Any alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
jerrybeomsoo
KVRer
6 posts since 1 Jan, 2017

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:28 am

Hello! I am interested in making soundfonts and made some soundfonts with the Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter function. However, when I convert these VSTi to soundfont, some of the audio samples of the soundfont cuts off. It sounds about 2 seconds and mutes. When I check that sample in the audio editor, the audio spectrum is cut too. So I want to find alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter function, but can not find it.... Is there any alternatives to this program?

Musical Gym
KVRAF
4622 posts since 24 May, 2004 from square1

Re: Any alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter?

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:00 am

discoDSP
KVRAF
3651 posts since 18 Jul, 2002

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:43 am

Try Bliss http://www.discodsp.com/bliss/ it can do 24-bit SFZ.
discoDSP Plug-Ins | Synths | Sampler | Effects

whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
26130 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:52 am

jerrybeomsoo wrote:Hello! I am interested in making soundfonts and made some soundfonts with the Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter function. However, when I convert these VSTi to soundfont, some of the audio samples of the soundfont cuts off. It sounds about 2 seconds and mutes. When I check that sample in the audio editor, the audio spectrum is cut too. So I want to find alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter function, but can not find it.... Is there any alternatives to this program?
Are you using a paid-for version or the demo?
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

fmr
KVRAF
7635 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:54 am

Awave Studio, from FMJ Soft, is my first choice when it comes to these.
Fernando (FMR)

JDK88
KVRer
11 posts since 11 Apr, 2014

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:18 pm

I just do it manually.

1. Open your DAW.
2. Load the vsti
3. write down the notes you want to sample
4. Export as wav
5. Use Audacity's sound finder to split the samples.
6. Export to multiple files

jerrybeomsoo
KVRer

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:53 pm

whyterabbyt wrote:
jerrybeomsoo wrote:Hello! I am interested in making soundfonts and made some soundfonts with the Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter function. However, when I convert these VSTi to soundfont, some of the audio samples of the soundfont cuts off. It sounds about 2 seconds and mutes. When I check that sample in the audio editor, the audio spectrum is cut too. So I want to find alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter function, but can not find it.... Is there any alternatives to this program?
Are you using a paid-for version or the demo?
I'm using paid version.

digitalboytn
KVRian
1209 posts since 8 Dec, 2008 from Global Cowboy

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:19 pm

You have to set up the hold and release times in ESC...

I think that you should check those parameters...

I would say that "human error" is to blame here :wink:
Sorry - I don't use auto-tune....

TrekStar
KVRian
1138 posts since 6 Jun, 2002 from Southern Germany

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:14 am

it's really a pity that the development of exsc was dropped a Long time ago...

mumpcake
KVRian
624 posts since 27 Aug, 2004

Post Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:42 am

I hope he's doing ok. I heard there was a while before version 3 came out he was ill and unable to work on it for a long time.

The market for sample converters has been shrinking for a few reasons:
1. A higher prevalence of copy protected samples
2. A number of these sample libraries contain a lot of scripting. So even if you could convert the samples, you would not be able to have the advantages the scripting offers.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

jerrybeomsoo
KVRer

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:25 am

Thanks for the news!

jerrybeomsoo
KVRer

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:27 am

digitalboytn wrote:
You have to set up the hold and release times in ESC...

I think that you should check those parameters...

I would say that "human error" is to blame here :wink:
It does not work....

wehkah
KVRist
80 posts since 8 Oct, 2007

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:11 am

It's a older thread but i just want to know if someone has a info if Extreme Sample Converter is discontinued. I wrote a few mails but no response from the developer.

Orbit-50
KVRAF
2123 posts since 29 Jun, 2005 from La La Land

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:10 pm

wehkah wrote:It's a older thread but i just want to know if someone has a info if Extreme Sample Converter is discontinued. I wrote a few mails but no response from the developer.
It's been dead for a long time. I really wish Wlodzimierz had kept on developing it. It was the best converter software out there as far as value and workflow.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

chickeneps
KVRist
411 posts since 24 Apr, 2002

Post Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:00 am

Translator 6 includes a powerful AutoSampler. It records anything - external and internal - and converts to pretty much every single format - software, hardware, everything. it works on Mac and Windows, up to the latest versions on each and down to OSX 10.4 Tiger and XP.

Translator is hitting it's 20 year mark, and the company is one of the sampler pioneers and has been around for over 30 years. Translator has always been fully supported 24/7; always was, always will be for the next 20 years. Currently, over 100,000 licenses have been sold and distributed. It also sells for LESS than any other conversion software. It is the gold standard.

See the AutoSampler video. https://youtu.be/Vt8EM4zrSQY
Garth Hjelte
Chicken Systems, Inc.
support@chickensys.com
http://www.chickensys.com

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”