Haunted Spaces (now released)

RELATED
PRODUCTS

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James offered a little info on VI Control Forum - it's a follow up to Geosonics, another collaboration with Chris Watson, highlights including ambiences from Maori burial caves and the louvre basement

Wow sounds great

When? When? When?

Yes looking forwards to this immensely

Geosonics was and is a tremendous thing. Hope this will be in that ball park as well...

It's out

It looks completely and utterly amazing

http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products ... ed-spaces/

Just installed it!!! :party:

First impressions - really beautiful! Lives up to its name.

Was surprised that as well as including Chris Watson's samples it also seems to include samples taken from a history of SC sampling - eg bowed gamelan, novachord, buchla synths etc all there)

Just one niggle - the On/Off control for the XY pad is a bit hidden away - need to open up the options gear to see it (which btw opens up an incredible amount of deep editing options) - I can see why an uncluttered display is preferred but it needs to be on the main screen too as the natural thing is to try and drag the cube cursor but unless it's turned off your mouse is fighting what is already recorded.

Surprised there isn't more buzz about this. It's amazing, on preorder sale right now, and even has a Xmas seasonal haunted vibe ;)

Seriously I was going to get the new SugarBytes synth (and probably will at some point) but this was too great to pass up and the ease of creating new patches for it and beauty of the sound and creativity makes it well worth it.

Agree, this one is really marvellous, like putting Geosonics on a real useable (in case of not just using the athmos and ambients but making complete soundscapes) level AND adding all that SC instrument stuff.

With using 2 soundsources for the ambient/athmo stuff and the leaving 2 for instruments and combining maybe one with the jammer and then adding space, modulating evrything with the cube :wheee: :shock: really boundless possibilities.

Actually I'm wondering if it would be possible to also access the Geosonics soundsources? That would be icing on cake, or maybe just really great cake.

I'm so surprised not so many speak about this amazing instrument. It's one of the best buy I did in years, it's so modern, open, flexible, playable, and it fits potentially to so many music genres, has a wide range of sonic possibilities (I might say much more than Geosonics, which I own and use and love anyway).

It is organic and "alive" like not so many other instruments of its kind, and it's so easy to learn and lets me design the exact sound I need with tremendous accuracy.
Last edited by matteogk on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

aMUSEd wrote:Actually I'm wondering if it would be possible to also access the Geosonics soundsources? That would be icing on cake, or maybe just really great cake.
They did that with the Novachord, letting you access the Ondes Martenot speaker IRs if you have that library.

This is so deep - I think this is a good example of where sound design becomes a work of sound art.

Also really appreciating the NKS integration - the synchronicity now between Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt is perfect, I can save a NKS patch and have it appear as a snapshot in Kontakt and visa versa. Makes it really easy for me to create my own bank of sounds.

Return to “Soniccouture”