atm0spher1c - the unseen

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all - I'm on about a one song every 6 months timeline. Here's the latest Any and all feedback is welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/atm0spher1c/the-unseen

Quite interesting and well done. The talking snippets remind me of Boards Of Canada but the music is different. Pretty artsy in nature I'd say.

Very nice work. I enjoyed the drum sounds and how the lead parts kinda created different motifs for each section of the song. Like it was part of a narrative. I liked the samples, for subject matter but they didn't really sit in the mix very well. I'd probably process them until they were barely intelligible but some additional eq to give some of the samples more of a lofi/small speaker sound might help. :lol:

Thanks for sharing!

nice, some parts gave me an eastern influence but it moves around to different things, you made it all work in an arrangement concept, enjoyed

Thanks @fastlanephil and @wavephonic.

@justin3am I hear you. I find vocals tricky to eq and process. Thanks for the suggestions.

I was also getting BoC vibes from this piece, not only from the vocal samples but also from the excellent pads too. I also heard an eastern influence in the melody played by the pluck synth. Nice job with the percussion parts which were varied throughout and managed to impart the track with a dynamic and flowing vibe.

Good work :)

i like it! nice perc programming. it flows right along. well chosen sounds all mesh together. very much enjoyed. i;m keeping an ear out for you. :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Oh wow now this is pretty cool.

Almost Depeche Mode like resonant basslines, moody lead lines and some Middle Eastern scale action (always a favourite for me).

I also dig the restraint you use with effects, but when you do dial in the reverb it's perfectly judged.

Applause.

Thanks @seismic1, @layzer and @tehlord. Much appreciated, especially coming from you guys.

Return to “Music Cafe”