Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
jerrybeomsoo
KVRer

6 posts since 1 Jan, 2017

Postby jerrybeomsoo; Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:28 am Any alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter?

Hello! I am interested in making soundfonts and made some soundfonts with the Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter function. However, when I convert these VSTi to soundfont, some of the audio samples of the soundfont cuts off. It sounds about 2 seconds and mutes. When I check that sample in the audio editor, the audio spectrum is cut too. So I want to find alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter function, but can not find it.... Is there any alternatives to this program?
Musical Gym
KVRAF

4906 posts since 23 May, 2004, from square1

Postby Musical Gym; Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:00 am Re: Any alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter?

discoDSP
KVRAF

3558 posts since 17 Jul, 2002

Postby discoDSP; Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:43 am Re: Any alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter?

Try Bliss http://www.discodsp.com/bliss/ it can do 24-bit SFZ.
discoDSP Plug-Ins | Synths | Sampler | Effects
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

26004 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:52 am Re: Any alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter?

jerrybeomsoo wrote:Hello! I am interested in making soundfonts and made some soundfonts with the Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter function. However, when I convert these VSTi to soundfont, some of the audio samples of the soundfont cuts off. It sounds about 2 seconds and mutes. When I check that sample in the audio editor, the audio spectrum is cut too. So I want to find alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter function, but can not find it.... Is there any alternatives to this program?

Are you using a paid-for version or the demo?
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
fmr
KVRAF

7403 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:54 am Re: Any alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter?

Awave Studio, from FMJ Soft, is my first choice when it comes to these.
Fernando (FMR)
JDK88
KVRer

11 posts since 10 Apr, 2014

Postby JDK88; Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:18 pm Re: Any alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter?

I just do it manually.

1. Open your DAW.
2. Load the vsti
3. write down the notes you want to sample
4. Export as wav
5. Use Audacity's sound finder to split the samples.
6. Export to multiple files
jerrybeomsoo
KVRer

Postby jerrybeomsoo; Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:53 pm Re: Any alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter?

whyterabbyt wrote:
jerrybeomsoo wrote:Hello! I am interested in making soundfonts and made some soundfonts with the Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter function. However, when I convert these VSTi to soundfont, some of the audio samples of the soundfont cuts off. It sounds about 2 seconds and mutes. When I check that sample in the audio editor, the audio spectrum is cut too. So I want to find alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter function, but can not find it.... Is there any alternatives to this program?

Are you using a paid-for version or the demo?

I'm using paid version.
digitalboytn
KVRian

1108 posts since 7 Dec, 2008, from Global Cowboy

Postby digitalboytn; Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:19 pm Re: Any alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter?

You have to set up the hold and release times in ESC...

I think that you should check those parameters...

I would say that "human error" is to blame here :wink:
Sorry - I don't use auto-tune....
TrekStar
KVRian

1143 posts since 5 Jun, 2002, from Southern Germany

Postby TrekStar; Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:14 am Re: Any alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter?

it's really a pity that the development of exsc was dropped a Long time ago...
mumpcake
KVRian

593 posts since 26 Aug, 2004

Postby mumpcake; Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:42 am Re: Any alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter?

I hope he's doing ok. I heard there was a while before version 3 came out he was ill and unable to work on it for a long time.

The market for sample converters has been shrinking for a few reasons:
1. A higher prevalence of copy protected samples
2. A number of these sample libraries contain a lot of scripting. So even if you could convert the samples, you would not be able to have the advantages the scripting offers.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/
jerrybeomsoo
KVRer

Postby jerrybeomsoo; Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:25 am Re: Any alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter?

Thanks for the news!
jerrybeomsoo
KVRer

Postby jerrybeomsoo; Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:27 am Re: Any alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter?

digitalboytn wrote:

You have to set up the hold and release times in ESC...

I think that you should check those parameters...

I would say that "human error" is to blame here :wink:

It does not work....
wehkah
KVRist

80 posts since 8 Oct, 2007

Postby wehkah; Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:11 am Re: Any alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter?

It's a older thread but i just want to know if someone has a info if Extreme Sample Converter is discontinued. I wrote a few mails but no response from the developer.
Orbit-50
KVRAF

2104 posts since 28 Jun, 2005, from La La Land

Postby Orbit-50; Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:10 pm Re: Any alternatives to Extreme Sample Converter's VSTi Converter?

wehkah wrote:It's a older thread but i just want to know if someone has a info if Extreme Sample Converter is discontinued. I wrote a few mails but no response from the developer.
It's been dead for a long time. I really wish Wlodzimierz had kept on developing it. It was the best converter software out there as far as value and workflow.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries