree on a few things, like the fact that a lot of things can be improved with the KVR DC (which is normal) but I think also that Mr. Wavesfactory deserves an apology from you if you have understood my point

I think I have made my point clear with editing my first post.

I still find it strange though. And in fact, since I can only vote for 5 plugins in this challenge, my points belong to other devs.

Compyfox wrote:I think I have made my point clear with editing my first post.
I think dictionaries going to use this in its next edition as an example of "mealy mouthed".

Compyfox wrote:I think I have made my point clear with editing my first post.

I still find it strange though. And in fact, since I can only vote for 5 plugins in this challenge, my points belong to other devs.
Quoted in case you decide to change this post.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

OK, so it is totally fine to write that the work of a dev is "strange" just because you are not able to understand that he has improved the concept of something he did a few years ago, and took that concept as an opportunity to release something on his own as a beginner.

You have the right to have opinions, and you have the right to vote for who you wants. But your attitude is not understandable.

Compyfox wrote:This is the thing... there are no ways of official contact.

I could indeed forward this to Ben (and the other mods) in the next 10 minutes... but I'm not envisioning any response anytime soon.
I think that'd be just Ben. I have nothing to do with the DC and to the best of my knowledge neither do the other mods. I could be mistaken about the other mods, but in any case I'd start with Ben, who can be contacted the same as always.
No longer a moderator.

As a side note : in the beginning of the KVR DC, one of the first things I did was sending a PM to Ben to ask him if it would be fine to move the KVR DC section on top of the list of the sections, since it was in the bottom at the beginning when the voting period started. It was like that the other times so... He did the move the Monday (I have sent him the message a Sunday). So that's a fast answer.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”